Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Mission: Invidious Jail  (Read 19656 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Invidious Jail
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2016, 06:49:04 am »

[TECHNOHELL]
"Hey can you grab that drone that is stuck large spider dude."
drive the drone back out of the hallway of steam if that doesn't work then wait for someone to grab it
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2016, 12:41:17 pm »

[Branching Fuckery

matter save the compressed matter ball and carefully deposit it in my pocket dimension, then fly close to the glowy section and inspect it.
Afterward matter save the whole damn glowy thing into my pocket dimension.

The ball you can do but I really don't think you have a cartridge big enough to grab the whole glowing thing. It's the size of an apartment building.

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Nicely done, Donnie," Cthunkan congratulates Christopher.

I did specifically mention grabbing it with the Matter Saver, but seems Auron's on that now. So let him do that and follow him toward that glowy thing he seems interested in.

Oh, and have Christopher come along and cover us while we do that. He's pretty useful, he is.

The glowing thing, on closer inspection, is some kind of glowing orb (aliens sure love that crap), maybe a tiny sun. In any case, there are metallic pods around it that seem to be generating the amoebas. You can tell they do this because they are doing it right now and producing some very robust looking goo-balls.

[BRANCHING FUCKERY.]

Assuming this is an actual method, by controlling the crystal and ordering it to replace my ear.
Yeah sure, why not, I'll roll for it.
[1]
Now you have a crystal brain tumor. You may only say the word "Bling" like some sort of gangsta smurph.

[TECHNOHELL]
"Hey can you grab that drone that is stuck large spider dude."
drive the drone back out of the hallway of steam if that doesn't work then wait for someone to grab it
The drone scrapes its way back out of the hall and to you.

[TECHNOHELL]
standing by in the shuttle.
What a purrrfect situation to stand around doing nothing.

[Technohell]

Use cameyes to peer through the dense unpeerable fog.

Hey can I quickly forge some scrap metal ammo for my ballista? Just a few grappling hooks, harpoons, cannon balls, flechette bundles, chain bolas, etc.
Harvest some scrap from the walls if I gotta.

Beyond what was already seen by the drone you would see that the steam hall connects to a very hefty looking sealed door. Bank Vault style thing.

Sure, why not.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Those pods look interesting."

How big are the pods? Can we steal chunks of those with a Matter Saver? Do that if yes. Preferably an integral-looking part.

Then also steal a chunk of the robust-looking goo things. Do matter-saving bucket runs to Auron's dimension of fun and games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2016, 01:13:55 pm »

[Branching Fuckery]

Bling.

Try to fix that.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2016, 04:37:48 pm »

[BRANCHINGFUCKERY]

"Woah! Fuck yeah! We did it!" Christopher says, punching the air and looking nearly responsible enough to hold a firearm safely.

Cover my allies, look for more things to steal. Will do statpoint in a sec.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2016, 05:02:07 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]
Waiting in the shuttle for transport to somewhere productive to be.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2016, 05:05:10 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]

"I'm way too fat for this. Might have to start exploring on foot soon. Either that or kool-aid through walls."
I'm too big to fit through the tunnel. So laser the vault door off the wall then grappling hook it over to me then cameyes what was behind it.

Accept some of Konrad's drones to carry.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:26:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2016, 05:32:11 pm »

[Branching fuckery]

Steal the entire glowy apartment and eject into my pocket dimension in as many pieces as necessary.

also use my hardlight projector and hydra to make a special walled off corner for it in my pocket dimension seperate from harry's amoeba generators.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2016, 06:32:11 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]

"I'm way too fat for this. Might have to start exploring on foot soon. Either that or kool-aid through walls."
I'm too big to fit through the tunnel. So laser the vault door off the wall then grappling hook it over to me then see what's behind it.
[TECHNOHELL]
"Hey since I can't actually get down there you mind carrying my drones through?"

Continue watching drone feeds if nobody drags them through then just scrape them along the ceiling until they get to the other side. Deploy an additional two drones to be carried through.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:32:29 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

"Of course!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2016, 07:37:58 pm »

TECHNOHELL

>:(Venture into vault door corridor with some drones.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2016, 12:38:18 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Those pods look interesting."

