Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 25209 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 2 ~ Merry Christmas / Strange Southern Sightings!
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2016, 02:29:28 am »

Mao is chewing at a Tasteless Blue Berry Bun Snack, thinking about cooking and stuff.
(Mmh... I should bake a Christmas Asian Cake next year...)
(And all these new species... I can't wait to see how they taste. Should I try them with simple soy sauce first or a some oyster sauce ?)

Then upon receiving the Metal Spatula and the Chef's Hat, he can't help but feel deeply moved.
"New Year Eve feast won't be only Asian Food for a change !"

He does know that people don't love Asian food as much as he does, but after such a gift, he can't help but decide to forget his stubbornness a little.

Great stuff as always ! Don't worry about the slight delay, the content and quality vastly make up for that. Keep it up !

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2016, 02:31:24 am »

Spoiler: The Earlier Month (click to show/hide)

Gaspard approaches Joseph at the first isolated moment he can find, and pulls the colony's de facto leader aside for a few moments, wearing an expression that is, uncharacteristically for jovial, often glib Gaspard: somberness. He had found Alex dead with a small pile of the Arcenciels scattered about as well as several other things Gaspard went to the effort of cleaning up before reporting to Joseph, and a mostly-eaten one beside him. He spoke seriously and withot even a word of French. "I'm afraid I've got bad news. Do you remember those rainbow mushrooms I showed you a while back? Well, it turns out they won't just get someone high, they can be very lethal if, I'm presuming, one has too many of them. I found Alex Shatter dead out south, surrounded by a few of them. We'll need to prepare a funeral at some point in the next week -- he deserves respect in death."

Gaspard spends time making sure Alex has a proper funeral, apparently being someone who deeply reveres the dead.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2016, 04:11:39 am »

Cynthia loves the gifts, besides the kiss. She isn't really in for a relationship right now, what with all the important science to be done!

Spoiler: Discoveries (click to show/hide)

Look for an artist to commision a Citrabbit drawing. Afterwards, proceed to be antisocial, reading more books.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:11:33 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2016, 05:41:22 am »

Probably more popular, stylish and "grown up in certain places" Principle would be Adam's girlfriend if not the Christmas gift he received. He got a New game. Game he never played before. The game that wasn't written by himself. He spent hours playing it and Madalyn was his number one partner. All the time spent together nailed it and Adam fell in love.

Spend time bonding relationships with Madalyn, teach her some coding tricks if she wishs. Do several mods for Street Kombat: Unleashed. Be a boring guy who doesn't leave the ship.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:42 am »

After hearing whispers being perpetrated by the colonists, Koran mutters to himself. "Saying I'm breaking policy? What policy? I haven't heard of a policy.", he mutters, before re-opening his journal and writing down the beast they discovered.

Spoiler: Discovery (click to show/hide)

Afterwards, Koran walks over to Joseph, and tries to get his attention, saying, "Hey, I'm Koran. I wanna have a word with you about your "policies".
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Ezirohairp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Получить кредит в самаре
Pioneers Phase 2 Merry Christmas / Strange Southern Sigh
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2016, 06:46:34 am »

Theres not enough people who are willing to be captains... can anyone be a brave soul and just step up?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2016, 06:51:06 am »

"I have problem with policies too." Says Jakub (Cook), as he reaches Joseph at about the same time as Koran.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:54:50 am by Wozzy »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2016, 07:31:51 am »

Joseph is found asleep at the distillery. He takes his time to wake up; miraculous, because he doesn't look very comfortable. He speaks groggy, donning a top hat as he stands up, and leaning on a cane.

"Yeah... comrade... what is it?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2016, 08:07:29 am »

Koran walks up to the groggy man, and says, "Listen, Joseph. I know you have a good head on your shoulders, but so do a lot of others. I think, that instead of going gung-ho and being leader, we should have a fair election, a trial. That way, our little colony of whatever can have a fair leadership. Sound fair?", before Koran holds out his hand.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:36 am »

"Are you drunk?!" Jakub exclaims in Joseph's native language. While Koran talks to Joseph, Jakub goes around opening the blinds, letting the light flood the inside of the distillery.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2016, 08:23:55 am »

"Not drunk.... just exhausted.

Being a leader is not very easy. I wouldn't wish this task upon my worst enemy.
"

Joseph takes Koran's hand and stands.

"But this is my task. I've taken it to be my burden to protect this colony."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2016, 08:37:19 am »

"It seems one man is not enough. Perhaps we should hold an election for a group of leaders."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:59 am »

"Well.... I've been on the look-out for capable people to appoint to leadership positions....

But they are far and few between. I don't think we have many other leaders....
"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2016, 08:41:54 am »

Koran nods, and then says, "Makes sense. I'll be off, now.".

Koran then walks back to Ilyena, and asks what to do now, because he wants to head back out, and kill more of the Hund Beinen for meat, assuming we can.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18:35 am »

Pulls up a table and some chairs, motioning  to Joseph to take a seat with him."This will only take a minute. I apologize for my previous accusations. I was an apprentice to a welder in my homeland, and he was a terrible drunk." He reaches into his pack and pulls out a corked bottle with a clear liquid inside. "He was also the only father figure I had growing up, so I may have picked up some bad habits from him." He finds some glassware and pours a small amount into two cups. "Some of us engineers brewed up a batch on the flight, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Zdorov'ye"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19