Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43630 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #495 on: June 11, 2016, 05:36:11 am »

So, how goes the turn writeup so far? Kinda eager to see what happens this turn :D

Oh and finding out who else has possibly been mucking with my own continent so that I can put them onto the naughty list.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 11, 2016, 05:50:45 am »

So, how goes the turn writeup so far? Kinda eager to see what happens this turn :D

Oh and finding out who else has possibly been mucking with my own continent so that I can put them onto the naughty list.
Hm... now that you mention it. I may end up sending you a Lamia later. I should get around to sending a diplomat to the Eastern continent as well.
I wont do it now, as I prefer to do one time consuming action at a time (in this case, teaching how to mine).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:17 am »

Well how's it going to get there? I mean I'm pretty sure there's still a leviathan swimming around in the water.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2016, 07:39:11 am »

Well how's it going to get there? I mean I'm pretty sure there's still a leviathan swimming around in the water.
Simple, she'll fly them there.
Just like the last diplomat. But that's also why I consider it a time consuming action.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2016, 09:59:51 am »

Garix is fully back :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:52:26 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #500 on: May 15, 2017, 01:17:24 am »

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone would be interested in doing a remake of this game I did a year ago (almost exactly). The game will be pretty much exactly the same as the original, if there is interest. If anyone would like to play a game like this, say so below or post a character sheet. I've quoted in the OP for the OOC for the original.

Before the beginning of time the gods have worked ever so diligently to bring new and interesting worlds. Now as the creation of a new world draws near, many divine beings have drawn near. While your power is great and your will mighty, their numbers are many and their strength may be beneficial. Many a magical being, mage, and monstrosity would rally behind you if you appease their demands. As a god, it is for you to decide what makes it into this world and what does not. Chose your pieces wisely for there are those who may seek dominion over your domain.

In this game players will each play one god of many. Each turn players will receive an allowance of divine energy which will allow them to influence the world. In addition, each turn other entities will make you offers of allegiance and power in the developing world. You may chose to use some of your energy to fulfill their request (and receive a reward) or you may devote your energy to bringing your own vision into the material world.

Like most god games there isn't really a victory scenario. The game is about finding your own goals, creation, and doing what you'd do if you were a god. Now that doesn't mean you can't try to destroy other god's work, because you chose your own goals, you can act however you desire.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Each god will start with a single race of their own creation. You can choose to guide this race through the ages or let them flourish or falter on their own.
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)

Then there are the other powerful entities who will try to make their way into the physical world.

Spoiler: Other Major Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lesser Entities (click to show/hide)

All and all, this is a game about creating an interesting world. Several gods will play simultaneously and share one world. Each god's actions affecting the other god's. Some beings may be powerful enough to influence and enter the world without your consent, be wary and prepared to deal with those when need be.

Hey, I've been thinking about giving this game another go. So if any of you would like to play again, the interest check is quoted here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:20:53 am by Roboson »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 15, 2017, 01:28:21 am »

Spoiler: Kyazir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For a moment or two their I thought someone else had necro'd the thread. Anyway, still interested and still willing to play the same crazy nutter :P

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 15, 2017, 01:34:11 am »

Spoiler: Kyazir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For a moment or two their I thought someone else had necro'd the thread. Anyway, still interested and still willing to play the same crazy nutter :P

Nope, I'm the only one balmy enough to necro my threads  :P  I made a second thread for the new version as well. I just posted here to give you all a better shot at seeing it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2017, 01:39:27 am »

Do'h okay I see it now. Thanks for the heads up.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]