Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (SG) Mind-Killer  (Read 2223 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
(SG) Mind-Killer
« on: May 27, 2016, 02:57:26 am »

+THOUGHT FOR THE DAY+
Fear is the mind-killer.

The Hymn of Activation, 3:18
Armor him in Contempt, O my Emperor, and shield him in Faith.
Arm him with Hatred, O my Emperor, and direct his Fury.
Turn his Ignorance into Intolerance, his Belief into Blood-lust.
Emperor grant him Wisdom, to know his enemy.
Emperor grant him Strength, to fight his enemy.
Emperor grant him Faith, to defeat all his enemies.

Let us give praise, and say the activation codes.

You are a Mind-killer, a member of an elite, all-psyker operation. You and others of your kind are psychic supersoldiers implanted behind enemy lines to destabilize enemy forces, to sow fear among them, for fear is the mind-killer.

Of the five Mind-killers, you are:

I. Primaris: an unmatched saboteur. Her explosives, thrice-blessed by the priesthood of Mars, bathe all in absolution.
II. Secundus: an unparalleled sniper. His eye is the like of the Imperial Eagle, and every bullet he gives is redemption.
III. Tertius: an unbeaten brawler. An abhuman Ogryn, he is a paragon of penitence, seeking forgiveness for being inhuman.
IV. Quartus: an unseen shadow. Her vow of silence extends to all her body - and to her gun.
V. Quintus: an unsound madman. His mind is dark, his powers terrible. He is the Emperor's hatred given flesh, His will made manifest.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Mind-Killer
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 03:43:30 am »

>V
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:21:40 am »

>V

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 05:24:37 am »

V
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 05:42:39 am »

I
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:41:11 am »

I, because explosives!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:51:19 am »

V, because Magical Explosives!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 01:10:26 pm »

Why would bay12 vote for anything else then V...

I vote for Primaris.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

I, boom boom!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 04:55:52 pm »

I.
Max avatar size is 80x80

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 05:13:41 pm »

V V V V V V V
V V V V V V V
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 04:18:35 am »

+THOUGHT FOR THE DAY+
The Emperor expects - do not fail Him.
The Emperor protects - He will never fail you.

Spoiler: Administratum Tally (click to show/hide)

"The activation hymn has been sung. Awake, Primaris. The Emperor has called."

"And I answer."

You greedily suck in the stale air, your throat burning as you are brought out of cryo-stasis. The lights in the medicae swim and dance, and garbled noises play in your ears. A wrinkled man, so wrinkled you could tell from his blurry visage, holds a censer with the reanimation gasses. Beside him, a giant draped in red robes.

The giant barks something in binary, and tattooed servitors dress you in a soft robe that smells of incense. The wrinkled man smiles.

"How do you feel, Primaris? Ready for action?"

"Always, now and forever, until I'm called to His side."

The old man smiles again. As your vision clears, so does your memory. Father Decimus - the founder and commander of the Mind-killer cult. The man who took the nine greatest students of the Saint Thor schola, and broke them. Broke Octavus and Sextus until they could no longer walk. Broke Septimus until he could no longer think. And he broke Nonus until she could no longer be considered human.

The rest, he fixed.

"Where will I be assigned, Father?" you ask, voice still thick and hoarse from stasis.

He pats your shoulder affectionately. "Nowhere too harsh, my child. That last mission was a catastrophe. Have you learned from your mistakes?"

You shudder. After he was done with you, you had been on the verge of death. On the verge of being broken again.

"Of course, Father."

He sighs in relief, his smile widening. "Good, good! Let's start with something simple." He produces a dataslate from his cavernous robes. "A Guard regiment has gone renegade."

"You wish me to scare them into submission?"

He shakes his head. "I want you to scare others from following." His face contorts into rage, like a storm from nowhere. His wrinkled mask tears at the seams, unable to contain the cruel, cold iron face within.

"Make an example out of them."

----

The red giant hands you a dataslate. "Your previous handler was irreparable, following your failed mission. He has been disposed of properly." A pity, you think to yourself. "Select one."

A list of candidates, and many you find immediately unworthy. A few catch your eye, however.

I. Administratum scribe. (While you may be adept at cutting down foes, you are not as adept as cutting red tape. With expert maneuvering and paper-pushing, the scribe can tame the beast of bureaucracy and allow you to requisition gear more easily.)

II. Multitask servitor. (Unlike the monotask models seen everywhere in the Imperium, this one can fully function at virtually any task, perhaps save combat. A pricey servitor like this should not be wasted in a firefight.)

III. Ministorum priest. (Like Father Decimus, this one is of the Mind-killer cult. A powerful person, as a fighter and a speaker. What he cannot defeat with words, he will defeat with his chainsword.)

IV. Guard veteran. (A wizened warrior, with decades of experience. He would be a valuable leader to any men you take under your command.)

V. Astropath. (A blessed psyker who has communed with the Emperor Himself, she serves as communication, and in times of need a weapon of destruction.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 08:08:49 am »

IV seems like the sensible choice. Having Guardsmen around when you're dealing with Guardsmen is always good.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 09:11:16 am »

I or II sound best to me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:55 am »

IV seems like the sensible choice. Having Guardsmen around when you're dealing with Guardsmen is always good.
+1 to this.
Pages: [1] 2