Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46316 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The Second Era
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:16 pm »

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends did indeed follow.

"So here's the deal. You're the god of lies. You've... pulled things in the past. You've made many deceptions, many tricks, I'm sure. What I want from you is for you to stay out of my way. Go ahead and spread your lies if you will, but do not interfere with my works, or you will find yourself at the end of my blade. Am I clear?"

After receiving an answer, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends departed. He had something to do. He promptly arrived at the newest Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge. If it housed a consciousness within it, he promptly removed the consciousness and transferred it to a random Dark Fungivore. If it did not hold a consciousness within it, he located the one who made it and "cut off his head" using In Finem Superbiae.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2016, 09:12:24 pm »

Fuse back into one being, and send an embassy of Dryads and Skyborn to the humans. Tell them they wish to form an alliance, and will protect them from threats, as long as hybrid Dryads are allowed to live amongst them. Obviously, follow them on their journey, protecting them on their travels, and assiting them in their meeting.
Level up once the mission is complete, but don't send the party back to the forest.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2016, 09:37:34 pm »

"The "Magical Forest" a unique land that even I don't know what could happen a perfect place for my second creations!"

Create the Ains, they are masters of manipulating any sort of magic through speaking "Old Ain" no one knows when it was created except by the Ains in myths that are passed down generation to generation.

Very Intelligent, Cultured, Able to manipulate any sort of magic but most specialize in 1 catagory and can specialize in more if they practice hard enough, and last but not least MAGNIFICENT BEARDS! They look like half elves, not saying that they are elves because their Ains... you get the gist.

Fredegar smiles happily

"They will worship me as the greatest God ever and also the Super Bearded Magi.. Maybe I should give him a name... how about BeardAlon! Yes it's a great name for you! Anyways have fun messing with the Ains maybe you'll even find a Kings Candidate within them. I hear there is a rather prominent fellow named Atian... hope you have a good time.

Fredegar grins and begins creating a new Magic Table Thingy...

"AHA! The perfect beginnings for magic!"

Create Elemental Magic?

The 6 Major Elements - Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, Wind, and Metal

Anyone born with the ability to use magic will be born with a certain element that they have the easiest time mastering while the others may be more hard to master or even impossible. Though there are some exceptions such as prodigies.

Certain genes could also make the person more prone to an element.
Ex. The Lop Family/House are primarily Fire Benders/Mages then their children will most likely be Fire Benders/Mages.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2016, 09:57:46 pm »

"Looks like we have a deal. Well, better get back to my stuff.

...but this place is nice. I should come here more often."

Go to the town to check up on the building of the temple.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2016, 03:49:21 am »

Sub-Turn 4:

Secret Action
[5] vs [6] > [4] A group of rogue Pelagis attacks Amazons on their territory despite the neutrality of both people. At first the Pelagis attack an isolated village and kill most of its inhabitants. Not long after, a patrol force of Skyborns arrives to the rescue of the village and utterly slaughter all Pelagis, being nearly invincible in the forest.

Only one particular skilled Pelagis warrior is left, facing all the remaining Skyborns...
You recover 100 Ether
Pelagis skirmish on Amazon territory. Amazon civilians saved by Skyborn patrol.
+Pelagis/Amazon tension
+Skyborn/Amazon friendship

Lux
"A much better you humans were kinda jerks to me during your starting era but I don't think you guy's need to be that afraid I'm ussaly not very violent."
The man doesn't move an inch, still bowing, not daring to look at you directly.
"Please forgive the ignorance of our ancestors. Our race grew wise with time. Yet if I may, what is the reason of your presence among us ?"

Despite what you said, they still don't know a clue about your intentions. For that reason, they are on the defensive.

Kahn
Well I guess is should publicly awaken

Enter the temple change back and exit the temple as myself
You sneakily enter the temple of Kahn, take up your True Form and exit like if you just changed clothes. Basking in a divine halo, the Amazons recognize you.
All bow in respect.
Kahn: Respect

Valence
Appear to the Frell. Remind them that I am Valence, their creator and the honest deity briefly encountered in their tale of the deceptive god and the warning god.

Then eat 750 Ether in front of them to level up.

Appearing in front of the Frells in your True Form, you reveal yourself as their creator and benevolent protector.

Then consuming your Ether, your body shines with a holy radiance, and a pulse of divine Energy echoes throughout the world.
The power emitted is so strong and awe-inspiring the Frells can't help but kneel in awe.

