Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46167 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The Second Era
« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

(so long name is attacking me, In attacking Fredegar, and Fredegar is attacking Ame. Shall we roll for initiative? :P)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 16, 2016, 11:03:50 pm »

((Edit: by the way, The Black Palace is still listed as existent. Part of me hopes that it adapted to survive, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.))
((Ah...right. I forgot to take it out from the Unique Beings list. Done.
RIP Black Palace. You will be missed.))

(so long name is attacking me, In attacking Fredegar, and Fredegar is attacking Ame. Shall we roll for initiative? :P)
((In that case I guess I will just make simultaneous rolls, and see what happen. We will see.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2016, 11:17:48 pm »

Bombard the Rift with Ether. Then find Fredegar and shred him to pieces. Also, rally the Amazons. Giving up in the face of oblivion is breaking my teachings.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:23:28 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2016, 11:20:38 pm »

Bombard the Rift with Ether. Then find Fredegar and shred him to pieces.
(Hey, get in line!)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2016, 04:40:24 am »

~A bit of Pest Control~
The ancestor would emerge again, and put himself between the blade and Sarrab. Channeling 25 points of ether into energy, he would attempt to deflect the blade strike and protect one of the remaining few worth saving.
"You two will meet your end soon enough, and I will see to it myself!"
He then summons a blood red spear with a bone white tip, an artifact weapon of his own, and moves to finish off the lord of cycles. He would channel the rest of both their ether into sealing the rift.
"We are the flame that will drive back these traitors and invaders Sarrab, do not give up hope!"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:10:41 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2016, 05:58:02 am »

Fredegar will consume the endless amount of that invisible energy to regain ether and energy

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47:16 am »

Orders for the reaper: the world may be ending so you might as well go Steal one of those godly weapons and try to hack down (in order of importance) Fredegar, Lux, Anyone who is directly trying to piss me off by killing Ame.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:15 am »

"I'M TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD HERE!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2016, 11:17:26 am »

[b[With the possible last bit of strength kill my attacker
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »

Sub-Turn 11 : Premature End of the World ? (part 2)

Tomasque
((Yup. Well, it's soda and popcorn time for me.  ;D))
"Enjoy the scene ! Popcorn and soda is free here !"

Kahn
[b[With the possible last bit of strength kill my attacker
Your Energy is bleeding, your True Form is critically wounded... This fool... Whoever he is or who helped him, you will smite him with all your power ! As you power up and burn all your remaining forces in an attack...the Pelagic is forced to reveal himself as The Ancestor ! This treacherous individual, it was him all along !

Kahn: [2]
The Ancestor [3]-1 [Exhausted]

Kahn loses all her Energy (4400)
The Ancestor loses 500 Energy

He probably at least expected a desperate reaction from you.
Out of desperation, you fire all your remaining Energy at the Ancestor. He will feel your hatred.
The Ancestor actually appears a bit surprised, and reacts sluggishly. He seems to have few Energy left...

The divine attack connects, turning the surroundings to a seared plain. Both of you are still standing, your attack wasn't as powerful as expected, probably because of your wound. You still managed to damage his True Form, but not to a serious extent, because of the Armor of the Reborn that absorbed a large part of your attack.

Kahn is Exhausted
The Ancestor is Wounded

Gasnareth Imrep
ACTIONS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: EAT COWERING HUMANS, MAKE MAGIC, FORCE EVERYONE TO LEARN MAGIC, ???, PROFIT ENSURE OWN SURVIVAL!!!
Spoiler: "ORDER Magic" (click to show/hide)
[6] > [5] You consume much more humans than necessary to fill your Ether capacity, killing the already weakened Humans by the Cataclysm unfolding.
Gasnareth Imrep recovers all his Energy
and all his Ether
+Humans close to extinct

Now fully charged, you tear the strings of reality to create your Magic in haste.
Gasnareth Imrep loses 2000 Energy
and 200 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
The Order Magic is fully created. But there is something you should know as a Divine Entity. All that you can create can't ever surpass your own Divinity, or something unbound by the rules of your world... Your magic may help mortals help a little, but it won't allow them to overcome a force they and you can't even comprehend.
+Order Magic

[5] Via a massive telepathic power, you forcefully implant the knowledge of Order Magic in all possible beings..
Gasnareth loses 10000 Energy
+All still-alive sapient species know Order Magic. Except Humans.

