Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64

Author Topic: Accel World: Rebel Impulse [OOC]  (Read 39673 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Accel World: Rebel Impulse [OOC]
« Reply #480 on: May 14, 2016, 07:38:19 pm »

I'll give him an exception since this argument was after he'd already made Obsidian Bear. If he still wants to change it, I'm revoking the exception.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 14, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »

just so you know
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #482 on: May 14, 2016, 07:39:54 pm »

is there any reason that the word "obsidian" has to be strictly tied for one or the other

because I almost called Hiroki's avatar "Hellfire Knight" and tried to pass that off as black because 1. the avatar is still mostly black and 2. hell is associated with darkness
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:25 pm »

Mainly to prevent people bullshitting and going 'oh no my thing is actually x-type not y-type' and pointing to the name as evidence.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:59 pm »

i didn't say anything about which type it should be
i simply rebuffed your earlier statement that nobody cares by saying that i quite obviously do, or else i wouldn't have pursued the discussion in the first place

they're entirely different points
Black lives matter.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2016, 07:44:27 pm »

Stone bear it is!
No sig yet

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »

Mainly to prevent people bullshitting and going 'oh no my thing is actually x-type not y-type' and pointing to the name as evidence.
but we have to specifically list types on the sheet, rendering this a non-issue
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This good, any help would be appreciated
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

Stone bear it is!

Stone Bear

STONE

BEAR
This is the best.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 14, 2016, 08:07:17 pm »

By the way, Elf, maybe give a loredump since it seems like several people haven't watched Accel World? As in, a loredump on the setting itself, not Brain Burst.

Also: The OP mentions "mobs", but those are only in the thing you have access to from level 4 and beyond. Another change?

((I am aware they are offline, this is for them to reply to tomorrow))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:53:32 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2016, 03:32:41 am »

Say, Murdoc, you still up for the Guardian thing? I think I'm basically done my sheet, so...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This good, any help would be appreciated
No, no, you're either Black or Earth, not both.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2016, 05:57:03 am »

By the way, Elf, maybe give a loredump since it seems like several people haven't watched Accel World? As in, a loredump on the setting itself, not Brain Burst.

Also: The OP mentions "mobs", but those are only in the thing you have access to from level 4 and beyond. Another change?

((I am aware they are offline, this is for them to reply to tomorrow))
That depends. Can you clarify what precisely needs to be known? I assumed I'd left enough info (the date, the location and the stuff a first-timer would know when first Accelerating), but if that's not enough, I need to know what else.

Another change to keep me from having to stat up unique Burst Linkers every time you guys want to grind up Burst Points or XP. Speaking of XP, I'm doing an overhaul of levelling as the current level system is rather restricted (it was made for Trespassers, which can level up infinitely, but you can only get to level 9 in this game).

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2016, 06:05:01 am »

Well that's just it; other than accelerating there's very little info in the OP about the setting.

What Neural Linkers do, the Augmented reality that everyone with them is constantly seeing while it's active, VR worlds, private and public networks, etc.. The Neural Linkers have changed the world; how so?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2016, 06:46:16 am »

m-meanie baka-senpai
urasai urasai urasai ;-;

Okay. LORE DUMP TIME:
Neuro Linkers: Personal computers installed on the neck that hook into the brain. When turned on, they allow one to use one's area of vision as a desktop on a normal computer, and work as normal computers, complete with word processors, video and music playback and Internet. One can access a Virtual Reality, which is more akin to games like Second Life, where one has a Virtual Avatar (not a Duel Avatar, that's only in Brain Burst) where you can talk to people and play various games like virtual tennis and virtual shooting. Neuro Linkers can also be linked with cables for a wired connection and a private chat, as well as exchanging programs (like Brain Burst) and files, but tends to be used either between relatives or lovers due to how intimate it is and the fact that you're more or less hooking a cable into the other person's brain with yours. Thus Kotaro and Midori exclusively use very short wires
- In terms of Brain Burst, a wired connection allows for a temporary private server and a private match, as well as being used to exchange Armaments. For instance, if Kotaro and Ruy were to use a wired connection, they could trade Copper Haze's Wind-Cutter Guard for Azul Crusader's Colada and Tizona. They could do this in a normal game, but this is far less likely to get people's attention. It's also faster.
- There were older devices, such as a chip implanted into the brain that served the same function as a Neuro Linker (and the same helmet that they used in SAO for VR, I forget its name), but they've been superseded.

Changes brought by Neuro Linkers: More or less, everything. It made it possible to have a computer on you at all times, no matter what. Information constantly accessed. You could install it on a newborn baby, and thus have them grow up with it. Indeed, nowadays you need a Neuro Linker to do much of anything within urban areas; outside places like Neo Tokyo, you'll still find places where they do things the old fashioned way.

Augmented Reality: Outside of Brain Burst and the virtual reality servers, this tends to be pretty much nonexistent or somewhat nonintrusive.
-Within Brain Burst (and thus while Accelerated), an hour equates to a second in the real world. Thus, in the real world, day-long fights in Brain Burst can be resolved in a matter of seconds. As a side effect, Burst Linkers who have been playing for a long time are far older mentally than they are physically.
-Virtual Reality outside Brain Burst, however, is NOT subject to the same altered time perception. Not that you'd spend much time there, anyway. (Which is good because the anime and the light novels don't say much about it :P)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2016, 06:52:07 am »

Also, when you're doing the burst or whatever that slows down your perception but you haven't entered Brain Burst yet, you pop out of your normal body in whatever avatar you use for VR. So I guess describing that might be a decent idea.

And the VR isn't actually a bad idea to use in this game; it allows characters to RP even when they're not in the same area and allows for different interaction than a phone would.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64