Valence consumes 750 Ether to increase its "divinity stage"
Valence Energy Cap increased to 40000. Energy Recovered increased to 2000 if under 2000.
Valence Ether Cap increased to 2000. Ether Recovery increased to 40 if under 80.
Maximum Size increased to "Extremely High Mountain" [Taller than Mt Everest]

[1] > [5] The immense blast leveled the whole place, burning away all the grass of the plain. You protected the Frells present from it though, and suffice to say, such a demonstration of Might won their heart.

The blast could be seen by all Frells and even other species.

All species are aware of the Gods presence.
+Frells: Valence = Awe

Vorenaak
"Looks like we have a deal. Well, better get back to my stuff.

...but this place is nice. I should come here more often."

Go to the town to check up on the building of the temple.
[1] > [6] Heading back to town, you quickly notice the terrain where the temple construction has already begun. Inquiring further, you learn that the appearance of He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends inspired so much fear in your believers that they ended up believing only building this temple would protect them from it.
+Truth Religion: Temple Construction in Progress

Secret Actions :
Vorenaak loses 2000 Energy
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
Something went wrong with what you tried to do.

loses 10 Energy
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
It went okay.

Gasnareth Imrep
I Appear Wherever the nearest [Graveyard/Burial Ground/Tomb/Mass Grave] or More Specifically the Nearest one with Dead Solders And Start Digging Up the Dead Once I have around 10 Corpses I Use them as the "Base" for a new Race of Servants creatures...
Spoiler: Death Slugs (click to show/hide)
I Then Have them Arm themselves as Before I Teleport to the Gathering with my New Honor Guard.
As soon as I Arrive I Raise 1000 Energy's Worth of The Dead Around the City and Have them Wander off Towards my New Mausoleum.
The Second thing I do is say "Hello" to the humans.

New Sapient Species with 2 special properties (small population)
Gasnareth Imrep loses 2800 Energy
and 140 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
You create 10 Death Slugs and implant them into mostly intact bodies. Afterward, you teleport to the Human Meeting, with Lux being already there.

Gasnareth Imrep loses 1000 Energy
Suddenly, hundreds of thousands of corpses of all origin rise from the grave. They all begin to walk in the same direction, your Mausoleum.
[2] The Mausoleum is really far from the Capital. They are going to stumble for a moment.
+Nearly a million corpses shambling toward the Mausoleum (Far)

You greet the assembly. None recognizes you apart from the ones well-known about mythology. Gasnareth Imrep.
The one who spoke to Lux would have shouted "What is the meaning of this !" if you were a human. But instead, he asks with a trembling voice.
"Gasnareth Imrep. Your presence honors us, what is the reason of your coming ?"

+Gasnareth Imrep: Fear and Distrust

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends did indeed follow.

"So here's the deal. You're the god of lies. You've... pulled things in the past. You've made many deceptions, many tricks, I'm sure. What I want from you is for you to stay out of my way. Go ahead and spread your lies if you will, but do not interfere with my works, or you will find yourself at the end of my blade. Am I clear?"

After receiving an answer, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends departed. He had something to do. He promptly arrived at the newest Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge. If it housed a consciousness within it, he promptly removed the consciousness and transferred it to a random Dark Fungivore. If it did not hold a consciousness within it, he located the one who made it and "cut off his head" using In Finem Superbiae.
It didn't take you much time to find the last Glyph.
[1] > [1] The Glyph was already used and empty. And it seemed to date... Focusing on the trace left by the magic of the Glyph, you arrived to a graveyard. It seems the "Immortal" that lived through eras thanks to the Glyph died from a cold some years ago.

What a bummer. ((daaaw, I was getting ready for a And I Must Scream...))
+Glyph Knowledge Lost to mortals

Saraab
Fuse back into one being, and send an embassy of Dryads and Skyborn to the humans. Tell them they wish to form an alliance, and will protect them from threats, as long as hybrid Dryads are allowed to live amongst them. Obviously, follow them on their journey, protecting them on their travels, and assiting them in their meeting.
Level up once the mission is complete, but don't send the party back to the forest.

You assemble your parts. You are no longer Split in Three.

That being done, you order the Dryads and Skyborns who respect you to send an embassy to Humans. Well, for the Skyborns this isn't much needed, but for Dryads this is another story. Despite the obvious problems behind the whole deal, they accept without protesting, knowing they couldn't to oppose the God they respect.