Lux
Consume all those who wish to help to get Ether then try to close the portal!
[1] > [5] You ask to the rallied species who wish to sacrifice themselves to power yourself, so that you can save the world. They are all shocked by this proposition, and show unwillingness at sacrificing themselves. Then when they realize gods like Gasnareth are not even asking for the opinion of mortals... they accept, and many sacrifice themselves.
Lux recovers all his Energy
and all his Ether

You then head for the Rift. The Decimarch and Ame are here, struggling to close it.
[1] > [4] You approach too close from the Rift, and fail to see the invisible mass leaking and coming at you. You are caught in a torrent of the substance...

...It is an indescribable and horrible sensation. It feels as if -whatever this thing is- it is turning your existence into nothingness. Like erasing you slowly from reality.

You instinctively know what it is... It is Void.

In a desperate attempt to protect yourself, you expel your Ether, burning the Void mass.
Lux loses 750 Ether
Lux is Badly Wounded

Fredegar
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends
Saraab
Proelior
Fredegar will consume the endless amount of that invisible energy to regain ether and energy
Consume the Holy Beards and all creations that I have created to regain as much ether as possible.

"I knew that eventually I would have to leave your side Ame, for I am the Celestial Selector!"

Fredegar's Ether turns a dark black

Use Elemental Magic along combined with Dark Ether to create a sword and pierce Ame's heart. Then help the invisible force breakthrough and invite all the races to join me!

((PLOT TWIST))

"Join me my fellow gods!"

Take the sword. That's all the power I need. Dismantle it, taking all its energy and ether, and join the Skyborn in battle consume the Skyborn's ether! Create the opposite of White Magic, Black Magic (honestly, at this point I don't care what it does), teach the Dryads it, and order them to help stop the invasion absorb the power of the Skyborn, Dryads, and White magic! Level up! Replace the useless stones in my body with gears and metalic alloys, powering up my lance and shield, and use the Skyborn's knowledge of flight to create wings! Attack Fredegar!

If these are to be our final days, let us see who is the mightier god.

He Who Is The Herald of The End pushes a little of his Ether into the form of energy, and changes time's flow so he has the time to speak that he wishes to have.

"So. Is this to be how it ends? So soon? This is not the natural cycle ending of a god. But then again... are any cycle endings natural? Even a death by old age is the crumbling of one's body...no, there are no natural cycle endings. So. You want my Ether? To save us all, except me and those who have already died? You wish to forestall the end? Humph. Well, it was inevitable. We all have the urge to survive, to continue, to go on. Even me. So is this to be my end? Is it? Is it really? And... if you wanted my help, you could have asked without bringing me to death's door. And I would have been happy to give you all of my Ether that I could reasonably give in order to keep the rift closed, because I bloody want to live as much as all of us do. And although I recognize the futility of our actions in the long run... they still have meaning. They still have life. We can still live. The cycles are inevitable, but every bit of life can and should be cherished. No waste."

"Now that I've said my peace... you know what? No. No, I've made my decision. I have a better idea. How about instead of you making my end and using my Ether, how about it's the other way around? You think it's impossible, don't you? Well, think again. I think Luck owes me. EAT THIS, ONE WHO SHALL FACE THE END! I SHALL SURVIVE!"

