Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Mainpiston test game: You win.  (Read 15393 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game: Varion the slayer of bags.
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:52 am »

Are you sure that your dice aren't cursed.
Or maybe syv put some dark magic on his roll table. Dunno.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

I think we are cursed
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Syv, your dæmons are screwing us over. Too bad you're dead and can't do anything about it.

Also, good luck with the IRL problems.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Good luck with the IRL problems.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

I'm back :D. Thank you everyone for your concern it means a lot to me. But anyway, now that I have enough free time again to actually write a turn lets get back to the game.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Keep an eye out for any suspicious tree movements and/or small creatures coming out of the forest.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Use eyes to not die.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

"We need to get this thing up, so's we can go home."

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

((snip))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game: You win.
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2016, 03:03:12 pm »

Keep an eye out for any suspicious tree movements and/or small creatures coming out of the forest.
Lacking anything better to do you double check your harness and then begin to clutch your sniper rifle to your chest and peer through the scope. [perception 2] You would probably be able to see a bit more if you took the protective caps off first.

After fixing this scope mishap you hear the roar [Intelligence: 4]. Yep it's definitely getting closer. You communicate this worrying fact to Varion who seems to have gone unresponsive from bloodless and is currently staring blankly ahead and drooling.

Use eyes to not die.
Back up at altitude you look around and try to relocate that balloon. [perception: 5] You feeling around on the cockpit floor you finally manage to find your glasses. Placing them back on your face you look around. Despite that impromptu close air reconnaissance your panicked pulling up has brought you about back up to the level you were before. [piloting 6] You imedietlly enter a steep dive and your navigator starts reaching for his service pistol. Luckily for the both of you quickly pull up again and grab the ballon the front clamp clamps tight securing the ballon in it's vice,and Varion and Jimmy begin to rise up into the air. As you fly off back towards civilization, the crew dragging the two injured airmen on board, the setting sunlight silhouettes your plane and huge letters appear in front you. Unfazed by this mass hallucination you read what it says.

CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE DEMO VERSION OF MAINPISTON YOU MANAGED TO NOT BE EATEN BY BEASTS OR KILLED BY YOUR OWN CREW. BUT THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING. LOOK FOR THE FULL VERSION OF MAINSPRING SOON. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER AND YOUR CURRENT MEATPUPPET SOMEHOW SURVIVED, PISTOLS WILL BE PROVIDED UPON LANDING AT THE NEW YORK ISLAND, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KEEP YOUR CHARACTER PLEASE SAY SO, ALTHOUGH THIS MASS HALLUCINATION CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL RETAIN ALL EQUIPMENT.

You shrug, and adjust course to take you to New York. Well, last time I eat shrooms before flying.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2016, 03:09:14 pm »

I would like to keep my character. And, might I say, that was definitely the worst case of friendly fire and utter tomfoolery I have ever seen. But it was fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2016, 03:11:39 pm »

"Well, last time I eat shrooms before flying."
FIFY

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2016, 03:28:15 pm »

I would like to keep my character. And, might I say, that was definitely the worst case of friendly fire and utter tomfoolery I have ever seen. But it was fun.
Just so you know I'm following Syv's advice for how the character sheet stuff works.
Could just use the levelup system.  If it takes one point to go to +1, two to go to +2, etc, that naturally makes a +4 expensive--it costs a total of ten points.  People could still make Groos by also taking a -3, a -2, and a -1, but that could be fixed by making each negative level grant only a single point each.  Then, a +4 requires ten negative levels.

...Also, ER only grants a single levelup point in each category per mission.  I suggest you grant two in each, because ER's system is very, very slow.

Just to clarify that means that going from +0 to +1 costs one point while going from +1 to a +2 costs two more points for a total of 3 points, while moving from a +2 to a +3 costs costs 3 more points for a total of 6 points and moving from +3 to +4 costs 4 points for a total of 10 points, each -1 gives you point and you can decrease a stat or skill to a -3. and you get two points per mission.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:29:55 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:41 pm »

Dank.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

Load Mainpiston (Full ver.) Cartridge  into MidnightJaguar gaming system. Observe loading bar.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11