[2] Once in Human territory, none can meet your delegation. A summit gathering all Human Leaders is taking place at the Capital of one of the countries.

Fredegar
"The "Magical Forest" a unique land that even I don't know what could happen a perfect place for my second creations!"

Create the Ains, they are masters of manipulating any sort of magic through speaking "Old Ain" no one knows when it was created except by the Ains in myths that are passed down generation to generation.

Very Intelligent, Cultured, Able to manipulate any sort of magic but most specialize in 1 catagory and can specialize in more if they practice hard enough, and last but not least MAGNIFICENT BEARDS! They look like half elves, not saying that they are elves because their Ains... you get the gist.

Fredegar smiles happily

"They will worship me as the greatest God ever and also the Super Bearded Magi.. Maybe I should give him a name... how about BeardAlon! Yes it's a great name for you! Anyways have fun messing with the Ains maybe you'll even find a Kings Candidate within them. I hear there is a rather prominent fellow named Atian... hope you have a good time.

Fredegar grins and begins creating a new Magic Table Thingy...

"AHA! The perfect beginnings for magic!"

Create Elemental Magic?

The 6 Major Elements - Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, Wind, and Metal

Anyone born with the ability to use magic will be born with a certain element that they have the easiest time mastering while the others may be more hard to master or even impossible. Though there are some exceptions such as prodigies.

Certain genes could also make the person more prone to an element.
Ex. The Lop Family/House are primarily Fire Benders/Mages then their children will most likely be Fire Benders/Mages.

New Sapient Species with 2 properties
Fredegar loses 2800 Energy
and 140 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
You create ten Ains, but something goes wrong with their creation. Physically they look like intended, but magic-wise, though still talented they can't seem to use a magic different from the first one they could.
+Magic Talented > Magic Locked : Ains will get locked on the first magic they will ever use, not being able to use any other for the rest of their lives.

Magic System Creation
Fredegar loses 1000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Law Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
You set up the basis of your Elemental Magic, and finally write it as a law.
+Fredegar's Elemental Magic
>The 6 Major Elements - Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, Wind, and Metal
>Affinity from Birth for Magic-Capable beings

Also, the Magical Forest is now properly defined. It is a Forest where the 6 elements are melded chaotically together, resulting in a unpredictable and very dangerous place.
+Magical Forest: 6 elements chaotically merged. Very Dangerous.

+Shameless self insert : Atian
+Super Bearded Magi name : BeardAlon

The Gods presence has been clearly noticed by all Sapient Beings.
Crisis Roll :
Frells : [5]
Night Stalkers : [1] > [3]
Troongs : [6] > [5]
Pelagis : [2]

After the apparition of Valence in the Silt Plains and its great transformation, the Frells were forced to admit Gods had indeed returned. Despite being a people shunning all religions, they decided to respect and cooperate with the Gods, considering this to be the most rational choice for their survival.
Frell opinion: Respect and Cooperation

The few Night Stalkers remaining panicked upon learning Gods had returned. With their people scattered, each settlements fell into chaos. They came to the conclusion that those Gods that had abandoned them were there to finish them off, and decided to resist until their deaths.
Night Stalker opinion: Extreme Hostility, even to Vorenaak

Troongs met the return of the Gods with a never seen before enthusiasm. Their Prophecy held true. The Gods had returned.
And for them who saw the Truth and worked so diligently since time immemorial, their salvation had come.
Troong opinion: Fervent Worship, ready to give their lives (with Vorenaak and Saraab preference). Believe themselves chosen.

When Pelagis realized Gods had returned, they feared for their great Empire. As a result, they decided they wouldn't side with Gods, and would protect their Empire no matter the cost. After all, they never cared much about religion or gods. The coming of Gods was just like another invasion to them.
Pelagis opinion: Hostile to every Gods

The Earth Mover is still digging.
The Reaper is doing Reaper things.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Non-Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 03:52:14 am by Nakéen »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2016, 04:58:20 am »

It seems the  Skyborn are natural peacekeepers.

(so, are we in the capital, or did the party never leave?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2016, 06:21:34 am »

Create a large number of Prism Trees on the Silt Plains. They are crystal trees, usually a whitish color but tending to take on the hue of physical or magical contaminants in their environment. Their flowers are especially bright and pretty, and the petals often valued as flat semiprecious gems.

Dredge up might channels between the Frells and various other races, so that when the Frells figure out boats they'll have an easy time reaching and trading with others. The Troongs should appreciate another place to build bridges, too.

