Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: When the World Changed  (Read 4870 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When the World Changed
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 11:16:54 am »

Tearing yourself away from the sight of the crater that had appeared you set to work trying to find Carl, and any others who may have survived that are close to you. It doesn't take you long to find Carl lying a dozen or so feet away from where he was last standing having crashed into the side of one of the hastily built concrete storage sheds, but when you walk over to check on him you find him snoring as he lays with his back against the wall. He looks unharmed from the cursory glances you give him, and even his clothes seem fine compared to yours. Taking a look around for any survivors, or the like you find the area pretty much clear which is normal considering you were the only guard post on this side though you can hear yelling coming from further inside the camp .... Do you wake Carl up, or?

Spoiler: Chris Sanders (click to show/hide)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: When the World Changed
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »

Run to the camp.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 05:59:10 am »

Why wouldn't we try and wake him up?

Try to wake Carl up, and drag him towards the camp with you. If he doesn't stir, then go investigate alone.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 08:38:45 am »

Why wouldn't we try and wake him up?

Try to wake Carl up, and drag him towards the camp with you. If he doesn't stir, then go investigate alone.
+1
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When the World Changed
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 01:49:06 pm »

In the end you decide to wake him up, and kneel down to nudge him in the hopes that the snoozing Carl will wake the hell up though you're greeted by him batting his hand at you before rolling over onto the ground. Somewhat annoyed by that you deliver a sharp kick to his ribs which causes him to jump up with a slight yelp followed by a string of expletives,

"What in the name of hell is wrong with the bastard that just kicked me? Whose ass do I need to kick!?"

The outburst doesn't last long though as his eyes fall on the burning crater not far from your previous guard post which causes him to utter a quick prayer to God as he slowly stands up off the ground to continue staring at the devastation with wide eyes. You let him process the event for a moment before clapping him on the shoulder, and pulling him away in order to head back towards the center of camp where you can hear the sound of quite a number of people yelling, some of them clearly the screams of wounded soldiers. Whatever the hell this was it hadn't left the camp completely unharmed, it seems you and Carl got lucky to get out of the situation in one piece. Pulling Carl along you head towards the center of camp, passing by several concrete buildings and prefab shelters that were suffering from various levels of damage that went from none to having a pair of charred trees stabbed through the roof to being on fire as a handful of soot, and snow covered soldiers fought to put it out.

By the time you arrive at the heart of the camp it's already a scene of complete chaos as you see almost a dozen wounded on stretchers being rushed towards the medical building, and several fire teams in hazmat suits rushing out of the camp towards the crater along with about fourteen soldiers going about to check everyone who wanted into the central area. Not long after you arrive with Carl a man makes his way over towards you two with a pair of armed soldiers flanking him on either side, the insignia on his uniform displaying his rank of Captain quickly gives you a hint that this isn't just a simple identification check, and his following words quickly make that even clearer.

"You two just came from the direction of the blast zone, correct? Are the two of you the ones who had been assigned to guard duty there?"

The moment you, and Carl nod your heads the Captain's voice suddenly raises,

"Restrain these two immediately, take their weapons and put them in the jail until we can figure out what is going on here. I want a guard of three soldiers on them at all times."

You hear Carl curse under his breath, and you can see his hand twitch for a moment at the order before some semblance of common sense finally tells him not to resist. Your mind starts to flood with thoughts as you try to think about what to do; you could try to explain what happened though that may well lead to you being considered mentally unstable, you could resist if you feel like testing whether that imp actually followed through with his promise, or you could simply let them arrest you ...

Spoiler: Chris Sanders (click to show/hide)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:03 pm »

Take a fast glance at whats around you
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »

Surrender quietly.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 07:51:02 pm »

Max avatar size is 80x80

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 11:13:32 pm »

Surrender quietly.
But before you do take a glance at your surroundings and if there is a rock, hide the rock in your pocket so that they don't find it
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:19:17 pm by snow dwarf »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 08:44:18 am »

But before you do take a glance at your surroundings and if there is a rock, hide the rock in your pocket so that they don't find it
Why would we need a rock?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:18 am »

Why would we need a rock?
Crushing something with a rock will be easier than your fists.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:50 am »

We're not going to crush anybody. They have guns. Not to mention, they are our countrymen. We're going to be polite so we can find out what they know.

And if you didn't mean crushing heads, I really don't see what else we would use the rock for.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:25:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »

Don't resist. Memorize the surroundings and people.

How do you think should we bend down and take a rock without it being noticed?
We don't need any rock to smash stuff. We are not responsible for whatever happened.

I wonder if we could cut off the finger with the ring without dying and keep it in some safe or something ;)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 05:41:49 pm »

We're not going to crush anybody. They have guns. Not to mention, they are our countrymen. We're going to be polite so we can find out what they know.

And if you didn't mean crushing heads, I really don't see what else we would use the rock for.
Door lock

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

Door lock
I can't think of any kind of modern lock that you could smash with a simple rock. And we're NOT going to make an escape attempt when we don't even know why they're detaining us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5