Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 1  (Read 49418 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 0
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:37 pm »

(I think the artifact should be <to some extent> Solar powered, because why waste the one Power source we have a hell of a lot of?)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2016, 04:46:30 pm »

(I think the artifact should be <to some extent> Solar powered, because why waste the one Power source we have a hell of a lot of?)
(We are gonna create a reverse Dyson Sphere !)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »

((only counting votes of those who take part in helping create it))

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

((seeing as how clouds are generated by the sun/a water source, and the water returns through rivers to the ocean, it is quite fitting for it to be solar powered))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »

I add Exactly One 771 power to assist in the creation of the Solar Cycle Device.
(that work for you?)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

I add Exactly One 771 power to assist in the creation of the Solar Cycle Device.
(that work for you?)

((Bueno! I'm assuming if it costs each player less than that, you'll get some back))

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »

((Oh  sorry thought this was wild magic, I'm busy teaching the amazons))
No sig yet

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:36 pm »

After a heated debate, Saraab decides to allow the other divine entity to have their way, hoping it won't be too expensive:

Every 24 hours, a new cloud will be formed over the continental ocean, casting a veil of darkness over the land. These clouds will travels at a normal pace, spending about 8-12 hours over each region, depending on specific factors.

Every three months, a stronger cloud will emerge, one that will change the season of the region it travels over. The seasons are warm and wet, warm and dry, cold and dry, cold and wet, and occur in that order (suck it wet autumns of earth). This will deplete all the energy, and will have to spend the next 3 months being naturally recharged.

These patterns are set in stone, and unable to be changed without the power of at least 4 divine entities, with the following exceptions:
1. A divine entity is able to recharge the seasonal cloud with their own power, triggering a new seasonal cloud (cuz why not).
2. A divine entity is able to change the laws of a region to block certain seasonal effects for a small price (as long as it is high enough to not want to be tampered with). This allows them to be customized, such as always being warm, with wet and dry seasons, or always being cold and wet, because you hate your creations.
3. These clouds will rarely bring water, and will not effect the ecosystem beyond changing the seasons and bringing darkness. This allows deserts to still be deserts.
4. Adding a region to the clouds path for flat cost is possible. Adding a continent is also possible for a less linear cost is also possible.

((any changes?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2016, 07:05:57 pm »

"Oh, very nice! So much of an opportunity for chaos, once adjusted!"

Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento supplies 5001 Energy for the day-night-seasons thingy.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2016, 08:15:53 pm »

Era 0 Turn 6: Timeskip will occur soon

Innanis Dominus
Quote from: Dustan Hache
"It all seems so distant, but now I am curious. What exactly is the void? And how did it come to be inside of me?
Are there other worlds out there? Where did Sarrab come from?"

They would rest and listen curiously. He needed to understand the full extent of what had happened and why.
Arca walks to you, and create an impenetrable sphere.

Resoonman Exmel Rastara
Quote from: crazyabe
I Teleport in, grab the swine, and teleport to a diffrent part of the caves.
After having created the traps of the labyrinths, you sense the tragedy that befell on the Stone Swines. Though they initially survived, they ended up lacking food and died of starvation. They even resorted to cannibalism to survive.

You teleport in and transport the Stone Swines to a safer location of the caves.

Luxlin
Luxlin stands and goes to  check on her light beings.
Forceful placement Roll :
1: Crystal Forest
2: Vamp Forest
3: Nameless Region Surface
4: Allred Forest
5: Black Savannah
6: Somewhere Empty

(...)
[3] : Nameless Heat/Light beings forcefully placed in the Nameless Region Surface. Same will go for Voidflames.
+Nameless Heat/Light Beings and Voidflames placed in Nameless Region Surface

Survival Roll :
Light Beings: [4]
Voidflames: [2]
The light beings are fine, as they lived in a region spared by the earthquake.
The Voidflames weren't unscathed though, they wandered in a place which got then caught by the earthquake.
Voidflame Population -7

Proelior the Blade Infinity
Kahn

Quote from: Hawk132 and Bluexdog
Proelior: ... okay. Change courses from "Advanced Warfare" to "Introduction to the way of martial arts for the less gifted", also known as 'Hitting People 101'.
Kahn: Select the top students of War 101 and bless them with eternal beauty and a magic weapon
Teaching Roll: [6]>[1] [Teaching+1]
Proelior expertly analyzes the situation, and rightly deducts he must adapt his teaching to the Amazons. He scrapes the complicated and intricate lessons of strategy, logistic and resource management, to introduce 'Hitting People 101'.
It works with great success, under the guidance of Proelior the Amazons quickly learn how to lethally punch one another. To too great success actually, as half the students die during the end exam.