He Who Is The Herald Of The End takes his Ether, all but a very small amount, turns it to energy, and uses it to fire In Finem Superbiae as a high-velocity projectile, with accelerated movement through time, at Saraab. If the attack succeeds(enough, anyway), He Who Is The Herald Of The End will attempt to drain Saraab of his Ether and Energy and use it to heal himself, before grabbing In Finem Superbiae and teleporting away.

Bombard the Rift with Ether. Then find Fredegar and shred him to pieces. Also, rally the Amazons. Giving up in the face of oblivion is breaking my teachings.

Fredegar Ether Absorption : [1] > [5]
You try to absorb the special Ether firing into the Rift, but the coherence of this Ether is surpassing your Divinity ! As such, your Ether and Energy are instead absorbed by the flow.
Fredegar loses all his Ether and Energy.

Then a stream separates itself from the bigger one and comes willingly to you, filling you with Ether. You hear Ame's voice :
"Take this Ether and put it to good use."
Fredegar recovers all his Ether and Energy

Fredegar on Ame :
[4] There is no such thing as "Dark Ether". Ether everything at once, it is neither "Good" nor "Bad". The only thing that could be called "Dark Ether" would be..."Void".

You hear a laugh from beyond the Rift.
"IT IS ALL WRITTEN"

Your Ether turns into Void. Your existence shifts. You are no longer the same as before, you are different... what are you ?
Fredegar's Ether turned into Void.

Fredegar loses 2500 Energy
and 250 Void
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
Void is a "substance" whose very principle contradicts everything created with Ether. As such, as soon as you create your sword, it collapses onto itself, and reforms as a pure Void sword, having purged itself of any trace of Elemental Magic.

Backstab :
Fredegar: [6] > [3]
Ame: [3] [No bonus because of surprise and wounds]

Realizing with horror what is happening to you, Ame turns toward you and stays shocked for maybe a second. A fatal second. You could feel a crushing despair inside his soul, like if all they did was in the end for naught.

You pierce Ame with the Void sword directly in his True Form. The already wounded Ame tries to stop the sword with his powers at the last second, but fail to do so. The Void is gnawing at his Ether, but it won't be enough to kill a Protearch. Furthermore, the Ether from the Protearch is still burning so strong that your Void sword vanishes from the too strong Ether !

Ame Fate Roll : [1] [Not subject to second overroll]
Ame suddenly turns back, toward the rift. A massive amount of Void -like a titanic hand- appeared just behind him, motionless like the axe of the executioner. It is waiting for his last words.
"Despite knowing what you were, me and my siblings fought. Knowing we couldn't win. Knowing only despair would await us. But still…we hoped. And we regretted nothing."

The hand closes on Ame, crushing him and dragging him into the Rift.
Ame vanished from existence.

Saraab and He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends
He Who... Fate Roll : [2]
As you rage against the treacherous Saraab, you attempt to turn your Ether into Energy to make him pay. But the binding is preventing you from doing anything.
Saraab laughs at your pathetic struggle, and strip In Finem Superbiae from you and break it down in front of you, absorbing its Energy and Ether.
Saraab recovers 2500 Energy
and 250 Ether

He then leaves, teleporting away, leaving you like this.

Saraab
You absorb the "power", which in itself means the bodies, of all Skyborns and Dryads. You also break down White Magic into Energy and Ether.
Saraab recovers all his Energy
and all his Ether
Saraab consumes 1000 Ether to increase his divinity stage
Energy Capacity increased to 50000 Energy
Ether Capacity and 2500 Ether
Energy Recovery increased to 2500 Energy when under 5000
Ether Recovery increased to 100 Ether when under 200
Maximum size: Thrice the Mt Everest

With this transformation, you also change your True Form. Replacing rock with metal gears, and growing wings, he now appears as a Machinegod. Pouring even more Energy into the temporary Lance and Shield, he flies toward Fredegar.
Saraab loses 10000 Energy

Proelior
You unleash a barrage of Ether enhanced projectiles against the Rift. The feathers from your wing turn gold and fires toward the Rift in a devastating rain.
Proelior loses 200 Ether

[2] Your attack doesn't even seem to do a scratch on the massive Rift.

