Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: Design Engineers of The Republic (Weapon Design Game)-GAME DEAD  (Read 62112 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

The one in your rifle works.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Guys via extensive searching because i wanted to join the monarchists, i have found out that this is indeed a multi faction game, there on another forum are the monarchists, and if you wonder why i started to search for them its because this was called design group B so yeah, good luck and goodbye. (Sadly i wont be joining the other team because i know to much already and they didn't get the info on what you have made....yet.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aww, Joe, you ruined it.

I mean, what? I can nigher confirm or deny that this was intended as one, if it actually is one, or if I am waiting on this side to finish so I can finish both turns.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so, any clarification to design suggestions, further suggestions, or so on?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Since we've got production sitting idle, we may as well start producing Trench Brooms, and probably whichever of the rifle variants works best right now.

After all, the TB's main issue is the magazine, and that's easy enough to switch out after production.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The feed system on it is rather bad aswell...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyways, my main issue is that every suggestion lacks toomuch substance for me to do anything with it that wont take you guys out of it. We have a suggestion for some form of SPG, with that being all the specifics on it, along with proposials to "make some rifles" and to "make some trench brooms and what ever rifle works best". And everything else is just "work on X somemore".
Highly Opinionated Fool

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I don't really have the brain space for a lot of serious design work at the moment.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know that we haven't given you much to work with so for.

I was going to look up 1900 steam powered tractors but there a lack of details on wikipdea. 

But here's the basic outline of the Steam Mobile Artillery Carriage.
It's a medium sized traction engine of 8-9 tons weight.

It's powered by a fire-tube type boiler the linked to a multiple-expansion engine of 10 Nominal horsepower (Steam horse power is much greater than modern Brake horsepower.)

Four Dreadnaught wheels for off road use.
A2-ton capacity boom crane, a Winch, Dynamo and a Tow hook to move and set up artillery.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, so its a artillery tractor rather than a SPG. Good to know.

So, any specifics on ratio of guns to make, how exactly to fix the things wanted to be fixed (AKA, pistol mag, trenchbroom mag and feed system)?
Highly Opinionated Fool

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Production
We have a fairly good service rifle which we can use to begin replacing the Pattern 782 as soon as possible. The choice between 10x30mm and 10x60mm is a difficult one. I'm slightly preferring the 10x60mm for now, since it allows us to use the same ammunition.
We should also definitely produce the Pattern 801 Revolving Cannon. It is no Maxim gun, but it should suffice to give good fire support.
Therefore, let's use three lines to produce the Pattern 801 Revolving Rifle (10x60mm), and one to produce the Pattern 801 Revolving Cannon, for 1500 and 32 per year respectively. Petition the government to construct a dedicated firearm facility.

2. Designs
Rifles don't kill people. Artillery kills people. Following the motto of 21st century warfare, we should build a field gun.
Inspired by the Canon de 75, I propose the following:

Field Cannon Mk. I
A rifled breechloader, this 75mm cannon uses self-contained shells (that is, including the smokeless powder). They are mounted on a two-wheeled (with a third wheel for stabilization) carriage. They employ a recoil system designed to keep the carriage itself stable while the gun fires, leading to a significantly higher firing rate.
There are three shell types available: A time-fuzed shrapnel shell, an impact-detonated HE shell and an AP shell for use against ships (when used in a coastal defense role).

As an additional point, let's fix the torpedo (inspiration: the Whitehead and the Bliss-Leavitt Torpedo).

Torpedo Mk. II:
A 40cm diameter and 300kg weapon, this torpedo is to be driven by a compressed-air generator and carries a 50kg warhead with an impact detonator. A gyroscope serves to stabilize the torpedo course. The air is heated using burning alcohol in an attempt to increase both range and speed.

3. Engineer assignment:
Torpedo: 1 basic naval engineer, 4 newbies, 4 basic engineers
Field Artillery: 1 talented/unskilled firearms engineer, 3 basic firearms engineers, 4 newbies, 1 basic engineer

This should give us a good start to secure our coasts and allow us to design a better torpedo boat next turn. One where we don't have to design the weapons at the same time as the boat.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Shrapnel shells being a specialized type of ammunition using a timed bursting charge to spray a large quantity of metal balls around a target area, invented to act as a longer range version of grapeshot, as opposed to a fragmentation shell, which simply uses a normal high explosive shell but encased in a casing that fragments into dangerous splinters when it explodes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are two types of 10x60mm ammo. The first is black powder and rimmed, the second is rimless and smokeless. Both still use the same projectile though.

So, ready for me to roll? No objections to things?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Well, smokeless blows up BP guns, so that's probably not ideal for ammunition-consistency, but 10x60mm sounds like a nice powerful rifle round if we can get compatibility.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets use both for now as we slowly replace the old rifles.
Order that all the smokeless rounds get a red strip painted around the bullet, to avoid mix ups.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49