Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46197 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The Second Era
« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2016, 12:09:47 pm »

(I don't think they realize this game is basically gonna be over :P)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »

"HEY GUYS GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND HELP ME KILL THIS ANCIENT EVIL!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2016, 12:16:30 pm »

((I know. I was doing this for comedic value, dammit. But since the fecal matter is hitting the rotary propeller at the moment... I might as well come and try to help you folks out a bit.))

Proelior comes out of his pocket dimension, feeling the ridiculous amounts of energy that have just appeared. Fly over to the Dark Palace. Spread my wings and aim at the Palace. Or the Rift. Whichever is more likely to be the cause of the problem. Prepare all the weapons! ALL OF THEM!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2016, 01:28:43 pm »

((Funny thing, you had the worse possible outcome. And I was going to create you a small pocket dimension, geez. Instead you brought the things I was keeping for much later.
Also, forgot to take all your Energy away. You are now properly at 0))
((Ah, sorry.))

((I know. I was doing this for comedic value, dammit. But since the fecal matter is hitting the rotary propeller at the moment... I might as well come and try to help you folks out a bit.))

Proelior comes out of his pocket dimension, feeling the ridiculous amounts of energy that have just appeared. Fly over to the Dark Palace. Spread my wings and aim at the Palace. Or the Rift. Whichever is more likely to be the cause of the problem. Prepare all the weapons! ALL OF THEM!
((Funnily enough, you will have to roll to see if you didn't get caught by the cosmic horror when in your pocket dimension. Mwahaha, all according to my plans...))

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2016, 03:12:06 pm »

Fredegar and the Holy Beards try to close the portal by using Holyism while BeardAlon and his Kings Candidate go looking for the Dark Bearded Magi because they think it's got something to do with him.

((I atleast wanna watch the outcome of the two magi before the world ends))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:26:35 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »

Sneak out of the dimension. Look for another one to enter.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 16, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »

"A battle? ill deal with the heretics first" show them my other form. the nice one
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:03 pm »

Sub-Turn 10: Premature End of the World ? (part 1)

Lux
Rally all the world agasint this menance use the determination to survive to restore me to full energy and Ether.
Use "determination" : [6] > [2]
You increase your determination to its peak, and you feel your Energy reserves recovering... but your Ether is burning away. You are converting your Ether into Energy.
You recover all your Energy
and lose 200 Ether

Then you send a rallying call to the species of the World. Together, everyone must fight against whatever is emanating from the Rift... But what could mere mortals do against this, when they couldn't even harm a single god ?
Rally roll : [3]

Your call isn't answered positively by everyone. [No secondary over-roll here, would be too complicated]
Humans: [1]
Frells: [2]
Troongs: [2]
Amazons: [2]
Dryads: [2]
Luxlings: [1]
Ains: [1]
Skyborns: [4]
Pelagics: [3]
Death Slugs: [4]
Arradian Beetles: [1]

Of all the races, only the Death Slugs, the Skyborns and part of the Pelagics accept to fight. Every other species cower in fear and despair as what seem to be the Armageddon is coming.
Rallied races: Skyborns, Death Slugs and part of Pelagics

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends was at a loss for comprehension of what just happened.

"stupid. Stupid me. Creating parallel dimensions is a very bad idea. Of all the things I thought might cause this world's end... my own action was not one of them."

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, He Who Has Brought The End of All Things wept for the potential premature ending of the world. Stupid him. He promptly gathered the tiny remnants of his energy and teleported away. As far as he could go without straining his true form.
Secret Action :
You are completely exhausted of your Energy. As you begin to recover some of it, Saraab suddenly appears before you.
Saraab loses 5000 Energy

He creates a temporary shield and lance out of its Divine Energy, wielding them like a warlord.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends: [2]
Saraab: [5]+1

Suddenly he binds you with Divine Energy. You are helpless and unable to move. He says :
This world would be better off with you gone. You are a parasite, but you are my sibling. I will give you the chance to help us did this problem, but if you aren't here to help us, then I will use the remainder of your ether to save this world.

Then with the pulsing divine lance, Saraab impales your True Form. Without Energy, you are left totally helpless. If it keep going, you won't last another ten seconds... He is going to kill you and steal your Ether.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends is Dying
[Considering the rolls and the situation, if Saraab decides to continue on, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends will automatically die.]

