Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43704 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »

And here I am, waiting for my powers to recharge before finally turning the land into an elemental spaghettis.

Eager to see what will happen next.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:18 am »

As I understand it, orange slimes are an sedentary ambush predator, burrowing out a trap and then waiting inside it right? If so, this spell should be good for countering them? I'd appreciate if you told me if the range needed to be larger or something.

$$$Prichecheck$$$
Detect Orange Slime Spell:
This simple spell allows the caster to detect the presence of a orange slime within ten meters. It lasts until the next dawn when cast (or a full day if that's be simpler), and is relatively easy to cast. However, casting requires a ritual that can range in length anywhere from five minutes to a full hour depending on the skill of the caster.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:44:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:58 am »

As I understand it, orange slimes are an sedentary ambush predator, burrowing out a trap and then waiting inside it right? If so, this spell should be good for countering them? I'd appreciate if you told me if the range needed to be larger or something.

$$$Prichecheck$$$
This simple spell allows the caster to detect the presence of a orange slime within ten meters. It lasts until the next dawn when cast (or a full day if that's be simpler), and is relatively easy to cast. However, casting requires a ritual that can range in length anywhere from 5 minutes to a full hour depending on the skill of the caster.

Yes that is their tactic. That spell would be sufficient in range to detect them and avoid them for the most part. Their burrows can be upwards of five feet across (with only a few small holes for it to enter and exit from.) so that range should be able to detect them with plenty of warning.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2016, 03:44:07 am »

$$$Prichecheck$$$
This simple spell allows the caster to detect the presence of a orange slime within ten meters. It lasts until the next dawn when cast (or a full day if that's be simpler), and is relatively easy to cast. However, casting requires a ritual that can range in length anywhere from 5 minutes to a full hour depending on the skill of the caster.

Yes that is their tactic. That spell would be sufficient in range to detect them and avoid them for the most part. Their burrows can be upwards of five feet across (with only a few small holes for it to enter and exit from.) so that range should be able to detect them with plenty of warning.
Great. And the cost to teach the spell to my Tortons?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:58 am »

By the way Roboson, I assume anything related to the chaotic land and the Asthates is then retconned ?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:03 am »

@ Demonic spoon: oh right, duh. That's the point of a price check isn't it. Silly me. It would cost 5.

@ Nakéen: Yeah sorry, you spent your points on Titan tribute and I was just a little lost in all the action changes that went on last turn.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2016, 09:01:46 am »

Oh, and why does the updates still say the Lamia are Symbiotic and Occasionally Deformed?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:27 am »

@ Demonic spoon: oh right, duh. That's the point of a price check isn't it. Silly me. It would cost 5.
But more expensive than I was expecting what with that it only works on one type of creature, only detects it and has a small range. With the long duration and easy spellcasting I would have expected a price of 3-4 points.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2016, 10:09:00 am »

But more expensive than I was expecting what with that it only works on one type of creature, only detects it and has a small range. With the long duration and easy spellcasting I would have expected a price of 3-4 points.

A haggler I see. Ok. I could give you four. Three if the spellcasting ritual always took an hour.

Oh, and why does the updates still say the Lamia are Symbiotic and Occasionally Deformed?

Because I forgot to change it before I copied it over. Ill go change that now.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2016, 11:55:50 am »

@ Nakéen: Yeah sorry, you spent your points on Titan tribute and I was just a little lost in all the action changes that went on last turn.
No worry, on my part I also forgot to make the usual recap of my actions.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2016, 02:30:28 pm »

By the way.

Shouldn't the Leviathan have attacked the underwater crabpeople by now?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2016, 03:04:44 pm »

By the way.

Shouldn't the Leviathan have attacked the underwater crabpeople by now?

Its too shallow. They live near the coast surrounded by miles and miles of 10ft deep water.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2016, 03:09:55 pm »

Spoiler: Kyazir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:13:13 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2016, 03:50:00 pm »

Well, seems that's another for the waitlist.
Which reminds me.

So there's 7 gods here, I entered from waitlist after one left. And there's still plenty others in the queue.
I'm unsure if you stick to this because you're trying to keep it simple. Or because you've yet to have any significant reason to change it.

Basically, I'm asking if you could allow some more gods (one or two should feel somewhat natural).
And if there's anything we should do IC to allow more gods to enter.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »

The real issue is the writing load. I try to write fairly nice sized entry for each god (varying on the god's actions that turn) plus a paragraph or two about the events of the world and another little bit about requests. The more gods means more writing for me and slower updates for you. One, maybe two more may not make a huge difference and could be worth it particularly if they diversify the pantheon.

Short answer: I could add one or two more, but it could slow down updates a little.

What do you all think? Would the game benefit from having a slightly larger pantheon or no?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34