Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars - The Decados Strike Back (Turn 15)  (Read 6425 times)

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
EOTFS: Emperor Wars - The Decados Strike Back (Turn 15)
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »

Welcome to Emperor of the Fading Suns!

Quote from: Wikipedia
Emperor of the Fading Suns is a science fiction "grand-scale" space strategy computer game made by Holistic Design in 1996. This game was based on Holistic's in-house role playing game Fading Suns. The game had a wide array of units and a complex back-story but was rushed to market and released with numerous severe flaws and several features underdeveloped. In patched form, it survives as a popular abandonware title with numerous unofficial, fan-made mods.

A game set in the Dark Ages of futuristic humanity let loose into the stars beset by ravenous monsters, threatened by techno-barbarians and held together by the thin threads of a dying Empire further strained by the machinations of the corrupt League, oppressive Holy Church and the schemes of the players as the Great Noble Houses. All of this takes place in a galaxy where the very stars themselves slowly fade away.

EOTFS is best played with the addition of one of the dedicated mods that transform the fantastic yet fatally bugged vanilla into a universe worthy of galactic war, unspeakable horrors and vicious betrayal.

The mod we have chosen is the Emperor Wars Mod which in turn is built off of the Reality Mod, aimed at giving the setting a proper fluffing up with new units, a re-designed and populated map as well as a huge variety of other changes.

Five Great Noble Houses

Who among these worthy lords will become the Emperor of the Fading Suns?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:28:42 pm by Vertab Nukks »

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Parliament: Imperial Free Trade Act
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:03:41 pm »

IMPERIAL PARLIAMENT

Proposed Legislation: Imperial Free Trade Act

Most Noble Royal Cousins, we stand to propose the Imperial Free Trade Act. Over the centuries with the intermarriages between our
Houses, all of us have gained estates throughout the Empire on various worlds. While the size of those estates vary, all of them
produce goods that cannot reach a market or our home worlds without some type of agreement to transport them that does not pose
a threat to our noble cousins that control ownership those worlds. In the name of free trade, I propose an act that allows all houses
be granted the right to travel throughout the empire safely within the domain of another noble house, and such transport through
regions will limit the commercial vessels to a maximum of 2 freighters/landers or 1 Bulk Hauler/Muster Lander.  This way we may all
carry out our house's affairs without misunderstanding of our intentions.

Duke Alexius Hawkwood

(Please vote Yay or Nay by replying to this post)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:27:02 pm by Vertab Nukks »

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Parliament: Imperial Free Trade Act
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 01:28:12 pm »

Most Noble Royal Cousins, we stand to propose the Imperial Free Trade Act. Over the centuries with the intermarriages between our
Houses, all of us have gained estates throughout the Empire on various worlds. While the size of those estates vary, all of them
produce goods that cannot reach a market or our home worlds without some type of agreement to transport them that does not pose
a threat to our noble cousins that control ownership those worlds. In the name of free trade, I propose an act that allows all houses
be granted the right to travel throughout the empire safely within the domain of another noble house, and such transport through
regions will limit the commercial vessels to a maximum of 2 freighters/landers or 1 Bulk Hauler/Muster Lander.  This way we may all

Duke Alexius Hawkwood

House Hawkwood Votes Yay!!!

Letsparty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 3rd Game - The Emperor Wars Begin
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:44 pm »

IMPERIAL PARLIAMENT

Duke Alexius Hawkwood

I see that the Hawkwoods are up to their old tricks.
Dear Alexius you are well aware that we have not yet come to the agreement on the number of votes needed to pass an act yet you push your agenda regardless.
I VOTE NAY
until the previous matter is resolved

Duke Kvasina Decados

bewbies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Parliament: Imperial Free Trade Act
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 08:57:00 pm »

Duke Alexius Hawkwood

The magnificent Bewbies of Hazat vote yay

renzward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:14 am »

I, Duke Hakim of House al-Malik, vote yea. Further, I propose simple majority for all decisions, otherwise this body will be a waste of all of our valuable time, and nothing will ever come of this chamber.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:12:06 am by renzward »

Letsparty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 07:48:02 am »

And here we go again see what you have done Alexius

Our Late Emperor gave power not only us 5 but to the League and Church too.
Even thou these two have Refused our invitations to be a part of this parliament.
If we wish for this body to have any legitimacy with those two factions its needed votes to pass any act by necessity must be 4.

