Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46214 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The Second Era
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2016, 08:21:13 pm »

Sub-Turn 13: Definitely the Premature End of The World [Seriously, no comeback is possible now]

Fredegar, Proelior and Saraab's ~Mélée à Trois~
Fredegar shoots a strong blast of Void into the Rift and uses some Void to heal his wound.

Fredegar proceeds to create 12 Swords of the Void that will impale every God still alive while he magically makes beards appear on the 2 Gods Chin that will slowly turn them towards the Void. Then he touches the Crust of the world releasing into it Void that will consume the weakened world.

"I guess I have no choice but to continue on alone if no one will join us! Though there is someone in mind."

Kill Fredegar. Bombard Rift with all of my ether.

Shield myself from Fredegard's Void sword. Build up my strength
Fredegar: Void shot:[4] 12 Sword attack:[5] Defense:[4] Beard Spell:[2]
Proelior: Kill:[5] Ether shot:[4] Defense:[2] Spellresist:[5]
Saraab: Shield:[6]>[4] Secret:[3] Spellresist:[6]>[3]

Free, Fredegar fires a pure blast of "Void" toward the Rift.
Suddenly Saraab jumps on the trajectory of the beam, raising his shield to fend off the blast. He manages to deflect a part of it, and must step out and throw his shield as the Void begins to devour his existence.
As soon as the invisible and space-deforming element connects with the Rift's surface, it ripples like a wave, expanding the Rift.
Rift Size +5% (of original size)
Saraab loses 9000 Energy

He then begins to create 12 sword shaped projectiles made of Void. They are not artifact though, as Fredegar wouldn't have enough Void and Energy for such a feat. Those are just Void enhanced projectiles.
[Ether and Void are not used in "Healing"]He also use his Energy to heal himself, managing to ease his wounds.
Fredegar is Wounded

Simultaneously you attempt to cast a corrupting Beard spell on the Gods.
Fredegar loses 18000 Energy [Swords], 6000 Energy [Spell]
and 120 Void [Swords]+600[Blast]

Proelior :
The 12 swords fly toward their respective targets, as Proelior is charging to destroy Fredegar once for all. To focused on the offense, he fails to dodge or deflect the sword coming straight for his chest.
A feeling of oblivion devouring him from the inside grasps him as the sword promptly pierces him. But despite the horrible sensation, he keeps going, throwing all his weapons at Fredegar.
Proelior loses 3000 Energy

While the biggest brunt of the attack is nullified by the Void, Proelior manages to bypass the defense with sheer skill and lacerates Fredegar. He pins Fredegar, immobilizing him.
Fredegar is Badly Wounded and is Riddled with Proelior's Feathers

He overpowers the Beard spell by such a margin that some of Fredegar's own beard burns away as a result, making him lose power.
Proelior loses his remaining Energy
Fredegar loses 3000 Energy
and 100 Void

In his raging assault, Proelior didn't pay attention to his Energy reserves. He suddenly feels heavy.
Proelior is Exhausted

Simultaneously, Proelior fires all his Ether at the Rift, shaping it in a massive Javelin. He has few Ether left, so the attack isn't as effective as it should be.
Rift Size -5% (of original size)

Saraab :
Saraab deflects the Void sword with his lance, making it shatters and explode in a burst of pure energy. This energy is fired toward Fredegar, who takes moderate damage.
Fredegar is Moderately Burnt by Energy

Saraab resists the beard spell, burning more of Fredegar's beard away. But the cumulated effort of deflecting the Void blast, the sword-shaped Void charged projectile and the divine beard spell took its toll on you.
color=orange]Fredegar loses his remaining Energy[/color]
and 50 Void
Saraab is Tired
Fredegar is Exhausted

Proelior
…try to help He Who Flies.
[Action Denied. Exhausted and in Battle]
Spoiler: Fredegar Secret Action (click to show/hide)

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends
"I have... had a revelation. What time truly is. And I... might be able to save myself. Go ahead and take my Ether if this fails, though."

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends examined his time flow. His life flowed on. Every particle of his being moved through time at a certain rate. They could not be bent, sent astray, sent back, but they could be hastened and slowed. He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends converted some amount of his Ether into Energy, as much as was needed for his plan: he manipulated time. Every particle of his being moved through time... but he gripped the particles of his being that were escaping... the particles of his being that made up his wound. And he stopped their time flowing. In short: stasis of his wound. If that succeeds, he attempts to rest and regain Energy.

