Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: The worst artifact ever  (Read 17883 times)

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Re: The worst artifact ever
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 02:32:00 am »

I once got a legendary floodgate, flute and bucket in one year. Pretty pointless pointless, not counting the legenday skills they got.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Janus:
Well, this next one is technically worth more, but as far as odd artifacts go...

A horse leather flute which appears ripe, apparently. Go ahead, wrap your lips around it and give it a toot! Careful of the spikes though.[/QB]

So, so wrong...

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

I had a platinum right gauntlet once, decorated with gems and more platinum.
The only comment I have in that regard is: "Fist of Bling"
That, and my created wealth skyrocketed, bringing hordes of Fish-dissectors, Soapers, and Glassmakers to my fortress. By the way, I also had no sand.
I cannot get the name and details of the artifact because I'm in the middle of a fortress and would have to check the legends.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Strawberries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

I can't remember my worst artifact but my current fortress has easily my most hated artifact. "Isakmamot, "SpatterBlooded. This is a Copper Floodgate. All craftdwarfsmanship is of the highest quality. it is studded with copper, it menaces with spiked of copper, on the item is an image of squares in copper.   9600 dwarfbucks"
    that may not sound TOO bad but my dwarfs are @$#%ing obsessed with it! i have  7 artifacts, not including splatterblooded, and 4 of them have an image of a copper floodgate on it(i only have the 1 floodgate as i have no water and a volcano so its useless). my main entrance hall has 20 engravings, 12 are of a copper floodgate, my sherrifs room has 4 engravings, all of a copper floodgate, and who knows how many pictures of that dam floodgate are scattered elsewhere!

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Strawberries ]

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

---"Flashstrangled the Stern Council" A Microline Quern

This is a microline Quern. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of microline...----

WHoopy!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2008, 12:50:00 am »

How did you get an engraver for idol? I thought it's *crafter always.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JustinKace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 03:03:00 am »

This is a felsite scepter. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of a dwarf and dwarfs in felsite. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarfs.

$2400

*sigh*

Oh well, got a legendary stonecrafter out of it. They are always great. The first five stone crafts he makes will likely be worth more than that rubbish!

K

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 03:25:00 am »

My very first artifact was a statue.

Four or five artifacts down the line I got another statue... OF THE FIRST STATUE. It had an image of the first statue in two different materials on it!

And for getting lots of images of your lone floodgate, count your blessings. My dwarves engrave the most disturbing, disgusting, horrifying and outright terrifying shit you have seen since you took a jaunty sightseeing holiday through Boatmurdered to enjoy the legendary works of Emperor Sankis.

And I pity this one kid. I had ordered his room engraved, wall-to-wall and all the ceilings, and then the goblins hit. They killed his mother, and a snatcher got his sister in the chaos.

Yes, they engraved both scenes in his room. And nothing but a dwarf either being struck down or shot by goblins, or otherwise being harassed by goblins.

I think my Engraving team was out to tramautize the kid for life. They must hate him for being a 1337 siege operator.

Klendt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowDragon8685:
<STRONG>My very first artifact was a statue.

Four or five artifacts down the line I got another statue... OF THE FIRST STATUE. It had an image of the first statue in two different materials on it!

And for getting lots of images of your lone floodgate, count your blessings. My dwarves engrave the most disturbing, disgusting, horrifying and outright terrifying shit you have seen since you took a jaunty sightseeing holiday through Boatmurdered to enjoy the legendary works of Emperor Sankis.

And I pity this one kid. I had ordered his room engraved, wall-to-wall and all the ceilings, and then the goblins hit. They killed his mother, and a snatcher got his sister in the chaos.

Yes, they engraved both scenes in his room. And nothing but a dwarf either being struck down or shot by goblins, or otherwise being harassed by goblins.

I think my Engraving team was out to tramautize the kid for life. They must hate him for being a 1337 siege operator.</STRONG>

Whoa. Now I feel absolutely honored to have my hallways lined with rope reed, crescents, dwarves, dwarves and dwarves with the dwarves speaking to the dwarves, and dwarves making dwarves not look like words anymore.
My first artifact - it was a palm idol decorated with rings of palm, with an inset image of a screaming giant olm or something similar. I think the whole thing ran for maybe a thousand odd.

The boundary between healthy curiosity and outright nerdiness blurs yet more...

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowDragon8685:
<STRONG>Yes, they engraved both scenes in his room. And nothing but a dwarf either being struck down or shot by goblins, or otherwise being harassed by goblins.
</STRONG>

Actually any dwarf can be affected by losses and try to resolve it by engraving, it just turned up it all got put into the same room as the kid.

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Pitchblack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:00 am »

I also only get crescents and other oddities like dwarves talking to dwarves. strangely all of my artifacts are uninteresting and seem to only be trinkets or furniture. Id like to see a dwarf clad in artifact armour though. maybe then my military wont die in the first 10 seconds of fighting.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2008, 11:23:00 am »

I had a child get a mood once. I didn't know they COULD get moods at the time, so I was pretty excited.

The artifact? A bone scepter. On it was a picture of puzzlebox.

I was pretty damn confused, until I realized that in that same world I had made a previous fort, and in it some guy made a wooden puzzlebox.

At first I thought it was pretty cool that the game could do such things. Then I realized I was holding a fishbone scepter with a picture of a puzzlebox on it...worth less than 4000.

Ah well.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

I had one, it was an adamantine miniforge, Spiked with obsidian.
Why did he have to you Adamamantium for crying outloud?

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

Looking at it, my most valuable artifact is a pig tail rope.
By a long way.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Bwahaha that tree pic is awesome.

But I think by far the worst artifact I have seen someone post was a felsite thong. Thats right, a THONG, made of STONE.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13