Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GLORY TO THE DIGPERIUM  (Read 5688 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: GLORY TO THE DIGPERIUM
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 08:21:32 am »

Reclaimation, #1

Did I go out fighting?

Maybe? There was so much happening I couldn't check on who was doing what. ^^; And the fact I tried to put unneeded people in the military, as opposed to everyone, probably means Airith just ran away until she got cornered and then had to fight back that way.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 09:00:05 am »

At the bar in Dwarfalla...

"And then I swung me hammer at the right one an he flew back 35 urists!"

"Really! That's amazing, you must've been a mighty warrior!"

"Nah, I was the forts premiere engraver! Ya shoulda seen the one bout that elf-lovin mayor of ours I did! Put that bastard in his place I did!"

*In comes Imic*

"Really Airith? Really?"

"Nope! I hid in me room like a babe and when that zed walked in I threw me pick at it, and he got me! Hope the bugger chokes on me bones! Though his sight ain't worth an elf's ass now!"

"How so?"

"Because, me pick lodged so far in there, I think his undead brain is seeing it! When our souls return, Ima gonna be lookin for him! An when's I does, I'll have me a nice new rug!"

*Laughter and roaring applause rings out*
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:47 am »

Yes, TIR, that will happen. XD And everyone on embark will have some fighting skill in order to kill the zombies outside, then dig into the fortress and kill the six inside. And I'll be a proper primarch rather than just a bunch of administrative skills. (Also, this was my full initiation into the DF community! It wasn't save deletion, but proper 'everyone-is-dead' !!FUN!!)

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 10:52:27 am »

Yes, TIR, that will happen. XD And everyone on embark will have some fighting skill in order to kill the zombies outside, then dig into the fortress and kill the six inside. And I'll be a proper primarch rather than just a bunch of administrative skills. (Also, this was my full initiation into the DF community! It wasn't save deletion, but proper 'everyone-is-dead' !!FUN!!)

Welcome to the Brotherhood of DF veterans!

Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »

Ok, I'm sigging that. ...How do I sig?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 05:46:08 pm »

Lol, just go to profile, and its one of the settings tabs. Just click quote on whatever post you want to SIG, then copy it all and paste it in your settings box...

And thanks for digging me

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 09:00:42 pm »

Lol, just go to profile, and its one of the settings tabs. Just click quote on whatever post you want to SIG, then copy it all and paste it in your settings box...

And thanks for digging me

You're welcome! (I had to add a little bit to it fyi so there wasn't any wrong context just in case.)

To everyone else: I'm accepting names for people to be dorfed come time for the reclaiming! I don't know if I should continue it here or make a new topic titled 'Glory to the Digperium: Reclamation' Which should I do?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 09:06:31 pm »

GLORY TO DIGPERIUM: WE WILL SURVIVE THIS TIME

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »

GLORY TO DIGPERIUM: WE WILL SURVIVE THIS TIME

XD Hopefully. Now I know that only three melee dwarves, two who are barely trained and one of those forgoes an actual weapon, and four crossbowdwarves is a bad idea. I need to just go full on 10 dwarf training squads. And find some flipping flux-stone...

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »

Digperium Reclaim Fixes
-All dwarves in reclaim have some form of a weapon and armor and the skills for it.

-Once the fortress is reclaimed have all dwarves with little to do like hunters, peasants, fisherdwarves, etc put into military service as either Astartes with all year around training, or into the Digperium Guard with differing schedules. Officers train for three months at a time in order to get skills to train the basic, every-other-month Digperium Guardsdwarves. Five dwarves per squad until we have plenty of idle dwarves for filled squads.

-In the event of a siege, everyone is conscripted to be trained every other month, making sure that in the event of more than one person doing the same job to spread them out so we don't suddenly lose production in a given job every other month.

-Watch towers for each Digperium Guard squad must have paths and buildings created above ground to shoot at any undead that get close.

OK! Here's what I have as fixes-y-things for when I (technically we with the other six who join in the reclaiming), go to reclaim the Digperium Outpost of Goldenpages (Goldenpaged? I forget and am too lazy to look). If anyone has ideas to add to this glorious endeavor, please say! I will read them all.

Now, I won't be doing it for a while yet. I'm waiting for LNP to be updated to version 43yaddayadda (.43yaddayadda?). This is simply planning and is a way for you to say who and how you want to be dorfed as!

The Emperor Protects!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »

Airith's spirit will rejoin of course

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 10:14:28 pm »

As a Headmistress of course?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 07:10:20 am »

You have to ask?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 07:25:23 am »

I would like to be dorfed as the bookkeeper/trader/paperwork man as LordBrassroast the Sigillite.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 10:59:52 am »

You have to ask?

Just making sure. :p Some people have changed their professions from fort-to-fort/reclaim.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4