Gasnareth Imrep
Realizing something far worse than his portal had been done by someone, Gasnareth imrep thinks quickly and comes up with two Possible Solutions...
Spoiler: "Order Magic" (click to show/hide)
He then decides to attempt the first of the two useing any of Fredegar's Ains that still haven't learnt any magic and any Troongs he can find, Knowing They will rember how to use it...
New Magic Law
Gasnareth Imrep loses 2000 Energy
and 200 Ether. You don't have enough Ether.
You can't create a new law, you lack Ether. No Energy or Ether was lost.

Kahn
retrieve the heretic's and put them on trial
Secret Action :
As you prepare to move, the Pelagic suddenly charges at you.
Pelagic: [4]
Kahn: [2]

The Pelagic stabs you with the strange spear in your back, and twist the wound even further. His strength...is by no mean mortal.
[2] It dawns upon you : this Pelagic is either strengthened by a God, or a God himself. But who ?!

Too late to react though. The spear stroke your True Form in a vital part. This attack is thousand more stronger than the first one.
Kahn bleeds 10000 Energy
Kahn is Critically Wounded

Proelior
Fate Roll : [5]

Proelior suddenly appears out of his "pocket dimension". Actually, it is more like his pocket dimension was forcefully drew back into the initial dimension. He is unharmed and well, but still in a weaker divine form compared to everyone else.

He spreads his wings and draw all his weapons, heading for the Rift.

Fredegar
Fredegar and the Holy Beards try to close the portal by using Holyism while BeardAlon and his Kings Candidate go looking for the Dark Bearded Magi because they think it's got something to do with him.

((I atleast wanna watch the outcome of the two magi before the world ends))
Fredegar and his Holy Beards : [4]
Using "Holyism", you attempt to close the Rift. It initially doesn't work at all, until you accidentally consume Ether to try to close it.
You lose 3000 Energy
You lose 50 Ether

+Rift is a tidbit smaller

Vorenaak
Sneak out of the dimension. Look for another one to enter.
Dimensional Escape Roll : [2]
Vorenaak loses 5000 Energy

You attempt to open a portal to another dimension, can you even do this ? You feel the boundaries of the world, there is a veil separating everything from the elsewhere.
You breach one of these boundaries -Oh-. The veil...seems to be made of Ether. What does it mean ?...

You exited the dimension you were in... and arrived...nowhere.

It feels like you exited a bubble, just to arrive in the sea. The bubble shell was protecting you from what was in the sea, and now it isn't anymore...

There is nothing. You are nothing. There are no laws. Everything you knew doesn't even exist here. An infinite emptiness...

And a voice.

"NONE CAN ESCAPE US.
NONE CAN ESCAPE FATE."

Saving Roll : [2]
An infinite force, like if the whole universe collapsed on you crushes your existence. You don't even have time to react, and what you were is already gone.
Vorenaak vanished from existence.

WORLD ACTIONS :
The Decimarch :

The Sun/Moon suddenly emits a black light. Meanwhile, inside it, a voice echoes :
"DIMENSIONAL ETHER BARRIER BREACH DETECTED.
COUNTERMEASURE SYSTEMS FAILED.
ACTIVATING THE DECIMARCH."

The gigantic Sun/Moon cracks open, and a being comes out from it.

Titanic, radiating with all powerful might. Its body is cloven in two, and is overall as big as the Sun/Moon. Each Halves harbor six wings and sport ten arms and a two heads. The halves are connected on the lower part of the body.

The being immediately teleports to the Rift.
Decimarch Roll : [3]
With its twenty hands, it grabs both sides of the rift and try to close it by force. The Rift sides can be seen moving inward a little, but not by a large margin...
+Rift is a tidbit smaller, but still pretty large

Ame :
Ame awakens and send a message to all :
"There is no time to explain, but this Rift must be closed ! Only Ether will have an effect on the Rift now that they penetrated the Ether Barrier !"

Ame appears next to the Decimarch and sublimates its Ether, making it shines with a blinding light. It attempt to chase the "things" away, but...
Ame Roll : [1] > [4]

"FOOLISH PARASITE.
WE LET YOUR KIN GO ONCE.
ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL END."

A huge invisible mass of something emerges from the Rift. It looks as if the space is twisting strangely around it, giving away its presence. It suddenly crushes Ame, whose True Form is still radiating with Ether.

At first it seems like Ame got eradicated, but the burning Ether explodes and sears the invisible mass. The Rift closes further.
"YOU AND YOUR TOXIC ETHER...FOOLS.
STILL TRYING TO RESIST.
DESPITE KNOWING WHAT WE ARE ?"

Ame is Badly Wounded
The Rift is smaller, about halfway through.

