Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood in a water source  (Read 871 times)

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood in a water source
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:38 am »

Will blood in a water source attached to a well result in an infection of wounded dwarves?

If so, will pumps clean it?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood in a water source
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:30:43 am »

No.
A vampire fortress is generally created by getting a "source" vampire to bleed in the well, but it's apparently rather hard to get it done correctly, as the blood has to be directly on the tile the water is drawn from. No other blood infects, although I wouldn't be totally surprised of blood contaminated water would act somewhat like muddy water (i.e. not as good for cleaning as clean water). However, blood contamination would only be an issue if the blood is directly in the tile the water is drawn from, not further up the chain.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:39:12 am »

Pretty sure that pumps clean anything from water.

They even remove salt!
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:44 am »

ooh, I'll have to watch for this.  I was recently attacked by a werecreature who got in through a "root hole" early on.  He killed two dwarves before reverting to human form.  I was digging a pit shortly thereafter for breaching the magma and when they began putting water in it I noticed it was red and had some of his (the were-human) blood in the water.  It did clear up from red to blue on it's own and the blood reference disappeared (no water wheels or anything else) and don't believe anyone used it for a drinking source (2/7 level).
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 12:50:40 pm »

While vampirism does transit through a well of blood, the complicated, high mortality setups to give lycantrophy to milita suggests that werebeast blood is non-infectious.