I appear to he who flys through... and extend my hand saying...
Brother, I can not save you, but I can use you to prevent the end of all... If sucessful I will use anything that remains of you to bring about a 'new begining'... yet I ask for without your consent to consume you I may still fail...
[if FallacyofUrist accepts or doesn't reply I eat him as painlessly As I can before blasting the rift with 1/2 of any essence gained]
The closeness of oblivion enlightened the God of Cycles and Time's Flow with knowledge of the gears of the Universe. Time's Flow. He understood everything.
[3] Burning the few Ether that was left in him, he managed to create some Energy. But too weak to use it to restore his True Form, he attempted something else.
As a creation of the Protearchs, every law they created before applied to him. And so Time also flowed inside him.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends converts 50 Ether into 5000 Energy
and then use 5000 Energy

He barely managed to slow the flow of his wounds to its very limit. Thankfully for him, he was not a creature of blood of flesh, meaning inner Time Flow incoherence wouldn't disrupt his non-existent metabolism.

But weakened as he was, he couldn't completely stop himself from dying. It should allow him to last longer, and recover some Energy.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends's Time Flow has been Greatly Slowed
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends is Very Very Slowly Dying

He then attempts to rest.
Fate Roll: [1]
Stopping his Time from flowing consumed more Energy than he could recover. As such, he felt like he was only delaying his inevitable doom... And as in reacting to his imminent death, all his Ether forcefully turns into Energy in a desperate attempt to save the dying god.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends converts 57 Ether into 5700 Energy
But it was useless, as He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends kept losing his Energy slowly...

Gasnareth Imrep appeared at this very moment. His brother was broken, weakened and dying. Nearly nothing of use was left in him, as he was nearly a husk right now.
[2] Gasnareth Imrep spoke to his brother, proposing him to end his torment. He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends reluctantly accepted, seeing he was nearing his end.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends was consumed by Gasnareth Imrep

He consumed him with mercy, only managing to absorb a sliver of power.
Gasnareth Imrep recovers 5000 Energy
Gasnareth is no longer Exhausted

[No Ether, can't continue action]

You had no Ether left. The World has none left either. You just looked at the Rift, and the vain struggle between the gods up there...
Dodge that sword roll : [2]
A Void sword suddenly strikes you directly. Without Ether to counteract the Void, your True Form begins to dissipate.
Gasnareth is Vanishing into nothingness

Kahn
Continue healing, also evacuate all amazons into the temple
[1] > [4] As you kept trying to heal, your Ether suddenly poured out of your wounds in a mad stream, inflicting your immense pain and burning away your Energy. In a strange fit of luck, it closed all your wounds, but made you feel completely Exhausted.
Kahn is Stabilized.
Kahn is Exhausted.
Kahn loses all her Energy
and 600 Ether

As a result, you can't even move to gather your amazons into the temple. Only a few of them managed to get inside.

Dodge that sword roll : [1]>[4]
Suddenly a Void sword breaks the ceiling of the Temple and strikes you in the head. Your Ether manages to purge the sword away, saving you from instant death. But the wound is real, and you are back into a critical state.
Kahn is Badly Wounded.

Lux
lux has come up with a better idea open my own rift grab any gods who are still loyal and shove the world through it sealing the rift behind us they can have the universe I'm taking anything important casually throw atians creatures off the planet to their creator.!
[1]>[2] [Hahaha, I love how every attempt at opening a Rift/creating a dimension ends up in beautiful mess up]
The Universe may crumble, but you will never give up. If you can't beat them here, you can escape to another place.

You twisted space and reality, tearing another rift through the dimensional barrier. All your Energy is poured into the task, as an even bigger opening is ripped through the dimensional barrier. What you see beyond the rift is pure nothingness.

Before you can even realize your error, an endless mass of Void pours inside your dimension.

Dodge that sword roll : [2]
Fate Roll : [2]
Out of nowhere a Void sword strikes you in the back. Like serving as a beacon, the sword attracts the Void that just began to pour out of the Rift you opened.
You are engulfed by it, crushed and dragged into the Rift.
"FATE BIND YOU ALL.
FOR WE ARE...

Lux has vanished from existence
+Second Even Bigger Rift/b]

The Ancestor
In a last act of desperation, he would break down not only his armor and his spear, but his entire being and begin using it to close the rift. Even if he died, life would flourish without him. But the world needed ether to survive, and that means he had to seal the rift before the rest of it was completely sucked out.
[1]>[3] In an act of desperation, exhausted of all your Ether and nearly out of Energy, you ignited your True Body, engulfing yourself in a divine radiance.
You had no Ether, so your consumed your very Existence to close the nearly closed Rift. You could felt it, closing.

More...more...so close !

And when the Rift was on the verge of being sealed once and for all, you ran out of power. Then you could swear you saw the Rift form a wicked smile in the chaotic skies.
A smile that suddenly widened into a mad mockery.

Then behind you, you felt something. Using the last once of your being, you looked back... And saw a new and even bigger Rift. What kind of wicked destiny was that.

Why. You asked yourself before vanishing into nothingness.
The Ancestor has vanished from existence

WORLD ACTIONS
Empowered Decimarch Roll : [5]
The Rift suddenly opened even more after The Ancestor sacrificed himself. But the Empowered Decimarch, pumping even more of its power into itself, managed to finally close the Rift.
+Rift has been closed

Then it turned back and saw an even bigger Rift.

