Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Mission: Invidious Jail  (Read 19605 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Invidious Jail
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:27 pm »

[TECHNOVIKING]

"Okay, so which way do we go for the space loot, people?"
[TECHNOHECK]

"I dunno, is there anyone here with not-terrible intuition?"

Cameyes All the directions.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:03 pm »

[TECHNOVIKING]

[TECHNOHELL]
"I can launch drones to scout"
Launch a drone and have it go through the tunnels one at a time to the next room or until they see something, err on the side of caution in terms of possible murder bots/turrets/laser-grids and so on.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:06:53 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]
I go invisible and pick a random unexplored-by-other-means tunnel excluding the vertical up or down ones and go down it and see where it goes.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

[Branching Fuckery.]

Unleash my loot hydra upon the blobs, send diwn a literal tidal wave if molten gold to wash them away.

begin matter saving any amoebas that avoid my id's attacks.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2016, 04:16:20 am »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

Ready and activate white hot club and be prepared to try and ward off approaching amoebas from the firing squad.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2016, 10:55:10 am »

[TECHNOHECKNO]

Guard the tunnel entrance Lyra scouts, just in case she needs fatbot backup.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 11:43:57 am »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Flank 'em, get to the glowing shit."

A ten second burst of Doctrine fire, or thereabouts. If that makes no real useful dent in their numbers, then use the corrosion black arranger round to remove a big chunk of the lattice they're climbing on.

If general plan if stealthy/am instructed to not do that, DON'T DO ABOVE, follow orders instead.

((Will be away for five days, auto me, feel free to use corrosion round or even gravpoint.))
[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

Fire the crystalline projector at them for surely they are here to convert to the church of the crystal.
[Branching Fuckery.]

Unleash my loot hydra upon the blobs, send diwn a literal tidal wave if molten gold to wash them away.

begin matter saving any amoebas that avoid my id's attacks.

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

Ready and activate white hot club and be prepared to try and ward off approaching amoebas from the firing squad.
The first attack through is UP's molten gold wave. It flows in slow motion due to the low gravity and splatters all over the advancing amebae, hardening quickly into a very luxurious tomb. Everyone waits, staring at the gold and expecting the amebae to burst out of it at any moment. But they don't. But back near the glow, more things begin to move, slithering down the metal skeleton towards both the gold and the team. Those with the capacity to do so zoom in to look at the new threat and they report that it is again amoebas but of a different kind. It's hard to tell what the functional difference is, but these ameobas have a sort of chrome colored outer skin that makes them look like beads of mercury.

[TECHNOHECKNO]

Guard the tunnel entrance Lyra scouts, just in case she needs fatbot backup.
You stand around and wait to be useful.

[TECHNOHELL]
I go invisible and pick a random unexplored-by-other-means tunnel excluding the vertical up or down ones and go down it and see where it goes.
Alright, lets do this: I'm naming the passages after cardinal directions. You take North passage. You follow the passage down for a good mile or so. There are many dozens of small off shoot passages, varying in size between about 12 feet in diameter to just about a foot. The main passage is also slowly getting smaller as you walk, though it would take many miles to become impassable, if the shrink rate stays constant.

[TECHNOVIKING]

[TECHNOHELL]
"I can launch drones to scout"
Launch a drone and have it go through the tunnels one at a time to the next room or until they see something, err on the side of caution in terms of possible murder bots/turrets/laser-grids and so on.
[TECHNOVIKING]

[TECHNOHECK]

"I dunno, is there anyone here with not-terrible intuition?"

Cameyes All the directions.
Actions merged due to similarity
You send out cameyes in all directions. All horizontal paths look similar to the one already described above, however the vertical paths are different. The one going up seems to go on for a very long time and has several more of these 6 way intersections along its length. You stop before you reach the end due to the cam eye's effective range. The one down is a straight shot with no branches, but it becomes much hotter as you go down and eventually it takes a sharp 90 degree turn and becomes a horizontal passage. You can see what looks like machinery down there.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]

Spider on down to the heat and machinery. Try to figure out what the machines do.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Careful. I hear that mercury absorbs magic."

If there's anyone standing about, keep them free of outside interference with white hot club if it comes to that, whether that be beating away attacking organisms or batting away incoming projectiles.

If there's nobody standing about and either firing or magicking, approach closer to chromoebas as they are no doubt ruthlessly attacked and see if in the oncoming fire I can maybe save some of their matter.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2016, 09:01:59 am »

[Branching Fuckery]

Start firing the crystalline projector at the ambeoa's again, if they get close enough then stab them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:23:09 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2016, 05:23:48 pm »

[technohell]

"This current s just yells 'Heat Sink' to me. I think we should get ourselves down to the machinery level soonish"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2016, 06:07:57 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]
Random side-passage, go down it a short ways, come back to the group if it's more of the same. either way I'm making sure I stay oriented.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:09:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »

[TECHNOHELL]
"I'll send drones down to scout with you spider-mecha-man"

Send two drones down with NAV and have them cover directions he isn't looking in to warn in case of ambush, if ambushed have the drones attack whatever it is from NAV's rear flank above so they don't freindly fire him.

((PW can I get rough explanation of what the drones are equipped))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:20 pm »

[Branching Fuckery]

Let the others have some fun while I begin cutting ameoba statues free and rolling them into my pocket dimension. If my genehacked strength isnt enough use my dragon for transportation.

Aside from that keep my dragon on ballistic gem overwatch in case my team cant deal with the new threat.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 04:55:49 am »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

"Do we need a sample of one of those light sources? We could try to cut some away from the rest of the lattice, then just shove it towards the portal..."

Assist with Amoeba statue cutting using the pimpknuckle's circular saw blade function. Beat a hasty retreat if the second wave gets close, preferably on dragonback. View one of the light sources: would it be possible to cut one away from the lattice using explosives, melee weapons, and a material corrosion round?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9