Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 21 - Jilladilla Wins!  (Read 33188 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 21 - Sign Up - 6/8
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

Did a quick test with 7 players (no water nation) and the thrones I suggested them, seems fine, even if a "high" amount of thrones ended up underwater - seeing how brutal lvl 3 thrones are to take and getting 14 is hard, I don't worry to much about that. Most games end by concede anyway.

There are 3 caves, as far as I could tell (Argartha starting province  + 2 in the center).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 08:16:02 pm »

If you're still looking for players, I'm between games.

No idea what I'd play - if we're without a water nation, maybe I'll try the new one that came out last(?) patch.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:43 pm »

No water nations yet, so should be free. Bear in mind it is domkill and a bit fiddly.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 08:29:04 pm »

A true water nation would be a good balance to Agartha's amphibious capabilities, especially if we play with the Old Kingdom and its many seas. Theodoros is sort of an odd duck though, so definitely get comfortable with it before making it your pick.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 10:40:38 am »

I would always go for Ry'leh, but thats mostly flavor reasons. From what I hear EA Ry'leh is just kinda strange.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 10:49:03 am »

Also weak, although maybe they're a little better now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 21 - Sign Up - 7
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 12:06:24 pm »

Ever so slightly. Still pretty weak on land, and they can recruit mages and have them kinda have their paths boosted by performing a ritual with an aboleth, but holding the coastal land to recruit those mages is going to be tough. It's likely best to have an air pretender awake or dormant in order to get amulets of the fish for your aboleths at least, even then, well... Making them work felt like an exercise in pulling teeth with rusty pliers. But they are at least dangerous in the sea.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »

I'm taking a look at the proposed game settings, maybe some of them aren't my first choice, but they're all acceptable. I'm a little wary of easy research, but I guess it will be a fun experiment.

There is this one thing though:
As usual in BayGames, aggreements are binding, but like the lawyers we are, they are binding exactly as stated. No attacks means no attacks, but he can still disspell your globals unless you include that.)
Now, I haven't played in a Dominions game here for a while, so maybe the culture has changed, but the rule I know is "trade agreements are sacred, all other diplomacy is nonbinding" which is my preferred way of doing things. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 12:56:15 pm »

I did not catch that. Last game I ran, which was the first game I played on here start to finish it was that trade agreements binding, breaking your word was okay.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »

I've played probably four or so games here and it's been as Karlito says.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »

I was always under the impression that any "Contract-like" aggreement was binding, i.e. "You & Me, NAP, no intentional land wars, 2 turn warning periode to end it" is a sticky-deal you have to hold up, while "Oh, I'm totally on your side ; )" is fine - thats basically what I mean with that.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 04:11:19 pm »

I've played probably four or so games here and it's been as Karlito says.

Yeah, pretty much the same here.

I was always under the impression that any "Contract-like" aggreement was binding, i.e. "You & Me, NAP, no intentional land wars, 2 turn warning periode to end it" is a sticky-deal you have to hold up, while "Oh, I'm totally on your side ; )" is fine - thats basically what I mean with that.

Nah. For example, I could have betrayed you at any time in that last game without bothering to give prior notice. That game seemed very unusual in that everyone wanted NAPs with fixed deadlines, too, though, which I'd never experienced before (like my experience otherwise has been "NAP until sudden but inevitable betrayal.")
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 04:13:39 pm »

I know that there are Dominions communities that do that sort of thing, but I've never encountered it here.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:34 pm »

Huh, really? Most of the players in the other game were new, and I had come over from one other game on Desura, as well as reading some of the AARs on the Let's Play archive, which tends to follow how SA tends to do it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 05:26:11 pm »

Huh, so it is then. I adjusted the first post to only include trade agreements, but I had a good time last game, even if anyone could have betrayed me at anypoint. It's nice none did and I enjoy the honor culture we got going : P

All other settings are good? I'm totally fine if we go forward with 7 people, alternativly I can throw in a randrom nation for later joiners.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23