Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Mission: Invidious Jail  (Read 19578 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Invidious Jail
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 01:59:00 am »

Fractalverse ahoy
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 02:13:32 pm »

Wait for me!
Which ship?

Harry, NJW, Midnight and UP are heading for fractalverse

Corsair, doris and lengon are going to quiet world.

So if you wanted to even it out, you'd go for the quiet world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 03:50:34 pm »

Quiet world then!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 02:33:32 pm »

Harry, Mid, NJW, UP
FRACTAL VERSE
USE THIS TAG [BRANCHING FUCKERY]
Ok, for those of you not up on your Heph-ery, fractal verse looks like this.

The following info is copy pasted from the wiki
"It's definitely a fractal latice but it's also extremely regular and it appears to be expanding out in all directions. You can see bright lights a within some of the deeper sections nearby. The atmosphere seems to be an extremely thin but ubiquitous nitrogen-argon mix. Humans from phase four return unnaffected.

As a probe gets nearer to the lights, it gets footage what appear to be living things. The look metallic, but amorphous, like globs of mercury the size of a small minivan. Coming out of this amorphous body are what look like solid metal limbs, as though there were a robotic skeleton under that Amoeba-like exterior. The things are crawling about on the surface of the lattice, though to what end you can't tell. The light appears to be coming from large collections of these creatures which are banded together near strange whirling, glowing sections of the lattice. You can't tell what they do, but they appear to be throwing out a heck of a lot of energy. The blobs ignore your probe, or perhaps they can't see it? "

Now, we're putting you at the same spawn point, so from here you can see those glowing lights and you can see those blob friends. The open air around here is effectively like space with microgravity and useless atmosphere.

Nav, Doris, Lenglon, Corsair
QUIET WORLD
USE THIS TAG TECHNOHELL
Ok. Here's the deal. You guys are get ported into this place in your ship and immediately there are problems. For you guys in the ship, what you experience is a moment of free fall and then the ship jerks hard to one side and settles, almost like the floor was just pulled out of under it and it fell into an oddly shaped hole. The emergency light in the crew compartment is going, and there's a klaxon blaring along with the automated warning "STRUCTURAL DAMAGE, PLATFORM INSTABILITY!"

And then there's a screeching metal sound and the ship seems to settle some more, tilting at an even greater angle. It is at this point that some bright spark would probably get the idea to look through the external cams and see that the shuttle seems to be wedged in a large vertical vent of some kind, but that it is slowly slipping down and will soon tumble on down into the darkness below.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 03:08:52 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

First things first, take a sample of the lattice with any tools available. See how hard it is to dislodge. If very difficult, take a small bite out of it with the matter saver. Stand well back and observe how it behaves when damaged.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 03:21:33 pm »

((Verifying because my phone hates the wiki: techiehell (used wrong name on purpose to avoid disturbing pw) has Lyra the cat, two assaultsuits, and a AoW. and all three heavies have conventional weapons, one assaultsuit also has meele, and all three heavies have explosives. nobody has support-type equipment excluding Lyra's biomods and implants, Lyra has the only Id as well.
So were basically three heavies and one support... not a bad forcecomp. only the assaultsuits can fly though.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 03:45:51 pm »

((Assaultsuits can't fly unless the other guy bought the flight variant, I got jump jets))

TECHNOHELL

Try to see if the ship is actually capable of hovering in place or if it's a "ship" as in a box to teleport with
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 03:49:36 pm »

((Techhell))

"Can anyone tell if that stuff all around us is actual metal? Or whether it's some organic shit?"
One wheel short of a wagon

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 05:35:24 pm »

TECHNOHELL
Open the shuttle door, grab the wall or ground and stop the shuttle from slippling.
"Hey bros. Check out my new giant spider robot. Who's leading this mission?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 06:15:19 pm »

((NJW, you at techhell or fractal? pw has you at fractal...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 06:26:04 pm »

TECHNOHELL

"Careful everyone we are on unstable ground here"
Assume direct control of the ship if possible via whatever means I can using AUX once done slowly activate thrusters so that we balance out then move to an acceptable landing point. If that doesn't work measure distance to something stable outside and request port to that position. If those don't work then slowly move to the doors and open them get out and use avatar strength to stabilise the shuttle on the ground, don't have one or both legs in the shuttle that would be dumb and lead to praising gravity.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 08:25:23 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

Stab a piece of the lattice with the crystal projector, anything interesting happen?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:07 am »

[TECHNOHELL]

If we're on a world with normal or low gravity and a normal or thick atmosphere, then I position myself where I can bail out if need be. I'm low density so I should have a quite low terminal velocity and be less affected by gravity, which will greatly reduce falling risks even before my cat-nature is taken into account.

If falling is dangerous for me then I'll hide near my allies and hope they handle the situation without my interference.

If all efforts fail and we enter an uncontrolled fall, then I'll have no choice but to mass-manip amp us to safety. I will only do this after others actions have failed.

Mission Start Reminder to PW that Lyra has both Haber Implant and Empathic Gland

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 03:13:44 am »

((NJW, you at techhell or fractal? pw has you at fractal...))
((Aaaaah shit. This may happen a lot.))

[BRANCHINGFUCKERY]

"Don't stab the Xeno shit with experimental and weird weapons, soldier! What happened at the island was bad enough! Also, can anyone tell if this stuff is metal? And who here can actually move through space?"

Switch assasultsuit to heat detection mode, check if the clusters of lights give off heat much, if certain ones do, try and remember them. Switch to motion detection mode, check for moving stuff, primarily any heading towards us, then for the nearest movement to us, and where the most movement is... stuff that might be relevant, basically. Try and tell if the lattice is made of metal.

Upon seeing somebody try to stab the lattice with a crystal projector unannounced, Christopher would gently but speedily remove them or the projector from said lattice, though wouldn't throw them into space or anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »

[BRANCHING FUCKERY]

Walk out of the shuttle and set up my portal.
begin matter saving sections of a fractal arm we are not standing on and ejecting them into my pocket dimension.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9