Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46307 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The Second Era
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2016, 08:23:27 am »

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends was usually not one to show emotion. Usually.

"Oh dear."

((Well, that was quite a streak of bad luck.))

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends knew that many ends had come. Now it was time for new beginnings. But first-the Frell must be shown precisely why immortality is a bad idea for mortals.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teleported to the place where he gave his lecture. Assuming it wasn't destroyed, he gave another lecture about the dangers of immortality: the fact that a mortal consciousness cannot hold an immortal's worth of memories and would likely go insane, the fact that an immortal would see all non-immortal friends and kin of his wither away... the fact that an immortal would attract undue attention from the gods...

Afterwards... he teleports to the divine bar and begins speaking:

"My fellow gods. Before Vorenaak speaks, I would like to speak of an issue that is all of ours: the disaster I just caused. Terribly sorry. In any case... if we pool our power, we might be able to spark an agricultural boom which will help bring a new beginning for the species that are left."

If at least 3 other gods agree to help, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends and the others will unleash a pulse of power that will accelerate the growth of common crops throughout the ravaged area.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2016, 08:26:12 am »

Lux assists.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2016, 08:33:00 am »

I Will Help once I have finished my 'Lunch'
Assist after eating the dead Night Stalkers
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2016, 08:48:10 am »

Fredegar teleports into the Divine Bar

"My instincts told me to teleport here. Hello my fellow gods!"

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2016, 08:55:19 am »

"My fellow gods. Before Vorenaak speaks, I would like to speak of an issue that is all of ours: the disaster I just caused. Terribly sorry. In any case... if we pool our power, we might be able to spark an agricultural boom which will help bring a new beginning for the species that are left."

If at least 3 other gods agree to help, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends and the others will unleash a pulse of power that will accelerate the growth of common crops throughout the ravaged area.
"This was somewhat what I was going to say. However, the lands I wish to focus on are those of the humans - our most prized creation. However, they may not see all of us in a good light. Let us go to their city and appear before them, tell them we are good, and show them that by helping their crops. Afterwards, we will do as He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings wishes, as his interests are important as well."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2016, 09:00:17 am »

"I like the humans there fairly nice now I hope we can help them with their lives greatly."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2016, 09:04:18 am »

Ancestor would once again not be present. They also would be strangely silent. Normally he would be one to chime in during a meeting, especially since this one focuses on one of his creations. It makes others wonder what he is doing that would cause him not to respond.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2016, 11:15:56 am »

"If we agree, then let us go and act on our agreement."

Go to the city.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2016, 11:43:11 am »

"I agree with your proposals, the humans favor me greatly this is the least I could do for them!"

Fredegar goes to a human Capital

"Hello, humans I am Fredegar! Me and my fellow gods have come to visit the Mortal Realm once more since the ancient times."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2016, 02:28:49 pm »

Ok lets win them back. Instead use my divine rule to instruct the amazons to fortify the area, invite the minority to help build, tell them they don't have to fight
No sig yet

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

Go to the city.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends concurs, and acts on the "agreement".
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »

((so who is the dominant dryad species?))
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2016, 07:03:08 pm »

((so who is the dominant dryad species?))
((Most likely Skyborn-Dryads.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2016, 07:11:15 pm »

((is there an ETA on the next update?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2016, 08:13:52 pm »

Sub-Turn 6:

Saraab
Use the Dryads and Skyborn in the human territory to help the victims of the earthquake, while I assist the buildings with repairs. Then, ask the humans if they at least wish to try peace (neutral).

Teach the Skyborn cremation (obviously away from the forest), and to treat the undead as an abomination.

[1] > [3] You send the few Dryads and Skyborns to help victims of the earthquake. Skyborns are well-received by the humans, but they utterly refuse the help of the Dryads. The pain of having lost everything dear and the presence of a hated enemy does not meld well, and tensions arise. Even worse, some Dryads are killed by an angry mob.
+Murdered Dryads
+Furious human civilians

After this earthquake, the assembly spokesman reluctantly says :
"After such a disaster...peace ? As I said earlier, human and dryad leaders aren't against peace. The problem lies in both people, they can't coexist after our heated past. And now, this disaster will probably rouse the hatred, a symbolic peace would probably create great turmoil in the three nations..."

Nonetheless, they have no choice in front of a god. They accept peace...
+Symbolic Political Peace: very unstable political situation on Human and Dryads sides

Saraab loses 1000 Energy
You easily reconstruct the great majority of the destroyed structures. But the earth is ripped open, only repairing the buildings isn't going to change that.

You teach the Skyborns cremation and tell them undead is an abomination.
+Taught Cremation
+Undead=Abomination

Fredegar
"Go on your adventure then BeardAlon it is your destiny to find a Kings Candidate, do not limit yourself to a single race!"

Fredegar goes deeper into the Amazon territory.

Fredegar creates 5 "Likrila" large beasts with fur, magnificent beards, claws, sharp eyesight, they never sleep, and able to wield all of the elemental magic.

The Likrilla were created to Guard the Magical forest from any uninvited visitors until the Ain have become strong enough to guard it on their own.[/color]

"Do your task and you will be rewarded extremely well when the time comes."

