Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eliminating bodily fluids?  (Read 894 times)

verdigriss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eliminating bodily fluids?
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:00:46 am »

So, I was thinking of stuff to cut out of the game to stave off FPS death, and I thought that blood would be an excellent candidate, since it is so bugged right now, what with the never decomposing or being cleaned and lasting for years on the surface, merchants bringing barrels of it, etc.

But if I do remove blood from dwarves and goblins, it will make them much harder to kill (immune to fire, even), won't it?  Is there a better way, like making blood somehow not be a contaminant?  Or can it be made to evaporate after being spilled without, again, making dwarves fireproof by giving them a constant temperature or something?

In any case, eliminating vomit should be fine, right?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Eliminating bodily fluids?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:12 am »

You could try adding the [EVAPORATES] tag to the body fluids instead (blood, goo, ichor, spit, etc.).  If it works correctly, the creatures' health is unaffected and icky stuff just goes away over time.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

verdigriss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:08:28 pm »

Oh wow!  Thanks, Dirst.  Looks like I just add it in at the end of the material description in material_template_default.txt.  This seems like it should work perfectly.   :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:15:07 pm »

Oh wow!  Thanks, Dirst.  Looks like I just add it in at the end of the material description in material_template_default.txt.  This seems like it should work perfectly.   :D
If that works, suggest it to Button and Meph for the Accelerated Mod.  * fingers crossed *
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:54:19 pm »

If that works, suggest it to Button and Meph for the Accelerated Mod.  * fingers crossed *
I've already read this, first thought was "boiling/evaporating body mats are not a good idea", but if it works, it works. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::