You wonder, maybe a battle to the death was a bad idea as a final test ?
+Amazon Population -5
+Martial Art Teaching +2 -Deadly-

Kahn selects the top students of the class, who are actually those who survived.
Kahn loses 72+25 Energy
and 72 Ether
She gifts them eternal beauty and creates fancy glowing weapons for them.
+5 Magic Weapons

Saraab the Clockwork Guardian
Drakieng the Elephant Lord
Resoonman Exmel Rastara
Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento

Quote from: Atian the Elephantman God and crazyabe
Drakieng: "Please brethren I need your help to create the seasons and night! For the good of our creations please assist me!"
Use any excess energy/ether to raise the sky higher [What]

Resoonman: I add Exactly One 771 power to assist in the creation of the Solar Cycle Device.

Veeki: "Oh, very nice! So much of an opportunity for chaos, once adjusted!"
Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento supplies 5001 Energy for the day-night-seasons thingy.
Quote from: Wozzy
Saraab: After a heated debate, Saraab decides to allow the other divine entity to have their way, hoping it won't be too expensive:

Every 24 hours, a new cloud will be formed over the continental ocean, casting a veil of darkness over the land. These clouds will travels at a normal pace, spending about 8-12 hours over each region, depending on specific factors.

Every three months, a stronger cloud will emerge, one that will change the season of the region it travels over. The seasons are warm and wet, warm and dry, cold and dry, cold and wet, and occur in that order (suck it wet autumns of earth). This will deplete all the energy, and will have to spend the next 3 months being naturally recharged.

These patterns are set in stone, and unable to be changed without the power of at least 4 divine entities, with the following exceptions:
1. A divine entity is able to recharge the seasonal cloud with their own power, triggering a new seasonal cloud (cuz why not).
2. A divine entity is able to change the laws of a region to block certain seasonal effects for a small price (as long as it is high enough to not want to be tampered with). This allows them to be customized, such as always being warm, with wet and dry seasons, or always being cold and wet, because you hate your creations.
3. These clouds will rarely bring water, and will not effect the ecosystem beyond changing the seasons and bringing darkness. This allows deserts to still be deserts.
4. Adding a region to the clouds path for flat cost is possible. Adding a continent is also possible for a less linear cost is also possible.

Four gods gathers to create what they would call the "Night/Day/Season Cycle".
Drakieng, the original motioner adds that "he wants to raise the Sky higher". The demand in itself is pretty confusing, then all gods retort that the Golden Sky can't be manipulated by any of them. Saddened, Drakieng sulks a bit.
Seeing nothing has been done, Saraab the most experienced one raises his voice and propose the Cycles System.

The other gods look completely awed and dazzled in face of so much informations and arguments, and Saraab even suspects they either didn't get a clue of what he said, or they were busy daydreaming. It feels like a normal business reunion.

Then when he is over, they all cheer and applaud, saying "Oh very nice !" "Great idea !" "I support this motion !".

Yep. A normal business reunion.

(...)
Resources Calculation :
Drakieng/Saraab: Unlimited Energy and Ether
Veeki/Resoonman: 5001 + 771 Energy
Cost Calculation :
Continental Size Cloud + Light to Energy Conversion + Weather Powers. [Class-Less Artifact]
Cost: 6000 / 300
Contributions:
Veeki: 5001 Energy
Resoonman: 771 Energy
Drakieng: 114 Energy + 3 Ether
Saraab: 114 Energy + 297 Ether
Artifact Creation Success Roll 1d4: [4]

Together the three gods give to Saraab their contribution which he uses to form an immense black cloud covering the Ocean. With the combined powers of the Gods, he manages to craft an even better Artifact than he had in mind. The excess energy absorbed by the Artifact manifested as a glowing white orb, illuminating the darkened lands with a faint white light.
It could be chosen to make this orb visible or not.
+World Artifact: Black Cloud = Day/Night/Season Cycle

The following gods recover Ether and have thus used their Emergency Ether reserve :
Resoonman: 50
Drakieng: 25
AlraOm: 50
Innanis: 50
Veeki: 50

PLAYER STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Landmarks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notable Phenomenons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Living Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2016, 08:22:40 pm »

Make a burial mound for the fallen amazons, then resurrect their souls to be my eternal companions
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:51 pm »

Make a burial mound for the fallen amazons, then resurrect their souls to be my eternal companions
[Instructions unclear. Souls are already part of you, so are already your eternal companions. But that's not the unclear point, what "form" should they assume if they are the physical kind of companion ?]

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »

They will be physical, they would take the form of animals or their humanoid form
No sig yet

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2016, 10:06:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34