Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pretty good part time job if you have a car  (Read 931 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
pretty good part time job if you have a car
« on: May 27, 2016, 10:00:15 pm »

Just started driving for DoorDash. It's in Seattle I'm not sure if it's where you are you have to check it out. I signed up online then I got cleared to go in. Got a bag and a shirt. Then I downloaded the app and turned it on. You sign up for half an hour blocks you can make them as long as you want if that's available. You can even extend if you want to go longer. On average after spending gas I make about 12 bucks an hour but I just started I'm going to get better. I should warn you that your car insurance probably doesn't cover you while you're driving, so you might want to check into that. My current understanding is that you are still legal to drive you just would not get protection from an accident so if that's concerning to you make sure to handle that.

If you want to check it out use my phone number(msg me) as a referral code. I totally would love for you to sign up and do more than 30 deliveries in 30 days so I(and you) can get a bonus, but this is actually a pretty sweet gig, I'm happy to answer any questions and also feel free to use this thread to share other cool jobs you discovered ideally ones that are app besed or would be available to people all over. I signed up for Uber and I was accepted but my car's not new enough and haven't tried it yet. There are no requirements on your car for doordash though. I also hear Postmates and Amazon Now is good but I can't say personally.

So if anyone finds this useful I'm glad, I was inspired to bring this out when a fellow user of these forums needed a job and seemed to respond positively to this and I thought I'd share the love. Its a job but freaking choose your own hours and there's not any real single person you have to report to check it out :-)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:04:50 pm by GameBoyBlue »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: pretty good part time job if you have a car
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 08:00:38 am »

Since this was my last topic on my old account, I wanted to give my thoughts looking back on app delivery.

Well it was a job, kinda. The money wasn't really enough to cover expenses and living. You needed special insurance as I mentioned, aswell as to consider all that extra wear on your vehicle. It's important to factor in that I was homeless, living out of my vehicle, so my expenses were far lower than normal. I had undiagnosed autism, and the flexible hours and fast pace and clear and simple goals, and sense of freedom and independence made it something my spacey mind could do and enjoy, and not get fired from. Infact they were so hungry for drivers there was a sort-of job security in that regard. After a car crash while driving to see family, I grew a seed of anxiety about driving, and now I don't drive at all. If I did drive, I don't think I'd do it again for many reasons. The pay would have to be better, and I'd want to use a company car although that would mean a regular schedule, and I've never been able to be kept at, let alone thrive at a structured job. Now days I am unemployed but housed thanks to social security income and try to live within those means as a roommate. My "condition" gets more pronounced with each year, I often don't know why I walked into a room, or realized I've neglected some basic chores or hygiene for weeks. Very recently, things are getting better.

Now I've got more routines that keep me on track, I am still apathetic about exercise and keeping my room clean, but I am starting to make progress. I'm getting used to my recent move, which was a big setback in terms of pulling myself together. I'm starting to do yoga and go on nature walks, and for the first time, feel genuinely - positive.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:02:03 pm »

...I'm pretty sure the self-diagnostic test for Autism includes the question "Are you a member of B12forums?"

Sucks about the driving issues.  Out where I live, driving is life.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 08:38:16 am »

So I've heard. Thanks.

Baring COVID, I like the bus, or going to an event with friends. I don't miss driving at all..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:40:33 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.