Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Mission: Invidious Jail  (Read 19643 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Invidious Jail
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2016, 05:14:01 am »

[BRANCHINGFUCKERY]

"On it. Get ready to catch it before it decompresses."

Fire a black compression round from the arranger at the new amoeba-like creatures. Preferably hitting several and a fair bit of lattice as well, but just one on it's own would do it: don't incapacitate one directly adjacent to an unharmed fellow amoeba.

Then step aside and let Cthunkan grab the compressed point.
One wheel short of a wagon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2016, 08:21:00 am »

[TECHNOHELLLLLLLLLLLLLL]
"There's a giant spinny orb. I'm gonna poke it with a stick."
Cameyes the orb, cameyes the two service exits, and cameyes under the orb.
If that reveals nothing poke the orb with a stick.

Spoiler: @ Corsair's drones (click to show/hide)

ALSO HELP GET DOORS OPEN THROUGH STRENGTH AND HANDIWORK
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:56:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »

[Branching Fuckery]

be depressed that the amoebas can not be enlightened to wonders of the crystals. Also, try to cryatalize one of my eyes and see what happens.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2016, 12:57:40 am »

Branching Fuckery

Re-open my portal on this branch of the lattice, jump back into my carry cage with whomever is brave enough to follow and launch brazen aerial assault's on the new amoeba's.

attempt to matter saver all of the limbs off of an amoeba, if successful encase it in a hardlight sphere and relocate my portal entrance in front of wherever it rolls.
Close portal if any fully functional amoebas get too close to it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2016, 03:24:37 am »

[TECHNOHELL]
((Can someone who can get down to the weird spinny thing open the doors?))
after door open scout with drones cautiously
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2016, 05:11:58 am »

[Technodong]

"I'll have a go at getting the door open when I get down, but it will probbably be through application of blunt, spiky, and explodey force"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 01:24:22 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]
((Can someone who can get down to the weird spinny thing open the doors?))
after door open scout with drones cautiously
You send a drone in. The hall beyond the door is actually more like a ventilated pipe; a square hall with thin slats cut in the floor and ceiling. Steam is running straight through the hall with enough force to pin your drone the the ceiling.

[TECHNOHELLLLLLLLLLLLLL]
"There's a giant spinny orb. I'm gonna poke it with a stick."
Cameyes the orb, cameyes the two service exits, and cameyes under the orb.
If that reveals nothing poke the orb with a stick.

Spoiler: @ Corsair's drones (click to show/hide)
The orb is metal, very warm, spinning quite fast and apparently opaque to x-rays. You cannot see under the orb.

You poke the orb with a stick and its high speed spin and rough surface slap the stick out of your hands.

[TECHNOHELL]
Climb down the shaft, since I'm pretty sure jump jets aren't rated for giving you a soft landing.

If I make this without crippling myself, attempt to open the door in the following steps:

1) Is there a handle or an obvious access button/panel. If so disregard following steps

2) Punch door with assaultsuit strength

3) slam AS-CAF-RP-Pm225: DECEITFUL IVORY, (Banner's Gamma Dong) into the door with assaultsuit's strength.

4) Skip straight to the inevitable conclusion and try blowing it open with a high-explosive grenade.

"I'm going down the pit. If I fall and die, make my memorial have a shitty limerick about falling on it"

(I was on phone, bite me)
(Don't tempt me, baby)

Down we go, and over to mr. That-robot-spider-thing-from-wild-wild-west.

Oh, a check list for door opening. Very pragmatic. Milno is proud. Maybe.

1. There is a button. A strange button. It seems to be more of a mechanical push button than a normal electronic one. As you push you feel resistance, and then mechanical action. The door slides open slowly and jerkily, as though being moved by a gear system that paused on each tooth.  Behind the door is even more heat and steam, so much so that attempting to peer through it is useless. Its like trying to see through a dense fog. A dense flesh melting fog.

Branching Fuckery

Re-open my portal on this branch of the lattice, jump back into my carry cage with whomever is brave enough to follow and launch brazen aerial assault's on the new amoeba's.

attempt to matter saver all of the limbs off of an amoeba, if successful encase it in a hardlight sphere and relocate my portal entrance in front of wherever it rolls.
Close portal if any fully functional amoebas get too close to it.

Hold on, black compression round preempting.
[Branching Fuckery]

be depressed that the amoebas can not be enlightened to wonders of the crystals. Also, try to cryatalize one of my eyes and see what happens.
...how?  Specifically, what process are you using here.

[BRANCHINGFUCKERY]

"On it. Get ready to catch it before it decompresses."

Fire a black compression round from the arranger at the new amoeba-like creatures. Preferably hitting several and a fair bit of lattice as well, but just one on it's own would do it: don't incapacitate one directly adjacent to an unharmed fellow amoeba.

Then step aside and let Cthunkan grab the compressed point.

A black compression round eh? Well lose a point from a stat then.

You fire down onto the lattice and hit in the midst of most of the amoebas. A black sphere expands outward from the point of impact, engulfing all the ameobas, part of the large glowing section of the lattice, and very nearly you and your team several hundred feet away. It holds at that size for a moment and then compresses down in an instant. It crushes hundreds of feet worth of dense metal and strange alien things into a sphere the size of a basketball. Suffice it to say,  there's nothing alive in there.

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Gentlemen, we may have our man."

Sneak on up to one of these new amoebas and see if I can steal a chunk with the Matter Saver and then bug out rapidly. Empty the current contents of my own Matter Saver into whatever storage solution Auron can be arsed to provide before brave theft.

If one amoeba notices and comes toward me, try to steal a bit of it before running the hell away. If a lot of them start coming at me, just focus on running like hell.

EDIT: If Christopher's attempt to compress an amoeba works, grab one of those and bug out.

Uh...Well you float down and attempt to grab the sphere but even in this gravity it has firmly embedded itself in a nearby lattice and you aren't strong enough to move it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2016, 05:39:00 pm »

[Branching Fuckery

matter save the compressed matter ball and carefully deposit it in my pocket dimension, then fly close to the glowy section and inspect it.
Afterward matter save the whole damn glowy thing into my pocket dimension.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »

[Technohell]

Use cameyes to peer through the dense unpeerable fog.

Hey can I quickly forge some scrap metal ammo for my ballista? Just a few grappling hooks, harpoons, cannon balls, flechette bundles, chain bolas, etc.
Harvest some scrap from the walls if I gotta.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:39:03 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2016, 05:45:50 am »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Nicely done, Donnie," Cthunkan congratulates Christopher.

I did specifically mention grabbing it with the Matter Saver, but seems Auron's on that now. So let him do that and follow him toward that glowy thing he seems interested in.

Oh, and have Christopher come along and cover us while we do that. He's pretty useful, he is.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2016, 09:14:26 am »

[TECHNOHELL]
standing by in the shuttle.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2016, 11:25:58 am »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY.]

Assuming this is an actual method, by controlling the crystal and ordering it to replace my ear.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:11:03 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:48 am »

((Tag, MJ, don't forget the tag.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2016, 05:14:30 am »

[OPTIONAL MISSION]
((Original post removed!  Just the following now:
mission to get the cube now recruiting.  Anyone at all?))

If you want to join the mission to get the deathcube, make a bolded post in the M26 thread.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:46:58 am by ZBridges »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2016, 05:42:43 am »

"Well, that sounds like a lot of work. I think I'll just carry on stealing shit in here, how about you guys?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9