Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43786 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:12 am »

Okay, I'm confused. The entire point of xenraft's action was to drop a mountain on the portal to prevent the luminaries from using it. That's why I didn't feel the need to do anything myself. The mountain did nothing to the portal. Why?

In addition, he specified the mountain should be the size of a small region. It should have crushed way more than just sanctum. Also luminites attack was around a sixth the size of my own camp but were easily able to defeat me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:44:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:44 am »

Well it takes time for gravity to work :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2016, 01:34:43 am »

Okay, I'm confused. The entire point of xenraft's action was to drop a mountain on the portal to prevent the luminaries from using it. That's why I didn't feel the need to do anything myself. The mountain did nothing to the portal. Why?
Because the portals are a quick way of transport. This makes the army get there before the portal was blocked.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2016, 01:36:59 am »

Because the portals are a quick way of transport. This makes the army get there before the portal was blocked.
Well it takes time for gravity to work :P
It takes a lot of time for several hundred people to march through a portal.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:18 am »

Depends on the size of the portal and how fast the users can move.

As for the small amount of luminites defeating your tortons, they had both weapons and better training going up against unarmed and untrained people. They had a serious advantage there.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:46 am »

In the same vein, creating an island isn't instantaneous. I believe by the time he created it, the Luminites already went through the portal.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2016, 01:43:25 am »

In the same vein, creating an island isn't instantaneous. I believe by the time he created it, the Luminites already went through the portal.
Your argument is silly. Why should creating a portal that leads to three different places be so much faster to make?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2016, 01:47:11 am »

Less to create.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2016, 01:52:39 am »

Less to create.
Portal allow you to ignore distance and obstacles. Why should they be simpler, easier and faster to create than a massive chunk land?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2016, 01:55:51 am »

Because you aren't creating as much mass from nothing. Furthermore, from a gameplay perspective it'd be a dick move just for someone's actions to just be "nope'd" due to someone else's actions. Like dropping a mountain down on your only settlement.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2016, 01:57:23 am »

Because you aren't creating as much mass from nothing. Furthermore, from a gameplay perspective it'd be a dick move just for someone's actions to just be "nope'd" due to someone else's actions. Like dropping a mountain down on your only settlement.
And being able to instantaneously attack other people through a portal isn't a dick move

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2016, 02:00:27 am »

Your argument is silly. Why should creating a portal that leads to three different places be so much faster to make?
The Portal was said to be one tenth of Sanctum's size.
The Island was stated as a small region.

Assuming the Island and the Portal were of the same material and were created at the same speed, even if the Island was the same size as Sanctum, which I highly doubt, it would have taken 10 more time for the Island to be created.

Assuming that in the best case for Xenraft, he started creating an Island at the same time as the Portal, Luminites would have at least had 9 minutes to go in the Portal.

And that is assuming it takes 1 minute for a portal. If it took 10 minute, then Luminites would have had a hour and a half.

All the above assumptions are highly inaccurate, and are purposefully chosen to show that even in the best improbable case, it would be impossible to stop the Luminites with an island instantaneously.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2016, 02:04:44 am »

The island doesn't need to take longer time than creating the portal, because it's a reaction, not an action.
The reaction will occur after the action.
It just needs to take more time than it takes for the Luminites to enter the portal.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2016, 02:08:47 am »

The Portal was said to be one tenth of Sanctum's size.
The Island was stated as a small region.

Assuming the Island and the Portal were of the same material and were created at the same speed, even if the Island was the same size as Sanctum, which I highly doubt, it would have taken 10 more time for the Island to be created.

Assuming that in the best case for Xenraft, he started creating an Island at the same time as the Portal, Luminites would have at least had 9 minutes to go in the Portal.

And that is assuming it takes 1 minute for a portal. If it took 10 minute, then Luminites would have had a hour and a half.

All the above assumptions are highly inaccurate, and are purposefully chosen to show that even in the best improbable case, it would be impossible to stop the Luminites with an island instantaneously.
This isn't only about size and material Nakeen, it also about the power the portal has. Should making a single mundane tree be slower than making a wooden artifact that is smaller than the tree?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:22:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2016, 02:21:47 am »

MADNESS WILL SOON BE UPON YOU ELDRITCH POWERS GAZE UPON YOUR WORLD STOP THEM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
Well that's disappointing. It wasn't a request, just a warning of yet another danger.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:46:51 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34