Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Mainpiston test game: You win.  (Read 15434 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game 4/6
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »

Varion Nods to him before taking up his stance again
Whom ever wins, you are a worthy enemy.
Atempt to grab his wrists as He goes to stab me, step to the left then stab him in the ribs
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:06:45 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »

Continue firing.

This is battle, there is no reason to stop firing for any reason other than no chance to hit.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »

((Even then...))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

"fuck."

Panic.
Overwhelmed by PTSD and your impending doom, you panic and connect yourself to one of the parachutes. You then proceed to curl up in the corner of the cabin, sobbing about how Daemons incinerated your minor league baseball team, the Eternally Damned, which you'd formed with Best Friends #3-9.

Keep trying!  Throw in an aileron roll for whatever dubious benefit it may grant!
[piloting 6] [Short Sunderland piloting 4] [short Sunderland tail machine gun 1] [Sunderland dorsal machine gun 6] [short Sunderland waist gunner 6]
Groo's neurons decide to keep rolling with their good idea, further increasing the speed of their plane until the lever promptly breaks off in Groo's enthusiastic grip. Undeterred, Groo continues to push the broken piece of metal forward as hard as possible. Meanwhile, a plethora of dials and gauges go into the red zone as the plane's ascent angle degrades into a perfect negative ninety degrees. Daemonpants starts to whimper even more than usual and grips the straps that connect his parachute to the wall. The gunners open up on the plane spiraling toward them. The tail gunner, clearly somewhat new to this, viciously attacks a nearby cloud formation, while the dorsal and waist gunner both focus fire onto engine 4 of the plane. Groo throws his head back and laughs as the uncontrolled bomber slams its left wing into the cockpit of the Sunderland, killing the pilot instantly. [Wing strength 1] As the entire wing snaps off and lodges itself into the now pilotless flying boat, one of Groo's brain cells ponders whether or not Groo should have done major structural repairs using only duct tape. The other two occupy themselves with the topic of terminal velocity as the bomber spirals towards the ground.
Varion Nods to him before taking up his stance again
Whom ever wins, you are a worthy enemy.
Atempt to grab his wrists as He goes to stab me, step to the left then stab him in the ribs
dex roll 4
strength roll 4
Chainsaw guy dex 3
Chainsaw guy strength roll 4
Chainsaw guy gives a curt nod in response and charges towards you, his knife centered for a vicious thrust. You grab his wrist and attempt to stab him in the chest… well, you would if you could spare your strength. Unfortunately, you realize with a sinking feeling that Chainsaw guy is pretty strong and that taking a hand away from the knife right now would be tantamount to suicide. As the two of you struggle, you both hear a manic laughing and notice the floor of the plane slipping away from your feet as the plane begins to spin. [resilience roll 4] [chainsaw guy resilience roll 3] You both are slammed into the side of the plane several times. Chainsaw guy slams into the bulkhead and is stunned for second when you land on top of him. This situation is quickly resolved as the plane's cabin lurches into full zero-G and you both lose your grip on your knife. At this point, you and Chainsaw guy can do little more than try to hide the fact that you have just soiled yourselves as you stare at each other from opposite ends of the cabin. Amidst the shrill, falsetto scream of the wind and Chainsaw guy, you hear the sound of a hatch being thrown open, followed by the puffs of two opening parachutes. The other two boarders seem to have abandoned ship, taking two parachutes with them.
Continue firing.

This is battle, there is no reason to stop firing for any reason other than no chance to hit.
((the reason you only fired once is because the 20mm cannon is a manual reload and can only fire once per turn))
[marksmanship 2]
You once again fire and once again completely miss. Damn! They didn't teach anything at sniper school about firing cannons. Before you can curse your sniping instructors and try again, you notice that the plane is really fucking close. Like, super close. Like so close that you could reach out and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD BRACE YOURSELF and you are suddenly thrown violently into the glazed glass [resilience 1]. The impact knocks you unconscious, and you quietly collapse to the floor of the cabin. Daemonpants sees you and begins whispering about Best Friend #1 looking just like that when the Daemons disintegrated his soul at the monthly Daemonologist Academy "Thinning of the Herd." Best Friend #2 looked similar, but with more blood. #3-9… well, they all disappeared into comparable piles of ash. Daemonpants had always had trouble keeping friends.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2016, 11:16:00 pm »

NopeNopeNopeNope
No! Now is no time to panic! Jump out of the bomb bay and start preparing my knife with some angry demons. Manipulate events so that I fall down onto the other plane, and RULES OF NATURE it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:13:03 am by Egan_BW »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ummm gimme your stuff and I'l let you go. Otherwise you're sure to die when rest of my crew get here.
if he leaves and leaves his stuff, take his stuff and my stuff and meet up and follow the orders of other team members
Else:look to see if either his chain saw or my sniper went back here, if it did grab it and charge/fire
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:25:26 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Well, that definitely turned. I think we are actually the worst and unluckiest characters on the face of the planet.

Anyhow, I'm just gonna give it my all to regain consciousness.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The craft they used to attack us should still be there, perhaps we could use that...or just jump out with some jet packs and hope
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jet packs? You don't have jet packs you have parachutes a three man leech craft and a single seat fighter.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jet packs? You don't have jet packs you have parachutes a three man leech craft and a single seat fighter.
Uhhh yah sorry, tired
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah forgot to mention.

YOU ARE ALL CURRENTLY FALLING TO YOUR DEATHS, YOU WILL PASS A SAFE OPENING ALTITUDE FOR PARACHUTES IN TWO TURNS

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Well, I'm knocked out, so... Yeah. That's gonna have to be a litteral lightspeed dismount from the turret, an extremely fast mounting of the fighter(assuming I make it that far), or a really fast parachute grab. (Once again, if I even make it that far)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

((I should really be feeling guilty for ruining the game for all involved, but honestly I'm laughing too hard to care.))

"...Did Groo err?"

The transport craft and fighter--do I need to do anything in the cockpit before they can be boarded and flown away?  If so, do it.  Then grab the unconcious guy and toss him in the transport, and fly the transport out.  If Egan, Spaz or chainsaw guy try to board the (passeenger section of) the boarding craft, let them board.  If I can't grab the unconcious guy in time, and nobody (even the chainsaw guy) gets in the passenger seats of the transport, take the fighter instead.

...And if for whatever reason the spare aircraft are unusable, grab a parachute and jump.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Egan just so you know the Short Sunderland is one disabled it and two not falling as fast as you guys are by virtue of still possessing wings, so  it's currently above you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fiiine. I guess I'll just hop in the fighter for some reason. Go ahead and toss Jim in the transport first. If chainsaw guy acts up, just scream at him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11