Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Trench Warfare: 1975 Through No Man's Land ((Wiatlist Open))  (Read 5233 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Trench Warfare: 1975 (5/5) Repelling the First Charge.
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2016, 11:38:54 pm »

Snipe the enemy's i can see out of the MG nest in front of me.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 11:44:48 pm »

little dots next to the red enemy dots
I have edited into the turn an explanation. Those dots represent the person who can see that particular enemy. There are currently no yellow dots, because Bill sees no one. Whereas, you  as 'Abe' can see a ton of people.

instead of saying "you see a man" that you say "you see an enemy"

As you wish. At some point after this charge is over, I'll see about finding a suitable name for both sides.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Trench Warfare: 1975 (5/5) One dead. Recruits requested rapidly.
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2016, 01:03:04 am »

TURN 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is early Afternoon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reginald Esquire: Seeing as how there is no safer place than where you are right now, you duck into the trench and safely unjam your gun. You pop back up and see four enemies, three by the MG nest on the right, one by the one on the left.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Michael Mowry: You sight up the enemy about to jump in, but he jumps in right as you pull the trigger(8;14). Your bullet goes sailing over his head and embeds itself in a landmine out near the no man's land. The mine is unaffected by it(2;18). You pull your pistol out of the mud and fire at the enemy on the left side of the bunker. It misses by a large margin, but there's mud in it and on it, soooo. Acceptable, I guess?(5;14)
'Abe' Tillman: You drop some of the ammo and tear apart the guy about to enter the Bunker(10;9). He goes down. You see the other two are forming up to prevent movement in to help the gunner and Hiro. They both take a shot at you with semi automatic rifles. The closer one misses completely. You can swear that you almost deflected the round, but it was clear that he missed. The other one had perfect aim. The bullet would have gone straight through your brain. Had your helmet not been there, you'd be dead(20;20((Coin flip))Heads;Tails((Heads))).
 Bill Alabaster: You bravely hold down the back line. Using your handy dandy FAL you shoot three bullets at each of the enemies above the trench in front of you, you shoot the closer one and hit him in the gut and leg(17;17+Coin flip), then the one further away, but miss. The other two enemies that you can see are shot at with two bullets each. The closer one is hit in the left arm(15;13). You gun explodes in a shower of splinters and metal shrapnel(1;9). You see your trigger finger hit the ground below. Or you would if there weren't splinters everywhere. One enemy fires and it hits the dirt behind you(17;10). The other enemy was right on target. He hits you right in the head, killing you instantly(1;20).

YOU ARE DEAD.
Hiroharu: You took a shot at the enemy closest to you(10;17), but you missed. So you took another shot at him and hit him in the right arm, severing it from the elbow. The gunner looses a deadly wall of lead at the guy still on the other side of the barbed wire. the bullets slap the ground everywhere around him, but miss him entirely. The gunner switches targets to the last guy running through the trench on your right. The enemy stops moving altogether and is easy prey for the gunner. He blows the poor dude's head to pieces. You see the blood spray and the little bits of brain on the wall. You feel the gunner is gonna have that PTSD when he goes home. So are you.
Aaron Philips: You arrive from elsewhere behind the line to the intense fighting going on here in Charlie sector. You are in the far left on the main side trench. You fondle the BAR as you spot four enemies. No one has seen you yet. The enemies are focused on the MG nests.
Some drops fall from the heavens. The bodies are starting to disappear in the mud. The guns are getting hotter. The enemies have killed one of your guys.

((GuUNINANRUNIN, If your part of the turn does not show up, I am sorry, I'll deal with it tomorrow. Issues with the preview system.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:14:59 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Trench Warfare: 1975 (5/5) One dead. Recruits requested rapidly.
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2016, 01:16:31 am »

'Abe' Tillman: You drop some of the ammo and tear apart the guy about to enter the Bunker(10;9). He goes down. You see the other two are forming up to prevent movement in to help the gunner and Hiro. They both take a shot at you with semi automatic rifles. The closer one misses completely. You can swear that you almost deflected the round, but it was clear that he missed. The other one had perfect aim. The bullet would have gone straight through your brain. Had your helmet not been there, you'd be dead(20;20((Coin flip))Heads;Tails((Heads))).