How big are the pods? Can we steal chunks of those with a Matter Saver? Do that if yes. Preferably an integral-looking part.

Then also steal a chunk of the robust-looking goo things. Do matter-saving bucket runs to Auron's dimension of fun and games.

You could steal an entire pod if you have anything but the smallest matter saver cartridge; each pod is about the size of a man, like a big metal easter egg filled with goo that wants to kill you. We'll assume you get a pod and all the goo on it.

Gotta say, you guys are very calm for standing around in front of something that keeps spawning stronger and stronger enemies.

[Branching Fuckery]

Bling.

Try to fix that.
[5] Spoil sport.  Fine, you reverse your crystalline brain damage and gain back the power of speech. I'm sure you will now go on a whirlwind tour of college graduations and self help seminars, giving inspirational speeches about overcoming adversity and your own very stupid ideas.

[BRANCHINGFUCKERY]

"Woah! Fuck yeah! We did it!" Christopher says, punching the air and looking nearly responsible enough to hold a firearm safely.

Cover my allies, look for more things to steal. Will do statpoint in a sec.

Well you point your gun down at your allies. Not sure what bullet you have loaded. Better home it's not another one of them black shells or we're gonna be down a few more guys. As per things to steal, thats a good question. Depends on what you consider worth stealing. Aurons already grabbed a fair share of lattice and every kind of amoeba has been captured like we're playing Pokemon or something. You could try and steal that big glow'n thing, but that would involve going down to where the rest of the team is and being a very poor...uh...coverer? You tap the front of your helmet with the barrel of the arranger. What is the correct word for that? Teammate is too vague...Assistant? No that just makes it seem like you're gonna do his typing...

[Branching fuckery]

Steal the entire glowy apartment and eject into my pocket dimension in as many pieces as necessary.

also use my hardlight projector and hydra to make a special walled off corner for it in my pocket dimension seperate from harry's amoeba generators.

Alright, well the dice say you do that so...well you tear the glowing thing apart piece by piece until there is nothing left. The pods that are releasing the amoebas stop working and everything goes quiet.

TECHNOHELL

>:(Venture into vault door corridor with some drones.

You walk into the vault door corridor and are immediately pinned to the ceiling by the massive flow of super heated steam. You're not hurt but it is awfully hard to do anything like this.

[TECHNOHELL]

I'm too big to fit through the tunnel. So laser the vault door off the wall then grappling hook it over to me then cameyes what was behind it.

Accept some of Konrad's drones to carry.

...Ok. You cut a hole in both the wall directly in front of you and the one with the vault door behind it. Then you drag them both out, with doris all jammed up in the wreckage as well. Slight problem is that there is still a massive torrent of steam pouring out of that area and now there's no tunnel. You attempt to grapple over but when you shoot the grapple it hits the steam and just flies upward. And you, with the surface area of a small home, would probably go flying the instant you stepped into that sauna-wind tunnel thing.
[TECHNOHELL]
Waiting in the shuttle for transport to somewhere productive to be.
I don't think anyone is gonna do that for you, friend.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Hm. Wonder what crazy fuckery that thing had as its endgame plan. I guess with the pods and the glowy thing we can maybe reverse engineer it."

Let's do a samples check. Those amoebas were pretty goddamn durable. And we have all the components of the thing that was making more and stronger ones. Is that good enough for the End-of-the-World device's casing? Not sure what the standards of this Wunderwaffe are.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:16:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

[Technohell]

"That's not what I meant to do. Oh well let's pick up the pace. I hope physics are on my side today!"
If there's still anything to crawl along, then use strength to cling to it and crawl through the steam to the vault door.

If not, then make a running rocket assisted dash through the steam, and latch onto whatever I can on the other side.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:09:39 pm by NAV »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2016, 02:08:28 pm »

[Branching Fuckery]
Give an inspirational speech to my colleges about overcoming adversity.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:21:03 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9