Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49

Author Topic: Design Engineers of The Republic (Weapon Design Game)-GAME DEAD  (Read 62257 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Design Engineers of The Republic (Weapon Design Game)-BATTLE REPORT 808!
« Reply #495 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:43 am »

Part of the Swordfish upgrades includes upgrading the turrets that the 40mm cannons would go on, yes.

I like the name Landshark though I'm biased. I'm fine with a different name if that's what's decided.

Developing our own medical corps will be useful, though more information about international treaties and what are considered war crimes will also be useful.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 15, 2016, 10:05:50 am »

So how big are the 40mms gonna be quickfires seem manageable in terms of size but autocannons might need there own unique mounting.

Also, what are your thoughts on partisan weaponry?
You know cheap weaponry to arm insurrections.

Cause I have a few ideas that might be workable.

Edit:
I'm fine with Landshark as name if it fits the role of the vehicle.

Do you guys think landing craft are within the realm of possibility?

So have you read the Deviantart links sorry if I'm a bit pushy but I wanna make sure people at least see it.

Had a thought do our artillery pieces have gun shields?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:45:45 am by Slick »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 15, 2016, 01:17:42 pm »

This holds the logic in which I think we should tank sooner rather than later. The point is the armor and mobility, not necessarily the arms. Not trying to make a point or anything, just sharing some of my thought process.

I don't know the size, but I'm thinking a weight of something like 800~kg based off of what I've seen around is what we'll get.

@Partisan Weaponry: Interesting idea but not viable to be deployed immediately. We'd need an organized insurrectionist movement for such weaponry to be worth it and as far as I know, our espionage corps is not nearly well emplaced enough to begin work on that. We'll need to develop our intelligence services before progressing to that stage. You should definitely bring up the ideas, it will be useful to have them available to be worked with once we do get to that point.

Landing craft have been discussed and currently wait towards the end of the priority list. If the sea front changes that may change.

I am perpetually on mobile and briefly commented on the FNG series earlier.

We do not have gun shields. If we do, they have not been relevant to the combat that has happened and have not been mentioned. Once we start bringing out more armored combat vehicles, I can see us putting some development into them.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 15, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »

There would have to be a bit of design work, but if I understand the proposed actions then there will be work done on the ship anyways.
My upgrade plan is to fix the rotation issue of the main gun, install a radio (both in combination might mean a rework of the electrical system) and, ideally, replace the 37mm guns with a modernized gun.

Landshark is acceptable to me.

So have you read the Deviantart links sorry if I'm a bit pushy but I wanna make sure people at least see it.
Thanks for the reminder; I've looked over it. It does remind me of the later Ligne Maginot. (I had the opportunity to visit Schoenenbourg; can definitely recommend it. The disappearing turrets might appear familiar). All in all, the designs (as is noted in the comments) seem to be obsolete already.

Had a thought do our artillery pieces have gun shields?
Good question. I'm assuming they might, since I modeled the Ratio after the Canon de 75. On the other hand, it's an artillery gun, so less important. I don't really know.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 15, 2016, 04:22:54 pm »

The Ratio has a gunshield and the new MG has the option.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 15, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

New MG? ???

Hooray for defensive options on our guns!

For the Swordfish upgrade, for this turn we might be able to upgrade the turreting of the 37mm guns so they can better handle 40mm autocannons as we won't be able to produce them this upcoming turn. We could leave off that part of the upgrade and include it when we start producing the 40mm for more focus on the radio and Ratio turret.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2016, 07:35:06 pm »

It is worth noting that simply reinforcing an HMG until it can fire light cannon cartridges was done at least once, with the QF-1 pounder, which was basically a giant Vickers fed from a top-box magazine as far as I can tell.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »

Yup. I'm hoping we can skip straight over to the QF-2 pounder though, using our 37mm 1 pounder as the base.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »

By new mg I mean the automatic machinegun.
Highly Opinionated Fool

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »

My confusion is if you mean our Pattern 806 HMG or if you mean we'll be receiving a machine gun design from one of our allies and it can have a gunshield.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 15, 2016, 09:05:56 pm »

Pattern 806 HMG.
Highly Opinionated Fool

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2016, 09:06:51 pm »

Cool beans. The top deck of the Swordfish suddenly seems a small bit safer.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2016, 09:25:56 pm »

Anyone know how to start writing normally after quoting cause I read the help stuff and it didn't explain it at the very least not well.
Cause it would make continuing/starting discussions a lot easier.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »

So, as an example,
Quote from: This is what I say
This is how I say it
And this is back to normal.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2016, 10:24:13 pm »

Thanks for the reminder; I've looked over it. It does remind me of the later Ligne Maginot. (I had the opportunity to visit Schoenenbourg; can definitely recommend it. The disappearing turrets might appear familiar). All in all, the designs (as is noted in the comments) seem to be obsolete already.

The reason I posted the links was to promote discussion for instance a running theme of the parts was that the concrete was poor to say the least and given the world we are fighting in the concrete will just as likely be as poor so we may need to device our own version of concrete which I think would be quite useful.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49