Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43702 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2016, 02:47:26 pm »

This just reminds me of the Neutronium Golem, and I hate everything about it.
Where you just solve problems in a fantasy world by applying science and refusing that fantasy can have them survive your cheap shot.
Googled that. Interesting fellow, a cosmic failsafe overall.
Quoting myself because why not.

I can't stop laughing reading the Neutronium Golem description. Haha, great stuff. So over the top.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2016, 02:47:49 pm »

Where you just solve problems in a fantasy world by applying science and refusing that fantasy can have them survive your cheap shot.
It has radiation damage, which cannot be resisted. So it's basically Falling Rocks (no saving throw).
It's basically just flexing your number game, and somehow it's supposed to be impressive.

The only way to really kill it, is to drop a Sphere of Annihilation on it. A stupidly broken item.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2016, 02:48:42 pm »

It has radiation damage, which cannot be resisted. So it's basically Falling Rocks (no saving throw).
It's basically just flexing your number game, and somehow it's supposed to be impressive.

The only way to really kill it, is to drop a Sphere of Annihilation on it. A stupidly broken item.
Yes, the neutronium golem is stupid. Like the rest of the stupid book it comes from, which is full of stupid things. I have no idea why you brought it up.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2016, 02:48:46 pm »

i wonder if it has ever been used in a real campaign.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2016, 02:54:44 pm »

Yes, the neutronium golem is stupid. Like the rest of the stupid book it comes from, which is full of stupid things. I have no idea why you brought it up.
I bring it up, as it's one of those "No, f*** YOU!" things. Where in response to something you don't like, you just pull out an instant kill.
Though at least in this scenario, it can be prevented.

At least smiting doesn't have you instantly kill all of them (because science, in a fantasy game).

Sure, Zelthen sent in an army all of a sudden, but at least he had to make that army.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2016, 02:56:48 pm »

I bring it up, as it's one of those "No, f*** YOU!" things. Where in response to something you don't like, you just pull out an instant kill.
Though at least in this scenario, it can be prevented.

At least smiting doesn't have you instantly kill all of them (because science, in a fantasy game).

Sure, Zelthen sent in an army all of a sudden, but at least he had to make that army.
So basically, you're complaining about something I myself have a problem with in this game. Teleportation and portals are too powerful. I was planning to make an artifact to block teleportation later on because it's just silly.

Also, stop complaining about using physics in a clever way. Or you know, the mountain crazyabe created would have just stayed floating in the air because this is a fantasy game and gravity is science.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:58:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2016, 02:58:17 pm »

In defense of Daemonic Spoon, i like his creative use of power,but i don' think 3 power points are gonna be enough.  Even a minor disaster costs at least five points.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2016, 02:59:37 pm »

In defense of Daemonic Spoon, i like his creative use of power,but i don' think 3 power points are gonna be enough.  Even a minor disaster costs at least five points.
Roboson earlier gave a pricecheck for forcibly teleporting 250 Grots as 5 IP. There are currently 152 Luminites in the Sunset Glades.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »

In this case *returns to eating popcorn*

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2016, 03:02:07 pm »

I assume they brought it up because it's a godlike being that leaves nothing up to chance for any mortal combatants. Much like Om.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2016, 03:04:04 pm »

Though, to be fair. Flying is also broken as hell. And unlike teleportation, it's completely free.

He increased the points to 4 in one of those edits.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

I lost it at :
...150 petatons of TNT...

Haha, my sides. I love overly big numbers exaggeration, it never ceases to make me smile.

edit: More seriously though, I can get behind all those over the top beings and numbers. I know of people who would be more than interested in a cosmic game with divine beings as mooks, and all the calculations that come out of it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:11:17 pm by Nakéen »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »

This may be cheap, but nothing prevents Om from doing this. I don't remember water being portal/teleport-proof.

Nakéen is correct. While it is less sportsmanlike than using armies or dropping mountains upon cities, it is in no way against the rules. I did however decide that an action like this could not be performed as a secret action ,*New Rule* as that would not allow for Ardent Debater to block or retaliate to this attack. As far as I'm concerned, this attack is perfectly legitimate. And like any other attack, it can be blocked, reacted to, or subverted by several different means.