Cosmic Entity Roll : [1] > [5]
Something attempts to open the Rift further, and more of the invisible thing pours out of the Rift.

But the ground all around the World, from the Mainland to the other unexplored side of the concave World breaks and cracks open. Suddenly streams of Ether come out from the fissures, and fires themselves toward the Rift.

The invisible substance and the golden Ether clash in an explosion that annihilates the whole Black Desert. The invisible substance is sent back into the Rift, but once the light dims down... Everyone realizes the Rift grew bigger, taking advantage of a moment of weakness from the World.
Rift is larger. Still smaller than initially.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

RIFT SIZE : Around 80% of initial size

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Non-Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:49:06 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2016, 09:24:14 pm »

((So the World may end up devoured by a Cosmic Horror, but it doesn't stop everyone from backstabbing each other :P ))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »

((Yup. Well, it's soda and popcorn time for me.  ;D))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2016, 09:44:03 pm »

Consume the Holy Beards and all creations that I have created to regain as much ether as possible.

"I knew that eventually I would have to leave your side Ame, for I am the Celestial Selector!"

Fredegar's Ether turns a dark black

Use Elemental Magic along combined with Dark Ether to create a sword and pierce Ame's heart. Then help the invisible force breakthrough and invite all the races to join me!

((PLOT TWIST))

"Join me my fellow gods!"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:08:43 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »

ACTIONS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: EAT COWERING HUMANS, MAKE MAGIC, FORCE EVERYONE TO LEARN MAGIC, ???, PROFIT ENSURE OWN SURVIVAL!!!
Spoiler: "ORDER Magic" (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2016, 10:14:40 pm »

Consume the Holy Beards and all creations that I have created to regain as much ether as possible.

"I knew that eventually I would have to leave your side Ame, for I am the Celestial Selector!"

Fredegar's Ether turns a dark black

Use Elemental Magic along combined with Dark Ether to create a sword and pierce Ame's heart. Then help the invisible force breakthrough and invite all the races to join me!

((PLOT TWIST))

"Join me my fellow gods!"
Consume all those who wish to help to get Ether then try to close the portal!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 16, 2016, 10:26:49 pm »

Take the sword. That's all the power I need. Dismantle it, taking all its energy and ether, and join the Skyborn in battle consume the Skyborn's ether! Create the opposite of White Magic, Black Magic (honestly, at this point I don't care what it does), teach the Dryads it, and order them to help stop the invasion absorb the power of the Skyborn, Dryads, and White magic! Level up! Replace the useless stones in my body with gears and metalic alloys, powering up my lance and shield, and use the Skyborn's knowledge of flight to create wings! Attack Fredegar!

If these are to be our final days, let us see who is the mightier god.

(I swear, this is my last edit)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:54:26 pm by Wozzy »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 16, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »

He Who Is The Herald of The End pushes a little of his Ether into the form of energy, and changes time's flow so he has the time to speak that he wishes to have.

"So. Is this to be how it ends? So soon? This is not the natural cycle ending of a god. But then again... are any cycle endings natural? Even a death by old age is the crumbling of one's body...no, there are no natural cycle endings. So. You want my Ether? To save us all, except me and those who have already died? You wish to forestall the end? Humph. Well, it was inevitable. We all have the urge to survive, to continue, to go on. Even me. So is this to be my end? Is it? Is it really? And... if you wanted my help, you could have asked without bringing me to death's door. And I would have been happy to give you all of my Ether that I could reasonably give in order to keep the rift closed, because I bloody want to live as much as all of us do. And although I recognize the futility of our actions in the long run... they still have meaning. They still have life. We can still live. The cycles are inevitable, but every bit of life can and should be cherished. No waste."

"Now that I've said my peace... you know what? No. No, I've made my decision. I have a better idea. How about instead of you making my end and using my Ether, how about it's the other way around? You think it's impossible, don't you? Well, think again. I think Luck owes me. EAT THIS, ONE WHO SHALL FACE THE END! I SHALL SURVIVE!"

He Who Is The Herald Of The End takes his Ether, all but a very small amount, turns it to energy, and uses it to fire In Finem Superbiae as a high-velocity projectile, with accelerated movement through time, at Saraab. If the attack succeeds(enough, anyway), He Who Is The Herald Of The End will attempt to drain Saraab of his Ether and Energy and use it to heal himself, before grabbing In Finem Superbiae and teleporting away.

((welp. It just... came.))

((Edit: by the way, The Black Palace is still listed as existent. Part of me hopes that it adapted to survive, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:51:17 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38