Spoiler: Likrilas (click to show/hide)
New Species with two properties ((Unless mentioned, any creature is mortal))
Fredegar loses 1200 Energy
and 60 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
The five Likrila are created. They will guard the Magical Forest until their death.
+Magical Forest Guardians

Gasnareth Imrep
I create the white road to increase the speed of my undead towards my mausoleum, it will simply be a road of bones held together with a mix of blood and crushed bone leading from the human capital straight to my mausoleum.
Afterwards I head for the mountains intent on cleaning out the dead night stalkers for my first meal this age.

Gasnareth Imrep loses 2000 Energy
World Alteration Roll 1d4 : [3]
You create the white road, which isn't so white because of the blood. It smells nasty, and connect the human capital to the mausoleum.
+White Road: bone+blood, connect Human Capital and Mausoleum

[2]+1 The undead should arrive to the Mausoleum soon.

The dead night stalkers were completely turned to paste after having a whole mountain collapsing over their heads. I can't really roll this action.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends
Lux
Gasnareth Imrep

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends was usually not one to show emotion. Usually.

"Oh dear."

((Well, that was quite a streak of bad luck.))

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends knew that many ends had come. Now it was time for new beginnings. But first-the Frell must be shown precisely why immortality is a bad idea for mortals.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teleported to the place where he gave his lecture. Assuming it wasn't destroyed, he gave another lecture about the dangers of immortality: the fact that a mortal consciousness cannot hold an immortal's worth of memories and would likely go insane, the fact that an immortal would see all non-immortal friends and kin of his wither away... the fact that an immortal would attract undue attention from the gods...

Afterwards... he teleports to the divine bar and begins speaking:

Lux assists.
I Will Help once I have finished my 'Lunch'
Assist after eating the dead Night Stalkers
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends :
[5] You return to the place of the lecture, which was miraculously left intact. Somehow. When you mention that being immortal will attract the undue attention from the gods, all Frells shiver for some unknown reason. Probably because of a genetic memory of the "Lo Faraan Incident".
+Scared of Immortality

Lux, Gasnareth Imrept and He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends lose 2000 Energy each
World Modification Roll 1d4 : [4]
With your powers combined, you become Captain Planet

Uniting your powers together, you unleash a life pulse to rejuvenate the broken lands.
+Hyper fertile lands, thriving bonus

The Ancestor
Ancestor would once again not be present. They also would be strangely silent. Normally he would be one to chime in during a meeting, especially since this one focuses on one of his creations. It makes others wonder what he is doing that would cause him not to respond.
Everyone wonders indeed.

Vorenaak
Fredegar
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends

Go to the city.
"I agree with your proposals, the humans favor me greatly this is the least I could do for them!"

Fredegar goes to a human Capital

"Hello, humans I am Fredegar! Me and my fellow gods have come to visit the Mortal Realm once more since the ancient times."

Go to the city.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends concurs, and acts on the "agreement".
The three gods appear in the city. Immediately Vorenaak disappears, leaving Fredegar and He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends confused.

A glyph shines under the Truth Temple being built in the city. Huge and bright, Divine Power can be seen emanating through it.
Fredegar: [1] > [3]-1
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends: [2]

The two gods instantly sees all creatures, sapient or not, from humans to dryads to frells, turn into hideous abominations.
Spoiler: "Corrupted" (click to show/hide)
+'Corrupted' infested city

Kahn
Ok lets win them back. Instead use my divine rule to instruct the amazons to fortify the area, invite the minority to help build, tell them they don't have to fight
[3] You say so to the minority, but they reluctantly comply. They are not against fighting. They are against war as a whole.
+Minority: reluctant complying

You arrive to the village with the Amazon forces, only to discover the village has been fortified. The Pelagics are still there.

Coincidentally, a group of Skyborns were sent to destroy the rogue and revived Pelagis. The village has been fortified.

Secret Action :
[4] No one realize what happened.

Due to the deaths everywhere, the following gods gain Ether :
Saraab 50
The Ancestor 100
Valence 50
Vorenaak 10
Gasnareth Imrep 100
Lux 50
Kahn 20

Also Valence recovers 40 Ether naturally.

The Earth Mover : [6] > [6]
The Earth Mover is still digging straight into the earth with impossible speed. It broke many layers, further going deeper...deeper...
Suddenly it breaks through another layer and ends up in some burning furnace. Rock is molten, temperature is incredibly high. Is this the smelter of the world ?

There is something strange with this bright and hot fluid. It feels like it is probing into it, looking for something... It is warm and welcoming. There is no resistance. Nothing.

The Earth Mover keeps digging, suddenly it feels easy, as if the molten rock stopped resisting and let it goes through the soft searing layer. It keeps going deeper...deeper.

Deeper ?... Something feels strange. Since it passed the golden layer, it feels as if being pulled back toward it. Strange.

It keeps digging though. It keeps.

And suddenly, the sky. The Golden Sky. Did it ever see the sky before ? It doesn't know. So this is sky ?
This is beautiful. A golden, shining infinite expanse. Pure and unsoiled.

The Reaper : [4]
He brought Gasnareth Imrep some corpses. With all the weakened by the earthquake, he had a lot of job.
Reaper activated: bodies disappearances...
Lot of corpses to Gasnareth Imrep

BeardAlon : [5]
He though the perfect candidate in the form of...[6] an Ains. Turns out there was one worthy actually. His name is Atian.
Atian the King-Candidate

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Non-Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:50:38 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38