To put it bluntly 3 is less then half of 7 , 4 is more then half of 7.

I Vote for
4 Votes to be needed to pass any act

Duke Kvasina Decados

renzward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:41:30 am »

Votes not cast due to absenteeism, rather than cast as "present" or in abstention, do not traditionally count against the total to calculate the majority.  If the esteemed Leaguemeister, and most holy Patriarch wish to give their silence weight, they should actually send representatives to these proceedings.

Letsparty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 12:27:44 pm »

Votes not cast due to absenteeism, rather than cast as "present" or in abstention, do not traditionally count against the total to calculate the majority.  If the esteemed Leaguemeister, and most holy Patriarch wish to give their silence weight, they should actually send representatives to these proceedings.

Why that is a most persuasive argument, I await to see its effectiveness on the Howling mobs of unwashed peasants and serfs that will come for your House after the bishops have riled them up and used this as an excuse and your coffers are empty due to the league expressing its displeasure, It will be most amusing to watch your defense against the Church or League fleets.

Rest assured House Decados will undertake the arduous task of stewardship over your former planets, it will be difficult to rebuild but we are a hardy lot, we shall prevail.

Duke Kvasina Decados

renzward

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »

Despite your attempts alienate every bearer of scepters in the Known Worlds, we of House al-Malik welcome the opinion of house Decados. Let it be said that the discourse here does at least set some precedent for the legal rigor required of any decision to be made.

Framer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »

I hereby Vote for
4 Votes to be needed to pass any act.

Althought I sense great quality of reason of having a minimum of 3 votes, I simply can not have sufficient Faith that the frail human mind can not be susceptible to cowardly acts such as Bribery. That I concur with House Decaods, I, Duke Edwin Li-Halan must confess that I do. Should we gather our collective empathy, there would only be fair to have a minimum vote of 4. In such a way, we can accomplish many great things together, and stop those foul enough to attempt cowardly manipulation.

May you all have trust in my decision for this vote

Duke Edwin Li-Halan

Framer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 04:41:55 pm »

Regardless of what Voting Quantity we set, I hereby would like to VOTE YAY on the Imperial Free Trade Act

Duke Edwin Li-Halan

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »

House Hawkwood is willing to accept a 4 vote minimum to pass any legislation, thefore we will support this measure suggested by the Decados.

We shall now turn it over the to the Imperial Secretary to tally the votes on the Imperial Free Trade Act.

Duke Alexius Hawkwood

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Parliament: Imperial Free Trade Act Passed
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 04:46:40 pm »

IMPERIAL PARLIAMENT

Five Great Noble Houses

House Li Halan Vote Yay
The Hazat Vote Yay
House Decados Vote Nay
House Hawkwood Vote Yay
House al-Malik Vote Yay

Imperial Law: Imperial Free Trade Act

All houses shall be granted the right to travel throughout the empire safely within the domain of another noble house, and such transport through regions will limit the commercial vessels to a maximum of 2 freighters/landers or 1 Bulk Hauler/Muster Lander. 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:43:12 am by Vertab Nukks »

Letsparty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 04:04:51 pm »

House Decados wishes to make and announcement and to bring two new proposals in front of this august body

House Decados as the noble house most exposed to the VAU has taken it upon itself to eliminate one of the potential points of conflict at our embassies on VRIL-YA.
House Decados has taken steps to limit the potential conflict arising from the rare resources stocked at the league agora on VRIL-YA and has placed a logistic blockade on it, Rest assured that shipments necessary for constructions at your embassies will not be impeded.

I also wish to bring two proposals to this assembly:

One.
The Laws and acts passed by this body will be regarded in effect the year following their passage.

Two.
Resources collected by the league and stockpiled on Leagueheim shall henceforth be reserved for the sole usage of imperial ministries namely: the imperial fleet, the imperial eye, stigmata garrison.
These resources shall be left on the planets surface for construction of ministry troops on the planet exclusively.
This act shall also serve as a grant for all listed ministries to construct forts,factories,spaceports,laboratories
To facilitate stated unit production

Duke Kvasina Decados
Pages: [1] 2 3