Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 26031 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 1 ~ Our Great Leader / Discovery, Ho!
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »

After hearing from Lenny's discovery, Mao approached Cynthia :
"What do you think about these berries ? Would they make decent food ?"
"Uh, yeah! They seem fine, and I ran some tests, and they seemed to digest fine. So yeah, they should be edible."

Cynthia, later, notes down her discoveries.

Common Tree:
Scientific Name: Citresius Arborium
Common Name: Lemoon (heh space puns) Tree

Description: This species of tree appears to be the most common on the planet, or at least, the area we have landed in. It has a somewhat light coloured trunk, with roots that stretch into the water surrounding everything in this swamp. Due to this root growth, most trees grow near the shores, and otherwise, usually die. We foùnd some dead specimens on the inner parts of the land, and this could be my only proposed reason. They also seem to grow yellow, lemon-like 'fruit', which are actually a defense mechanism. Once picked, they burst into fragments. Obviously, this does little more than sting a human holding it in their hands, but to an animal with this inside its mouth, would be blown to bits due to the sheer force of it. This, actually, benefits the tree more so, as then the body decomposes and provides them with sustenance. It would seem that the actual seed carriers have ekuded me, but hopefully next time I will make this discovery.

Common Shrub:
Scientific Name: TBD
Common Name: Springhole Shrub

Description: This discovery is even more intruiging than the last one. This shrub can be found in most mainland areas, and seems to be eaten by most animals, as there have been some reduced to stumps. This shrub does not grow branches, but instead, grows a central tower of 'leaves' directly above the stump, from which leaves grow around it. But, due to animals eating the leaves, they have been turned into a whole number of odd combinations. Another interesting thing about this find, is that it seems to notice that animals are eating it, but only after they have ingested a seed pod. This is probably so they can maximise seed spread. I do not know whether to class this as an animal or a plant, as it seems to be sentient, wearing a face made out of gaps in it's leaves, which changed as we observed it under different conditions. The reason we named it the Springhole Shrub, is because when we first saw one, it was growing out of the ground, and Mao stepped on the stump, just as the leaves erupted out of it. It was nothing major, but it was quite amusing. At the time, we thought it grew out of a hole. And then, the name stuck.

((Discoveries made.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:39 pm »

Joseph nods, picks up the little robot, and walks outside. He completely ignores the child.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »

((Discoveries made.))

Discoveries noted.

Also, does anyone know what the command is when you have text that is underlined by all these dots and when you hover your cursor over it a small white box pops up with additional text? I thought it was [abbr] or something similar.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2016, 02:23:23 pm »

"You spaced out a moment there. Your tone changed. Your eyes dilated. I presume you have no memories of this.

Be cautious, Regalia. You may have features built in to you that you were never told about.

... What's that symbol mean? Low battery?

Eh. How is it charged? Solar?
"
"But only my eyes are cybernetic.... "
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2016, 02:38:47 pm »

Random Interturn Event That I Totally Did Not Forget to Include Last Time:

While Joseph is busy rounding up people and speaking to Regalia and Lenny, one of his followers pulls him aside and informs him that a group of colonists plan to hold two celebrations next month, one for Christmas and one for New Year's.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2016, 02:48:45 pm »

Cynthia is sitting on a stump, reading a book, if anyone searches for her.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »

Joseph goes to the boarding ramp of the ship and calls the attention of all nearby workers.

"Comrades, gather around, gather around, please. That means the children too."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »

Lenny shrugs and follows after Lenox.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »

Regalia grabs Lenny and walks to the meeting.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »

Heads over to see what the message is about.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »

Joseph coughs.

"Is this everyone that is able to attend?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2016, 04:13:09 pm »

(It can be assumed that later people can infer whether they intended or not. Even if they don't, at this point word spreads quickly in the colony so they will get the information soon enough.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2016, 05:29:21 pm »

"Uh, yeah! They seem fine, and I ran some tests, and they seemed to digest fine. So yeah, they should be edible."

"Thank you for your insight comrade Cynthia. Working with you was a pleasurable honor ! I will probably come to you later."

Mao returns to coordinate the Cooking Corps. He also tries to bake something with the berries, with a high preference for some bun or snack.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2016, 05:30:51 pm »

"I'll just get started.

First motion; I propose that, every month starting from this date, the leader of the colony and all of its residents will meet here to discuss the current affairs. Once the colony grows too large, we will either hold local assemblies, or these meetings over televisions.

Allow me to first discuss my changes in policies:

Children will now be able to leave the ship, GRANTED that they do not stray fifty meters away from the ship, and that they have an adult watching them at all times. One adult to one child ratio, please.

Another new policy is that no citizen is to leave the area of two-hundred and fifty meters from the ship unless given permission by myself or Mao, or they are part of a group numbering over ten. This is to prevent any personal danger happening to you, as there have been spottings of rather large... creatures... out there.

One important suggestion; we have to name ourselves. Normally I would communicate with the company, buuuuttt....

Let's just do it ourselves, shall we?

I would like to propose the name Arstotzka. Glory to Arstotzka, comrades!

See? Rolls right off the tongue. I am open to other suggestions.

And I am sad to report the general lack of progress with the wood-cutting, but I assure you I understand. There are not too many working class people on this ship. Society decided to send the best of the best, after all. That's you, by the way, comrades.

However I, as a strong and well-rounded man, will demonstrate how to cut a tree. I'd chip in for the entire month, buuut.... Someone has to manage all the boring stuff. Heh.
"

Joseph waits for any rebuttals, suggestions, or comments before doing anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19