It immediately teleported to the other Rift, driven by its mission.

[5] Blasting the incoming Void with a beam of Ether from his four heads, it sent it back right into the Rift.
[6]>[2] Then it grabbed the Rift and once again applied immense strength to close it. The Rift size reduced by half, it seemed like the Decimarch would manage to close it.

Until it suddenly stopped glowing golden. Its halves split once more, and it lost its incredible aura.
+Decimarch is not Empowered anymore. It is nearly out of energy

PLAYERS STATUS

Spoiler: Fredegar-Only (click to show/hide)

WORLD STATUS

RIFT ClOSED
SECOND RIFT FAR BIGGER THAN FIRST ONE
SECOND RIFT SIZE: 50% of original size
SOMETHING IN THE RIFT
WORLD ETHER EXHAUSTED

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Non-Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:25:47 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2016, 08:22:18 pm »

rest
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 18, 2016, 08:22:57 pm »

Seriously. AbstractTraitorHero's roll couldn't have gone even more wrong haha.

The Universe is definitely going to end now.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 18, 2016, 08:31:00 pm »

(Abstract, I hate you so much right now. you basically screwed us over along with the lord of cycles. YOU DO NOT THINK WITH PORTALS EARLY ON!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 18, 2016, 08:40:52 pm »

(Abstract, I hate you so much right now. you basically screwed us over along with the lord of cycles. YOU DO NOT THINK WITH PORTALS EARLY ON!)
((Especially when two Gods previously did the same mistake :P
So unexpected I couldn't stop smiling when the [1]>[2] rolled in !))

edit: leaving this here :
From Bad to Worse
Nice Job Breaking It Hero
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:42:35 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 18, 2016, 08:43:18 pm »

((Especially when two Gods previously did the same mistake :P
So unexpected I couldn't stop smiling when the [1]>[2] rolled in !))
(I laughed, I cried, and I swore violently. I don't suppose there will be a second round of this after it ends?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 18, 2016, 08:45:12 pm »

(I laughed, I cried, and I swore violently. I don't suppose there will be a second round of this after it ends?)
((Depends on demand. If the players want to go on again, I will gladly launch another game.
But this time, I will probably try to think of more mechanics. We will see.

Also, what I loved with this game was that I really rolled in with what the dices threw at me.))

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 18, 2016, 08:54:09 pm »

Driven mad by the deaths of his brothers, Saraab does something no one could have expected.

Open a portal of my own to a safe new universe, and get the hell out of dodge. Make sure to close it behind me before I leave. See ya suckers!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:10 pm »

what I loved with this game was that I really rolled in with what the dices threw at me.))
Nothing's better than finding cool ways to fit things with what the RNG says. Fudging rolls is a really bad habit to get into, so "Yeah! Keep it up!"

Also, was the pun there intended?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 18, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »

((Depends on demand. If the players want to go on again, I will gladly launch another game.
But this time, I will probably try to think of more mechanics. We will see.

Also, what I loved with this game was that I really rolled in with what the dices threw at me.))
((I'd Go again, Specially Since I was a Bit late this time, But just a Suggestion For the next Round; Put down some Basic "Rules" For Players to Eventually break, For Example: DON'T TRY TO CREATE YOUR OWN FRIKEN DIMENSION!))
Knowing His Time may be a bit Short, Gasnareth Imrep Eats Plant life Like a Starving Vegan, Adopting a Harvester like Shape to Speed this Up.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 18, 2016, 09:06:48 pm »

what I loved with this game was that I really rolled in with what the dices threw at me.))
Nothing's better than finding cool ways to fit things with what the RNG says. Fudging rolls is a really bad habit to get into, so "Yeah! Keep it up!"

Also, was the pun there intended?
Of course it was ! :)

((I'd Go again, Specially Since I was a Bit late this time, But just a Suggestion For the next Round; Put down some Basic "Rules" For Players to Eventually break, For Example: DON'T TRY TO CREATE YOUR OWN FRIKEN DIMENSION!))
Aaaw, but removing the little paper reading "DO NOT OPEN" on the little jar spewing evil takes away all the fun ! :D
But I do admit that the dimension travel dangers were kind of unforeseeable for players. Woops ?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Gasnareth hears something. A tiny voice. Coming from what's left of He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends' energy...

"The end. For real, this time."

((No in-game effect.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

((Well he is a determinator so he can try this though I doubt this will work.))
expel the darkness with my determination and the fire in my soul I can't fail.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, but you can fail. You already did. And it was horrible.))

If it's even possible for me to deal damage in my current state, try to finish Fredegar off. If not, try to help Saraab with escape portal and get out of dodge.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well he is a determinator so he can try this though I doubt this will work.))
expel the darkness with my determination and the fire in my soul I can't fail.
((You are Deader than Dead ! Fate already decided to erase you from existence.))
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38