Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 25206 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 2 ~ Merry Christmas / Strange Southern Sightings!
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2016, 09:31:45 am »

Joseph sips appreciatively.

"A delightful substance. The life-blood of the future of humanity, you could call it.

Is this just water?
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2016, 10:14:40 am »

Jakub smirks as he pours each of them some more.

"You could say that."

Apparently the space concoction is not up to Russian standard.
He gets a serious expression on his face.

"Joseph, have you ever been in love?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2016, 10:19:52 am »

"Yes. I am in love with every single one of the colonists; their struggles, their triumphs...

It is only natural for a popular leader, appointed through love, to love his comrades, is it not?

Or were you speaking of a more... amorous love?

If so, I can't quite say. That's a complicated emotion.
"

Joseph takes another sip.

"Mmm. I think I taste a little bit of alcohol. Maybe a bit fruity. Might just be my imagination."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:26:43 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2016, 11:27:54 am »

Jakub let's out a hearty laugh.

"Kolego, that is quite political answer. You have my vote."

He has another drink. You can see something is on his mind.

"I never did find love back home. It is probably a good thing, because I wouldn't be here if I did. No... but I did find love here. I'm sure you have heard whispers of me and Deidress, the pathologist intern from Somalia."

He looks to see what Joseph's reaction is to this news, but can't figure it out from just his facial expressions.

"Which is why I come to you. While you aren't preventing us from starting families, some people who hold you in high regard would... disapprove, because of your speech. In order to keep our reputations intact, we have had to hide our relationship, and we cannot take the next step. I am asking you, to publicly announce that we can start having families."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2016, 11:47:52 am »

"... if it is your wish, I'd happily and loudly announce the go-ahead...

But I just worry... if you do bring children into this world, what would happen to that child were you to perish? Or what would happen to you were they to perish?
"

Joseph realizes how insensitive he is being.

"Sorry comrade, it is impolite of me to speak of you like you could die at any moment. We are all safe, as long as we work together.

Are you sure you wish for me to make the announcement?
"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2016, 11:51:56 am »

Regalia relaxes agasint the jukebox  not sure whether to join the festivities currently.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2016, 12:06:21 pm »

"I haven't ignored these facts. While we may be better off waiting another year, the threat of death would still looms over us. As we expand, we will stur up more creatures, creatures who may not appreciate our presence. No matter how you look at it, there is never a correct time to have children."

"Having never known my father, and later, becoming an orphan myself, I know the pain a child can suffer. My only hope is that if something were to happen to me, my children would be taken care of, not passed off into servitude."

"My answer is yes. I would like for you to make that announcement. While we may not consider starting a family immediately, it will alleviate the dirty looks we receive."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2016, 12:20:52 pm »

"... Very well.

If anything ever happens to you, I shall raise your children myself. If that is okay, of course.

Until then, I shall announce it at the next month's meeting. Let your love flourish, like beautiful flower.

Have a good day, my comrade.
"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2016, 12:32:31 pm »

Regalia stares at her dress with a small smile gently putting it beside her.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Urist Reborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 1 ~ Our Great Leader / Discovery, Ho!
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2016, 12:34:15 pm »

Koran asks around for a journal of any kind, and receives one from Bonifo. He then jots down his discovery in the journal, which is black with a silver binding. Here is this flying insect:

Koran's Nickname: Flying Spider

Description: A creature similar to Earth's spiders, with a couple of differences. Rather than being typically being a grey color, the two specimens collected were a rich green color. Both specimens also had a pattern of an orange hourglass on their backs, though unlike the Black Widow, which has a similar hourglass, these spiders' had their Hourglass hollow. The major difference, however, is their wings. The patterns are halved in two wings that the spider can use to fly around. They appear to be non-poisonous, so it's likely that certain colonists will domesticate them. Otherwise, they appear to be the same as most spiders from Earth, with both specimens being 2 inches long, and 1 inch wide. They also still have 8 legs, a number of eyes, and two small fangs.

Koran closes the journal, and continues to search for more animals with the Hunting Party.
Ilyena adds a further entry to their list of local fauna.

Name: Lustrumian Tree Borer

Description: Filling a similar niche to Earth's termites, the Lustrumian Tree Borer is significantly larger, roughly the size of a man's finger. These insects possess chitinous exoskeletons, and four rows of legs running down their cylindrical and segmented bodies. After their eggs are laid inside of a tree, the parent dies and the offspring begin to burrow their way through the tree, devouring the wood. When a tree has been deprived nutrients, or has lost structural integrity and fallen, the borers will search for nearby trees to infest. At this time several factors remain unknown: their toxicity, their nutritional content, and their predators.

Finding her study of the tree borers to be a satisfying starting point, Ilyena tries to observe predation of the tree borers, primarily by searching for recently abandoned trees, which the borers are still migrating away from. She hopes to be able to follow a foodchain to identify more significant of prey for hunting.
Missed my action.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2016, 01:09:29 pm »

Missed my action.

Ilyena continues to watch over the Tree Borers, despite her earlier observations there is still a hole of information regarding where they fit in the local ecological food chain and what other species they could be involved with in some sort of relationship. [Biology: 9] Indeed, after several days of observation, Ilyena comes to find that the Tree Borers flee from a predator who invades the homes of the insects and eats them by the mouthful.
Ilyena discovers Flying Predator! (Bluejay-sized)

[Sorry for the brevity of this.]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2016, 01:27:07 pm »

((A companion cube huh?))

Urist Reborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »

Koran nods, and then says, "Makes sense. I'll be off, now.".

Koran then walks back to Ilyena, and asks what to do now, because he wants to head back out, and kill more of the Hund Beinen for meat, assuming we can.
"I hear you've discovered a species that may be worth hunting. What do we know about them?"

[Sorry for the brevity of this.]
((No problem, games like this are hectic.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2016, 01:37:54 pm »

((A companion cube huh?))

Yes. It may be more than meets the eye. Or it just be a cute cube, who knows?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2016, 01:49:00 pm »

Koran responds non-verablly to Ilyena's request by opening the journal to the Hund Beinen entry. After letting Ilyena take a look, he says, "This. It's a dog lookin' thing. I think it's got decent enough meat on it's bones, provided we don't make many holes in 'em.".
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19