Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 25182 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm
« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:55 pm »

Koran nods in agreement, saying, "Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I guess there is a reason that you're leader.".

Koran then takes a month off of Hunting in order to tame the Hund Beinen we acquired, in order to domesticate them. If it succeeds, keep it for the Hunting Party, and name it Tiberius.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »

Joseph looks proud.

"Thank you for your kind words."

He then finds Jakub.

"Would you happen to be 'Jakub'?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »

Mao barges into the discussion :
"I concur with the dog similarities ! Though they are not as tasty as dogs."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »

Joseph slowly turns his head to Mao.

"You realize we're done talking about that, right?

Wait, you EAT these things?

.... Awww.... That makes me feel really sad, for some reason.
"

Joseph frowns. Those nearby can't help but feel like giving him a hug.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:13 pm »

Jakub looks up from his work and smiles.

"Ah, Kolego! How are you? Please, call me 'Cook', all my friends call me that.
What can I do for you?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »

Joseph smiles.

"Cook's a strange title. Mao might get jealous.

How about we just call you the 'Marshal of Engineering'? Dances right off the tongue.

Yep. You're promoted. Good work, comrade.
"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »

Hmm... This could be some useful information.

Go out into the wild, preferably with some help once again (but not too many, at max 3 others), and attempt to capture two different species of animals with similarly structured genitalia, one male, and one female.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:14:50 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:03 pm »

Thanks Joseph, I won't let you down!

Finish up the shop and get some people to help me.
Get someone else to take over with keeping the saws repaired (any chance this will eventually get us a bonus for clearing?)
Use my mechanical engineering background to design blueprints for machines that will fill it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2016, 06:27:35 pm »

Joseph slowly turns his head to Mao.

"You realize we're done talking about that, right?

Wait, you EAT these things?

.... Awww.... That makes me feel really sad, for some reason.
"

Joseph frowns. Those nearby can't help but feel like giving him a hug.
Mao simply answers :
"Well, we all do. After all you all tried the new noodle dish recently right ? For some reason everyone thought it was chicken, but I used the Hund Beinen's meat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »

"Didn't try any yet. I subsist off these bluish berries. Very nutritious."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

"Your crude tastes make me feel sad comrade Joseph. I hope one day, my food will enlighten you to the miracle that is gastronomy !"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2016, 08:05:47 pm »

"I don't have time to enjoy my meals, comrade Mao. The people come first, for me.

I must get back to my duties. Fare well, comrade.
"

Joseph publicly announces the updated policies on marriage and child-birth (Positive policies). He then orders the best workers to begin preparing the land they have already cleared, and the workers who welded the distillery to install a pump. Everyone else will continue clearing the remaining area. He feels rather tired. This is very stressing.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2016, 05:04:18 am »

Adam entered the half finished workshop

"Hey, Jakub, you are building a pretty nice place here Adam acted as if he is at least equal to newly appointed Marshal of Engineering. "You know, I am bored with writing games and want to find another use for my skills. Do you plan to add any automated machines? I could help with writing an AI for any kind of robot you may build.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2016, 08:15:10 am »

"Automated? Well, maybe not controlled by AI, but I do hope to have some more...complex machines that will require programming."

He walks him over to a machine in the corner. It is a lathe, with multiple speeds, and a rotating tool holister that can hold 4 different tools, which move along the Z,X axis via crude controls.

"While most of the machines are manual, there are some that need to be a bit more precise. What I need for this machine is the be numerically controlled. Calculating the exact point it is at on the Z and X axis, and allow the user to adjust the exact stopping point. After that, we can start working on more complex maneuvers with computer numerical controlled machines."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »

"Good, good. I'll see what I can do with thing. See you later" Adam was unimpressed by a proposed piece of machinery because he wanted to code a real robot and proposed job was plain boring. Yet he found no funnier stuff to do.

In February Adam spent half of February doing usual teenager things, including spending time with Madalyn. In the same time he frequently visited the small-jobs shop helping Jakub. He didn't limit himself to coding and was willing to help with engineering stuff and learn something in the process
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19