Xenrift hears of Zelthen's Racism and planned attacks.
I think I might A' well shut this down right now.
I Create a small Island Directly above Zelthen's portal and form it into a "Small Island sized" mountan that will be thrust into the earth at that spot.

soon afterwards he hears of the "Desert Demon".
If I might ask, might I Relese it because *I* Know at least two races that could use a good Desert, one of which is my own.

As far as the dropping of the mountain, at no point was it stated IC that mountain drop was designed to stop luminites from entering the portal. The phrase "Shut this down right now" in no way communicates that it supposed to be a preemptive strike. So any assumption that it would do that, is just that, an assumption. If killing a third of the population, destroying a holy cite/major city, and all orchards and terrain for miles around isn't shutting something down, then I'm not sure what is. Furthermore, 10 IP was spent on this attack while 9 IP was spent on the escape from this attack (the portals). That means for a difference of 1 IP, crazyabe killed a few hundred luminites. That is an overwhelming success. However, in the case of the attack on the tortons, almost 30 points was invested in that attack between training the soldiers and equipping them with abuernite weapons and making the portal. And all of this occured over the course of multiple turns with multiple opportunities for subversion and sabotage. And yet, when its all said and done, only 200 tortons were killed and 100 captured. That is an overwhelming failure. So I am finding it hard to imagine the logic behind being miffed about the results of the luminite campaign (Unless you happen to be Ardent Debater, who really invested a lot of time and effort for not a whole lot.)

Let me put this mathematically:

10 - 9 = 250+ dead. Which would have been even more if Slaeve hadn't chosen to attend to them first.

30(ish) - 0 = 200 dead and 100 captured.

Plus this means that the well trained, well equipped, and highly disciplined fanatacially religious army didn't manage to slay as many tortons as they had luminite soldiers. Not every soldier killed a torton. I considered that when a highly efficient invading force with fanatical doctrine appeared unannounced next to an untrained and unprepared civilian encampment with no defenses, or training, and didn't even slay one civilian per person to be very very generous. Silly me.

Sorry if that seems a little harsh, but I'm just wholly flabbergasted at this whole thing.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2016, 03:11:23 pm »

Xenrift hears of Zelthen's Racism and planned attacks.
I think I might A' well shut this down right now.
I Create a small Island Directly above Zelthen's portal and form it into a "Small Island sized" mountan that will be thrust into the earth at that spot.

soon afterwards he hears of the "Desert Demon".
If I might ask, might I Relese it because *I* Know at least two races that could use a good Desert, one of which is my own.

As far as the dropping of the mountain, at no point was it stated IC that mountain drop was designed to stop luminites from entering the portal. The phrase "Shut this down right now" in no way communicates that it supposed to be a preemptive strike. So any assumption that it would do that, is just that, an assumption. If killing a third of the population, destroying a holy cite/major city, and all orchards and terrain for miles around isn't shutting something down, then I'm not sure what is. Furthermore, 10 IP was spent on this attack while 9 IP was spent on the escape from this attack (the portals). That means for a difference of 1 IP, crazyabe killed a few hundred luminites. That is an overwhelming success. However, in the case of the attack on the tortons, almost 30 points was invested in that attack between training the soldiers and equipping them with abuernite weapons and making the portal. And all of this occured over the course of multiple turns with multiple opportunities for subversion and sabotage. And yet, when its all said and done, only 200 tortons were killed and 100 captured. That is an overwhelming failure. So I am finding it hard to imagine the logic behind being miffed about the results of the luminite campaign (Unless you happen to be Ardent Debater, who really invested a lot of time and effort for not a whole lot.)

Let me put this mathematically:

10 - 9 = 250+ dead. Which would have been even more if Slaeve hadn't chosen to attend to them first.

30(ish) - 0 = 200 dead and 100 captured.

Plus this means that the well trained, well equipped, and highly disciplined fanatacially religious army didn't manage to slay as many tortons as they had luminite soldiers. Not every soldier killed a torton. I considered that when a highly efficient invading force with fanatical doctrine appeared unannounced next to an untrained and unprepared civilian encampment with no defenses, or training, and didn't even slay one civilian per person to be very very generous. Silly me.

Sorry if that seems a little harsh, but I'm just wholly flabbergasted at this whole thing.
Zelthen spent on training and the portal 19 points, not 30. 13 against the tortons considering 6 were spent against two other fronts
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:12:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »

10 for the trees, 5 for tactics, 5 for combat/strategy, 9 for the portal. 10+5+5+9=29.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34