Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stressed out scholars  (Read 2476 times)

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stressed out scholars
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:47 am »

Oh, now what?! As she's making that green glass pot, two fire imps crawl out of the magma shop and start harassing her. She gives them a couple whacks and the injured parts explode into gore. This should be enough to send her over the edge of sanity...

But no! She didn't feel anything after seeing the imp die. And she's satisfied upon improving fighting and striking.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 12:20:10 am »

Now she is haggard, depressed, thirsty, and in a strange mood (possessed). This can't bode well...

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 12:32:57 am »

She survived her strange mood and immediately got a drink from the well.

Her artifact: Ngalák Onrel, "The Abysses of Exiting", a green glass window

The fortress's most valuable artifact (122,400 bucks), twice as much as "Clawstalks the Contained Charms", a steel battleaxe. It is encrusted with cushion marble cabochons, studded with silver and encircled with bands of sheep wool and gold. This object menaces with spikes of green glass, brown zircon, and marble. On the item is an image of dwarves in gold. The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates to the foundation of Tapereddagger by the Confining Inky Razors of The Plank of Valleys in 77.

It gave her some satisfaction to produce this window; she's down to 272,000 stress... units. What's the community's convention for units of stress?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:34:41 am by PopTart »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 01:13:57 am »

Urists. Everything is urists.

Just think of how stressed you'd be if there were 272,000 daggers stuck in your head.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 01:37:22 am »

Lorbam threw a tantrum and started some fist fights. There were several witnesses, including the mayor. But it seemed to get some anger out of her system, she felt regretful, and no one was hurt, so no charges were filed. Prosecuting her would not be in her interest, and no one else would benefit. The important thing is to move on, take baby steps, see what's on the horizon. I've got her auto-repeating glass corkscrews and drinking sunshine. Gets her through the day.

I placed the artifact window she created in her bedroom. What a nice surprise that'll be!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:39:02 am by PopTart »

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

What's a magma shop?

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 09:58:09 pm »

What's a magma shop?

Surely you're familiar with the bug where trade caravans bring cloth bags of magma to your fort? Now you know where they get it.

Alternatively it could be shorthand for a magma-powered workshop.
Akur Akir Akam!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 02:21:02 am »

What's a magma shop?
I'd expect it to be a shorthand for magma (work)shop, i.e. the magma powered versions of kiln, glass furnace, smelter, and forge.

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 01:23:50 pm »

Ah yes silly me, and I am indeed familiar with merchants selling magma. Its a "hot" commodity... eh eh?

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 01:02:38 pm »

Anyway, fools, everyone's stress has been slowly and steadily dropping since I've exterminated all keas, thus removing all vengeance at existing conflicts. So there.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »

HA HA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY  F*** YOU IM EATING YOUR SHOE
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]