Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Blood Arts (TISG)  (Read 10813 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Arts (TISG)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2016, 06:28:44 pm »

+1 STR. STR is much more important than HP in Fire Emblem—unless you're a mage—so we might as well start with it.

+1. Speed is the god stat in FE and STR leads to SPD.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »

+1 STR. STR is much more important than HP in Fire Emblem—unless you're a mage—so we might as well start with it.
This game is about blood magic (well, technically blood "arts", but I assume that that's just another way of saying "magic"), which means that we'll probably end up as a mage.
This is a pretty serious assumption. "Art" is pretty generic, and I doubt Solymr would let us start as a physical character if magic was our whole future, anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 01:40:26 am »

This game is about blood magic (well, technically blood "arts", but I assume that that's just another way of saying "magic"), which means that we'll probably end up as a mage.
This is a pretty serious assumption. "Art" is pretty generic, and I doubt Solymr would let us start as a physical character if magic was our whole future, anyway.
We could be a Gish or an Artificer or something.

How do we know that we're using the FE system?

In FE, does STR determine magical power as well?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 01:42:40 am »

Even if I'm wrong, there's not much harm that could come from delaying our stat increase. There's very little risk and a potentially great (or at least decent) reward.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 01:43:00 am »

In a a game I believe but in most no.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 10:37:05 am »

Even if I'm wrong, there's not much harm that could come from delaying our stat increase. There's very little risk and a potentially great (or at least decent) reward.
We should have 40+ skill points by the end of the game. +1 damage could save our lives, and we'll probably want to pick up +5 STR and +10 STR eventually, anyway, assuming we continue to use any physical attacks at all. Also, your "great reward" would probably be the ability to take +1 MAG right away, which we would be able to do the next time we levelled up.

I don't know what a Gish is, so it's either A) in a weird blindspot for me, or B) obscure enough that it's probably not happening—and my inability to find it via a quick Google search suggests the latter. And while we could be an artificer, I'm still not sure why the stuff we do is going to be magical. Unless I missed it, nothing relating to the book or machine has even implied magic.

Well, we're pretty clearly using a weaponless version of the FE system for combat. Levelling is based wholly on the FE system, too, right down to the set of percentage-based growths.

No, that's MAG.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2016, 10:42:17 am »

+1. Speed is the god stat in FE and STR leads to SPD.
+1

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2016, 10:51:31 am »

Spd is always good.

Lets start there. Mages and brigands require it. Now. Hide the body!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2016, 10:56:54 am »

Spd is always good.

Lets start there. Mages and brigands require it. Now. Hide the body!
We can't get SPD until we get +1 STR, +5 STR, +1 SKL, and +5 SKL.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2016, 11:06:51 am »

Note on the skills, each skill point you put into let's say STR increases it by 1, until you reach +5 and you can put points into SKL. It's not "get +1 STR and with the next point get +5".

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 11:14:27 am »

Note on the skills, each skill point you put into let's say STR increases it by 1, until you reach +5 and you can put points into SKL. It's not "get +1 STR and with the next point get +5".
Oh, that makes more sense.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2016, 11:26:40 am »

We should have 40+ skill points by the end of the game. +1 damage could save our lives, and we'll probably want to pick up +5 STR and +10 STR eventually, anyway, assuming we continue to use any physical attacks at all. Also, your "great reward" would probably be the ability to take +1 MAG right away, which we would be able to do the next time we levelled up.

I don't know what a Gish is, so it's either A) in a weird blindspot for me, or B) obscure enough that it's probably not happening—and my inability to find it via a quick Google search suggests the latter. And while we could be an artificer, I'm still not sure why the stuff we do is going to be magical. Unless I missed it, nothing relating to the book or machine has even implied magic.

Well, we're pretty clearly using a weaponless version of the FE system for combat. Levelling is based wholly on the FE system, too, right down to the set of percentage-based growths.

No, that's MAG.
A Gish is a hybrid magic-user/warrior. They tend to use magic to augment their melee prowess.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2016, 12:59:30 pm »

Skill point goes to +1 STR.

You drag the body inside the cave and, using the knowledge from the book, drain blood from it. The book describes ancient myths where blood is drawn as the source of life and energy, specially human blood, and rituals to purify that energy from blood to obtain blood. From that blood anything can be built, from walls to-

You sure he went that way?

Yeah, there's a cave here, maybe he went inside.

Seems like the rest of the band followed the unlucky kid from before. They outnumber you, but you have something they don't: the ability to build from blood. Use that to survive and obtain their blood too.

Turn 1
Spoiler: Important info (click to show/hide)

Building:
Now that you have blood you can start building structures to defend yourself. You start with a wall and a ballista, use them to kill the bandits before they kill you.
To build, move to a spot adjacent to where you want to build. You can only build once per turn. You can also repair adjacent buildings using blood if they're damaged.
You will unlock more buildings, improvements, better repairs and other skills later.

Remember, buildings can't dodge.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2016, 01:01:49 pm »

Can ballistae shoot through walls?

If they can, ballista on F10. We can build a wall on F9 next turn.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2016, 01:02:51 pm »

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6