You see Fredegar stabbing Ame not far, and Ame's True Form being crushed and dragged into the Rift. You fly toward Fredegar...

~Mélée à Trois~ Fredegar, Saraab and Proelior
Fredegar: [2]
Saraab: [3]+1 [Higher Divinity Stage]
Proelior: [4]

Having just stabbed Ame and proclaimed itself "Celestial Selector", Fredegar is laughing in a malevolent way. He notices too late the two gods coming right at his throat.

Saraab appears at maximum size, overflowing with new power and with an awe-inspiring mechanical form. He instantly stabs you from front to back with the temporary Lance he created.
Then Proelior, nearly at the same time, appears and unleashes all his weapons on you. They pierce your True Form with thousand holes.
Their Ether...is burning. It is an horrible sensation, like a never-ending furnace. Ether is toxic to "Void", their Ether is overpowering your Void. Thanks to your full Energy reserves, you manage to endure the attack.
Fredegar is Heavily Wounded

Gasnareth Imrep
Orders for the reaper: the world may be ending so you might as well go Steal one of those godly weapons and try to hack down (in order of importance) Fredegar, Lux, Anyone who is directly trying to piss me off by killing Ame.
You send this command to the Reaper. Poor Reaper is once again confused.
Fredegar first. He just lost his Void sword, so he is a no-go.
Lux ? He doesn't even have a divine artifact.
As for ones trying to harm Ame… well, he is gone.
Kinill is confused

WORLD ACTIONS :
The Decimarch :
"PROTEARCH OF SOUL EXISTENCE SIGNATURE UNDETECTABLE
VOID CORE DETECTED IN PROTEARCH CREATION
PRIORITY: DIMENSIONAL BREACH
TODO NEXT: ELIMINATE VOID EXISTENCE AND HAVE REVENGE
"

[6] > [2] Many streams of Ether rising from the World are converging in the back of the Sun/Moon sized Decimarch. Suddenly greatly empowered, it applies a titanic force to the Rift, and at first succeed into greatly closing it.

But in the process, the Decimarch forsake any protection, and the entity from the Rift won't let it do as it please.
Million invisible spikes impale the Decimarch, slowly dragging it into the Rift.
[3] The Decimarch resists painstakingly, only managing to slow down his inevitable fall into oblivion.
+Rift Size -30%
Decimarch getting dragged into the Rift.

World Roll : [2]
Having poured nearly all its remaining Ether into the Decimarch and the closing of the Rift, the World is growing weaker and weaker. It can't keep up with the Rift growing.
+Rift Size: +10%

Cosmic Entity :
"STRUGGLE AS YOU MAY
YOUR END IS NEAR."

Something is beginning to come out from the Rift. It is not mere Void this time. This is something else. Something terrible. Something insanely powerful.

Meanwhile, BeardAlon found BeardJudar. Believing BeardJudar to be responsible of opening the rift and bringing Ill Illah into the world. [Though funnily, it is not so far fetched from Magi's Ill Illah...]
BeardAlon: [5]
BeardJudar: [5]

They are evenly matched ! The clash of the two Bearded Magi is sending strands of beard hair in a kilometer wide radius !
Bearded Magi clash: massive beard hairs emanations

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

RIFT SIZE : Around 60% of initial size
SOMETHING COMING OUT FROM THE RIFT

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Non-Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:33:59 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »

push the ancestor away and try and find a safe place
No sig yet

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »

(Nakeen, you ignored my turn. AGAIN!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2016, 05:27:47 pm »

(Nakeen, you ignored my turn. AGAIN!)
(This time was because of Kahn's attack. I am putting high-priority to your actions as a result. Do you want to flee the battle ?)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2016, 05:30:36 pm »

(Check PMs. if that doesn't amend it, then Yes because I have to deal with the thing that will kill us all regardless)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38