Dive back the way I came, into cover. Once I'm in concealment, lob an impact grenade over into their part of the trench, then cautiously round the corner with my SMG ready and make sure they're dead.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:21:19 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2016, 01:19:57 am »

Fire at the closest person.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2016, 01:22:03 am »

Shoot the guy near the barbwire in the head, or rather try to.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

somokus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro tip: (points to avatar).
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2016, 01:45:07 pm »

Find some back up or if none are around then flank left.
I traveled space once....... I hated it.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2016, 01:49:14 pm »

Name:Jaque Peterson
Nationality: French
Period of Duty: 1939
Weapon Type of Choice: light machine gun
Current Weapons: Lewis Gun ,Thompson Sub Machine gun,

somokus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro tip: (points to avatar).
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2016, 03:20:09 pm »

Name:Jaque Peterson
Nationality: French
Period of Duty: 1939
Weapon Type of Choice: light machine gun
Current Weapons: Lewis Gun ,Thompson Sub Machine gun,

((sure u don't want anything else?))
I traveled space once....... I hated it.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2016, 10:33:04 pm »

clean and reload pistol after withdrawing a small amount to reduce the chances of being shot.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2016, 01:13:20 am »

TURN 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is mid Afternoon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reginald Esquire: You shoot at the closer of the enemies guarding the MG nest from friendly reinforcements. He sees you aiming at him and jumps for cover. Right into your bullet(9;1). His buddy notices you and shoots at you, hitting you in the left arm and shoulder(10;6). You fall over into the trench to avoid any further wounds. The rain pours on you, masking you in mud and washing the blood away from the wound.
Michael Mowry: You withdraw further into the trench, furiously cleaning your gun. You get it shiny and spotless before you even think about stopping the retreat. You reload it when you come to a halt. The two enemies above the trench line shoot at you, but both miss by a narrow margin. You also see their reinforcements coming down the advance trench. The n you see nothing, save rain.
'Abe' Tillman: You dive into the cover of the nearby comms trench, half expecting a full on volley of MG rounds to slam into the dirt beside you. This doesn't happen, though you do hear shots and a mild scream of pain. You throw a contact 'splosive at the two bumbling morons in the other trench. They are both consumed in a great cloud of mud and dirt. One is hanging on by a thread and the other looks like he's only got one finger out of the grave. Just to be sure you fire another burst from your SMG. What you thought would be a mercy killing ended up being a complete wash(2;18)(8;12), as you spray the whole trench, but their prone figures. The all of a sudden they disappear in the torrential downpour. As does the rest of the trench.
HiroHaru: You sight up the guy crawling through the barbed wire, only to have the other gunner tear him to pieces. You instead opt for the last of the three running down the trench line. You nail him right in the head(20;N/A). He falls like a ton of bricks. As he falls you hear the sounds of small arms fire from the other gunner point. From that point you somehow hear the scuffle, through the breaking of chairs and the insults thrown back and forth. The enemy yells "EAT KNUCKLE FRITZ!!" followed by the German insults stopping. Immediately the rain starts and crushes all sound and lowers your sight range.
Aaron Philips: Hate to say it pal, but you are as far left as you can go. Seriously. You sneak up the trench wall and manage to evade the whole reinforcement trifecta and even get behind them. The rain that started a minute ago, masked your form and allowed you to sneak past them undetected.
The Floodgates open, rain is flooding the field and reducing sight and hearing range. ((-5 to all on perception rolls, +5 to all stealth rolls)) The enemies disappear in the downpour.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2016, 01:17:05 am »

Crawl along the ground, through the supply trench closer to the front line.  Pop up then open fire.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:41:32 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2016, 01:24:10 am »

Go out of the bunker, cover myself in mud and sneak past the enemy's, hand on my katana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2016, 01:42:31 am »

((Edited my action cause I misinterpreted my distance from the enemy.  The red dots are our enemy right?  ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2016, 12:15:29 pm »

((Yes. Red dots are the enemies. Black dots or smudges are dead enemies/players. Also, you should look to the bottom map. That is how far you can see, given the rain and the darkness of the cloud cover. You may want to adjust the action for the darkness.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6