Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: GLORY TO THE DIGPERIUM  (Read 5706 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
GLORY TO THE DIGPERIUM
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »

Hello forumdwellers! This will be my first community dorfing fort on the forums. :3 As well as my first attempt at getting into character for my posts. I'll try and keep all names on this post as time goes on, and if you don't recognize any usernames on it as names come in, that's because I'm also doing it on the DF subreddit.

I'll hopefully have a prologue post soon. And if you're wondering where we'll be setting up, I aim for a mountain somewhere within siege distance of a necromancer tower, goblins, and a modded race sort-of-my-own devising Metallicons. I'm also doing a theme to my fort, basing it off Warhammer 40k and the first mega-project will be carving a tower from the mountain and flattening the ground to all one level for other stuff. ALL HIPPIES! WILL! BE! PURGED!

If you want to be dorfed, I've got a place for a list, and if you want to try and make a suitably punny 'dwarfhammer' job name, go ahead.

Bolded names are those who've been dorfed. Bolded occupations are jobs that have been successfully placed. Usernames in parenthesis are to help people know who is who in the event a username doesn't add up to the dwarf's nickname.

The_Lord_Bastard: SoonDeadInAgony
MildDistain: Inquisition
Speciesunkn0wn: Primarch
LocoRojo: Hunter
roaringdragon2: Miner
Jimmahdean: Tavernkeeper/Brewer
Smooth_Hobo: Butcher

------------------------------------------------------
Airith: Headmistress (TheImmortalRyukan)
TitaniumFoil: Peasant
PigTailSock: Soapmaker
Imic: Templar
Julesy: Head Hauler
Fiery_Death: Dyer [and maybe beekeeper or miller]
Vonkora: Mechpriest
CastrosCajones: Fanatical Fort Cleric
LokiReborn117: Whatever [Check ALL the boxes]
SomeKid2_0: Miner/Fisherdwarf
ShankCushion: Digperium Guard
letransient: Butcher
ClaudeWicked: Mason
yourdoom9898: Miner
MoonyTheHuman: MaleWithIdentityCrisis

Just to have this here, I allow, and would encourage, roleplaying your characters through "journals" or whatever.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:50:30 am by speciesunkn0wn »
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: GLORY TO THE DIGPERIUM
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »

Hello forumdwellers! This will be my first community dorfing fort on the forums. :3 As well as my first attempt at getting into character for my posts. I'll try and keep all names on this post as time goes on, and if you don't recognize any usernames on it as names come in, that's because I'm also doing it on the DF subreddit.

I'll hopefully have a prologue post soon. And if you're wondering where we'll be setting up, I aim for a mountain somewhere within siege distance of a necromancer tower, goblins, and a modded race sort-of-my-own devising Metallicons. I'm also doing a theme to my fort, basing it off Warhammer 40k and the first mega-project will be carving a tower from the mountain and flattening the ground to all one level for other stuff. ALL HIPPIES! WILL! BE! PURGED!

If you want to be dorfed, I've got a place for a list, and if you want to try and make a suitably punny 'dwarfhammer' job name, go ahead.

SIGN ME UP! This'll be interesting.

Dorf me as Airith; Headmistress (makes sense in context)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:32:27 pm »

SIGN ME UP! This'll be interesting.

Dorf me as Airith; Headmistress (makes sense in context)
[/quote]

Alright! I'll edit the post with the current dwarves. (once I figure out how to...)

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 03:56:44 am »

derp.
you press the button syaing edit modify at the top right corner of a post that you posted.
the quote button is beside it.
also dorf me:
Templar Imic! Purger of Greenskins!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:59:09 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:10:31 am »

*Templar*

Using your phone too?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:45:25 am »

*Templar*

Using your phone too?
yes. carp.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 10:36:19 am »

Yeaaah. I accidentally removed the top/needed bit of the 'quote' function. XD And thanks! I'm used to looking for "edit" as opposed to "modify".

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 12:08:52 pm »

OOC: Sorry for the double post.
-----------------------------------------------------
The sounds of metal striking stone ring through grand halls, coming from deep pits of stairs and ropes. The sounds dim slightly as the clinking of metal chain and metal plates scraping and bumping fill the still air many find discomforting. But not for the Dwarves of the Digperium! Soon the hall is filled with stout, armored, bearded beings. The Emperor's finest marching out to do battle with the foul goblins of the dark pits and their demonic overlords enroaching from every side. These are the armies of The Special Rock, armies all have learned to fear. No disgusting hippy, no human, no goblin, no troll, not even the beings from below could hope to match their might!

It fills me with joy to write these sacred words. I have been chosen to lead a small band of our finest citizens out to establish an outpost against the vile human magic users who've been spotted at a tower of pure evil. I can almost feel it's taint through the walls of the Mountain Home! The Emperor himself has asked me to do this. I shall not fail him. We have chosen an area of the world nearby that seems to be a likely spot.

A map is sketched below

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As we discussed over the map, we chose a location that could be easily defended and project our power across a significant chunk of land. And we shall show everyone how the Digperium does business with nature! The Hippies shall be shown our power even further!

Another map

14th of Granite
After several days of traveling our small band of the Emperor's children have arrived at what will be known as Goldenpaged. I swear to the almighty Emperor and Armok that we shall live up to that name. That all shall look up to our level of honor and glory so that the pages of the books that tell of our exploits will need golden pages to give us the proper respect! One of the many that live around here warned us about jaguars. They shant be an issue for some of the Emperor's finest! I've quickly sketched out our surroundings.

A sketched 'map' is below

-----------------------------------------------
OOC: I hope that was good. This is my first time doing something like this. And uh, yeah. How do I add pictures? I'll modify this post with them once I know how to.

As for why this is so short, I'm out of time for now so this is basically a prologue.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:24:15 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 02:41:50 pm »

Lol, modify, then click the picture icon at the top.

Post your image(s) on Imgur,

Copy the DIRECT link

Paste the URL here

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 03:26:06 pm »

Lol, modify, then click the picture icon at the top.

Post your image(s) on Imgur,

Copy the DIRECT link

Paste the URL here

Thank you! Alright, I've added the images now. I do wish I could have gotten the civ for the Metallicons working. :2 I haven't seen anything from them so I'm assuming I'm missing something very, very important to get them to be a civ. Oh well, purging the undead and the hippies will be glorious anyway.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »

Y'know, I'm imic_ from reddit, as well as imic from minecraft. And imic here. Also, if you see the name Gordek anywhere, it's most likely me.
Just- make a templar imic. And name a section of the miliatary the templar order, devoted to Armok, and purgers of greenskin cabáiste.
I will also act as a back - up arcitecht. Prepare for incoming architecture.
I just had the best idea.
NickName the candy mines 'the pits of despair'! An accurate idea of what happens to the miners.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:31:28 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:54 pm »

Will you allow RPing?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

NickName the candy mines 'the pits of despair'! An accurate idea of what happens to the miners.

....Yes. I will do that. XD Sounds awesome.

Will you allow RPing?

Absolutely! I'd enjoy seeing how your dwarves react to what the hell is happening around them, and to see what sorts of plots and junk happen. ;) Oh, Hippy:Dwarfhammer:Heresy:Warhammer40k

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 12:36:43 am »

Build an inn in the mines to keep the miner's morale up, and name it the pits of despair
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 04:37:20 pm »

Build an inn in the mines to keep the miner's morale up, and name it the pits of despair

Don't you mean 'The Mugs of Morale'? XD

Pages: [1] 2 3 4