Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43703 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2016, 01:04:45 pm »

I swear I didn't create the spider-imps... directly ;). I am a bit surprised they have access to true name magic though. I thought that i taught the Alarri magic after Pherse did his job, not before.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »

Speaking of which, considering you were the one that brought them into the world iirc, you really should give them a sanctuary.
Aaaah, I'm not that kind of nice God ! (except if it concerns my original people, maybe)

I did consider it, but I have my reasons not too. I am not their patron god after all, and if they can't survive, they will have to either leave to other lands or die out.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2016, 01:06:02 pm »

If they can survive a few more turns i have a bit of a renewal in mind for them.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2016, 01:08:06 pm »

Quote from: From the IC description
Tasatha (Humans, resistant to magic, but cannot cast spells)
Astathes (Mortal, knows fireball, shard of ice, or jolt.)
I have some questions.

-How does the Magic Resistance of the Tasatha works ? Is it some kind of magic disruption field, that nullify or weaken spells "hitting" the Tasatha ?

-Are the Astathes abilities considered magic ?
In my mind, I intended it to be a natural ability that wasn't a spell. The fire ones could immolate and throw some fireballs, the ice ones could cover themselves in ice and cool/freeze with a touch, and the thunder ones could make electricity runs throughout their bodies, or emits jolt of it.
If that is not what you had in mind, no problem, I will deal with it.

Thr exact manner of magic resistance is up to their God. I gigured it was something like that, an aura around them that weakens magic around them.

As for the Astathes, it is a natural ability and can function as you described, but for all intents and purposes it is magic. So while it's not a spell, it's a magical ability.

I swear I didn't create the spider-imps... directly ;). I am a bit surprised they have access to true name magic though. I thought that i taught the Alarri magic after Pherse did his job, not before.

It happened on the same turn, so I thought "Why not" and went ahead and gave it to them since you had no idea what would happen to those little guys.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:49 pm »

Thr exact manner of magic resistance is up to their God. I gigured it was something like that, an aura around them that weakens magic around them.

As for the Astathes, it is a natural ability and can function as you described, but for all intents and purposes it is magic. So while it's not a spell, it's a magical ability.
I see, thanks !

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »

Well, downing coke. So might as well get writing the race, so I wont have to do it later.
Spoiler: Valkyrie (click to show/hide)
Actually, maybe they are innately magical. Better wait for 30 points then.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:47:48 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

I would help pay for their cost if it wasn't OOC to my god :/

edit: Actually there may be a way. You did give me 3IP for the region, so I can help Slæve on account of debt !

edit2:
-big snip-
I can't believe I read through it all x)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:01:08 pm by Nakéen »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2016, 02:02:51 pm »

In regards to the Tasatha's magical resistance, I'd say it weakens any spells cast at or near them rather than being a blanket magic suppression. They can use magical items and artefacts as well as any other however.

EDIT: And a proper cost check. How much does a proper, yet mundane ecosystem cost created as a whole?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

edit: Actually there may be a way. You did give me 3IP for the region, so I can help Slæve on account of debt !

edit2:
-big snip-

Maybe the Giant Wall of Text will be enough to awe The Inax into Joining Zelthen's Crusade,  :P

Demonic Spoon, was The Shining One's Rant to The Inax enough to answer Om's Theological Question?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2016, 02:08:46 pm »

sure

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:44 pm »

edit2:
-big snip-
She'll be fine, and she did say she didn't want to be paid.
She wants to help to help, not to be rewarded.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »

In regards to the Tasatha's magical resistance, I'd say it weakens any spells cast at or near them rather than being a blanket magic suppression. They can use magical items and artefacts as well as any other however.

EDIT: And a proper cost check. How much does a proper, yet mundane ecosystem cost created as a whole?

The game isn't set up in such a way that you could realistically do it like that. Unfortunately you'd have to do it bit by bit.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2016, 02:16:11 pm »

"Ah, how wonderful. A world brimming with strife and conflict. A mere pittance at this stage but that's something we can fix. However, I presume that there is little land left for any new intelligent mortals. In that particular line of thought, I would suggest creating more in order to ensure that plenty more life can be sustained on this world."
"There is still plenty of space available. Such as in the North or the Eastern Jungles. If you want your own area, you are free to create it with your own power."

"To the Inax, I offer you a caring home

Use 3 points to teleport the Luminites in the western region to the bottom of the ocean
Om physically enters the world.
Using no power, Om shows the Tortons how to create compelling rhythms by drumming their shells
Once again using no power, instruct the Tortons to build a joined town with the Lamias
Om brings the Inax into the world at the joint Torton-Lamia camp for 4 Points
Om teaches his followers tactics for 5 points
Om will protect the Tortons against any attacks and free any imprisoned Tortons.

This rings of ninja editing to me.
So I'm pointing it out so it wont be overlooked.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2016, 02:16:30 pm »

"Ah, how wonderful. A world brimming with strife and conflict. A mere pittance at this stage but that's something we can fix. However, I presume that there is little land left for any new intelligent mortals. In that particular line of thought, I would suggest creating more in order to ensure that plenty more life can be sustained on this world."
"There is still plenty of space available. Such as in the North or the Eastern Jungles. If you want your own area, you are free to create it with your own power."

"To the Inax, I offer you a caring home

Use 3 points to teleport the Luminites in the western region to the bottom of the ocean
Om physically enters the world.
Using no power, Om shows the Tortons how to create compelling rhythms by drumming their shells
Once again using no power, instruct the Tortons to build a joined town with the Lamias
Om brings the Inax into the world at the joint Torton-Lamia camp for 4 Points
Om teaches his followers tactics for 5 points
Om will protect the Tortons against any attacks and free any imprisoned Tortons.

This rings of ninja editing to me.
So I'm pointing it out so it wont be overlooked.
Go ahead. I always tend to edit my first post. Then when I'm sure I've finalized my plan repost it. And the reason for the drastic changes is I got a message from the gm that changed my plans.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:19:00 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2016, 02:18:38 pm »

The game isn't set up in such a way that you could realistically do it like that. Unfortunately you'd have to do it bit by bit.
That, unfortunately, means that every individual bit has to be made individually, and that means you have to keep track of it, which means more book-keeping that you have to do which is something I want to avoid.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34