Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 26038 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Phase 0 ~ Lustrum
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2016, 07:34:29 pm »

Deciding to get back in the game is important, so I wish to gather up some other hunters, before heading out to explore the new world we've landed on...and kill the inhabitants for meat so we can live. If able, he joins Ilyena's camp as well.
((Can I assume my character noticed your efforts, so we can collaborate?))

Why, of course!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2016, 07:56:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Is the reference too much?))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:59:05 pm by Vgray »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:08 pm »

It's fine, but I can't promise that this universe is as friendly as the PIXAR-verse :p
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2016, 08:23:16 pm »

((There isn't anything nice about a rigid autopilot with secret orders...))

Lenny ignores the orders of Comrade Lenox and wanders the area around the ship, collecting twigs and berries.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:50:55 pm by Vgray »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

"Any more concerns?

Complaints?

... anything?
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2016, 02:40:23 pm »

"what is our reproduction quota?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2016, 02:41:21 pm »

Gaspard makes his way on over to the hunters' camp.
"Ah, oui, hello? I have been told by Monsieur Lenox that there are a group of hunters setting up around here? I'm equipped and skilled to go scouting, and if any of you would like to tag along and see what there is to hunt around here, you are welcome, as long as I'm not taking more than deux of you."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2016, 02:42:33 pm »

"I'm not going to say don't reproduce.... but I'm going to advise against it for now. Until we have a suitable agriculture, and future shelters prepared, I don't want an influx of children. Now, this may be an unpopular decision. But would any of you like your children to grow up hungry, and without a place to sleep?

Give it six months before you start to populate Lustrum. By then, we should have everything more than stable.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »

"I meant how much do people have to reproduce to ensure the colony survives?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2016, 02:48:30 pm »

"Well, once the colony is stable, I'd say: Go all out!

We need to populate a whole planet.

Hmmm... this is giving me a good idea.

When we have a stable supply of food, we will begin rationing it out to people, saving enough each year to stockpile in case of a rainy day. Rations will be more than enough a human being needs to eat every day. The ration of workers will be decided by one thing and one thing only; profession. If they do nothing, they will receive a normal ration. If they do a task which is important to the survival of the colony, like farming or construction, they receive an extra half-ration. If they are in an incredibly important position, they get two rations. Furthermore, families with children will receive an extra ration and a half for every child they have.

Rations, of course, referring to our crops. We'll not be having hard-tack and biscuits, as the word ration may make it sound. No, we shall be eating glorious bounties of farmed goods.
"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »

((I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to drop out of this. I don't think I'm in the mood. Sorry, chronic depression calls me.))

Thank you for informing me. Please take care.
((Hey.... Can I drop back into this? I kinda had a bit of a mood swing in the weekend, and wasn't feeling the greatest... But I am feeling better now.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Here is sheet))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:50:19 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »

"Well, once the colony is stable, I'd say: Go all out!

We need to populate a whole planet.

Hmmm... this is giving me a good idea.

When we have a stable supply of food, we will begin rationing it out to people, saving enough each year to stockpile in case of a rainy day. Rations will be more than enough a human being needs to eat every day. The ration of workers will be decided by one thing and one thing only; profession. If they do nothing, they will receive a normal ration. If they do a task which is important to the survival of the colony, like farming or construction, they receive an extra half-ration. If they are in an incredibly important position, they get two rations. Furthermore, families with children will receive an extra ration and a half for every child they have.

Rations, of course, referring to our crops. We'll not be having hard-tack and biscuits, as the word ration may make it sound. No, we shall be eating glorious bounties of farmed goods.
"
"And I suppose you determine what's important mate?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:09 pm »

"Comrade, these are merely my suggestions. I am in no position of leadership. I am suggesting a possible system, and wondering if the people would find this system to be favorable.

You have no need to follow my ideas. Feel free to do your own thing. Have kids earlier than six months or... not at all. I cannot control you. I can only advise you.
"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »

"I'll be honest with you mate. You can expect me to look after myself, and this cute little hunk of scrap,

Lenny pats the head of the robotic trash compactor.

before anything. Force of habit, I suppose."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2016, 03:39:39 pm »

I'll collect some plants, Joey-boy. I want to see if they are edible.

Gather plants from near the landing site

Sorry about lateness
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19