Speaking of which, teach the Frells how to make boats.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The First Era
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2016, 06:26:56 am »

"I came to prove that I exist, and to state that Lux the murderus has attemped to kill off my creatures. he has only been able to once."
After saying this I and my Guards will leave through the front door and walk after my Hoard.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:37:47 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2016, 08:46:24 am »

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends was glad that the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge was gone. For good. Wait, the remainder of the glyphs that were still carved could be copied. And then used again. This would not be permitted. The tendency of mortals to extend their lifetimes using any means necessary meant that the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge should never be used again.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends took some time traveling about, destroying the carved, inactive, Twisted Cycle Glyphs of Knowledge. He then attempts to extract the Energy from reality that makes up the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge's power. If he succeeds, the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge should become just another symbol.

With that settled(hopefully), He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends thought of Vorenaak. Although hypothetically Vorenaak would no longer interfere in any way with his plans, that was only hypothetical. He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends decided to fortify his Black Palace, just in case...

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends pulled 3000 Energy(and some amount of Ether) out of his being. With that, he poured half of it into the Black Palace to accelerate its evolution, and he poured the other half of it into the Black Palace to establish an anti-divine-tampering system within it.

With that... how about some more teaching?

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends travelled to the Frells and gave some of them a lecture on Cycle Philosophy, potentially including the anecdote of the man who used the Twisted Cycle Glyphs of Knowledge as an example of how the Cycle Philosophy is NOT to be followed.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2016, 08:59:37 am »

"I came because I wanted to see what you humans were up to I noticed that a lot of the tech you got was from my old people the luxlings they were a bit too arrogant and died out but I made a new generation of them when I woke up And the murder thing I KILLED one of his reapers souls are my Dominion not his they shouldn't be allowed to touch souls I'm fine with them doing their other functions but not the soul part."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2016, 02:03:44 pm »

Every Gods hear the voice of Ame echoing in their minds.

"I forgot to impart to you the truth about souls before going to sleep. Realizing leaving you in the dark led to unwanted conflict, here is the nature of the Soul.
You may have already guessed it, but Souls are closely linked to the divine Ether, though they are not the same thing.

Every living being possesses a Soul, which is formed thanks to the Ether. The Soul contains every informations about the being. Its memories, its knowledge, its physical informations, everything is recorded, even if the being itself forget it.

In the absence of outside interference, when a being dies its Soul and with it its Ether disperse and return to the Creators of its species. Not all of the Ether, as under normal circumstances, a portion of the Ether is absorbed by the World. Then the information about the being is separated from the Ether, and both become one with the Creators.

Those are the natural laws that I created."

[New intel:
-Souls are made of Ether.
-When a being dies, its Soul normally returns to its Creator.
-Part of the Ether of the Soul is absorbed by the World.
-The Soul is separated into Information and Ether upon arrival to the Creator. Both are absorbed.
-The Creator then technically possesses all the knowledge of the dead being.

Intel-not-said-by-NPC:
-Souls post-mortem system works this way because of an Imprint system.
-Gods can choose to freely modify the Imprint of a species or a group of individuals whose Imprint is locked on them.
-If a species was created by many Gods and they each modify the Imprint, the original Creator Imprint modifications overrule the others.
-Gods can choose not to absorb Ether or/and Information via Imprint modification. If the Ether/Information has nowhere to go, it goes to the World.]

It seems the  Skyborn are natural peacekeepers.

(so, are we in the capital, or did the party never leave?)
(In some human city, but not in the capital)

"I came because I wanted to see what you humans were up to I noticed that a lot of the tech you got was from my old people the luxlings they were a bit too arrogant and died out but I made a new generation of them when I woke up And the murder thing I KILLED one of his reapers souls are my Dominion not his they shouldn't be allowed to touch souls I'm fine with them doing their other functions but not the soul part."
"I came to prove that I exist, and to state that Lux the murderus has attemped to kill off my creatures. he has only been able to once."
After saying this I and my Guards will leave through the front door and walk after my Hoard.
A Human stands up :
"Honorable Lux, you are mistaken about our technology. We created everything we have by our own hands, all our advancements are our owns and ours alone. We only discovered Luxlings ruins much later, and their scientific advancements were already outdated to us. But for their time, they were indeed far more advanced than others."

A rumor can be heard in the background :The Luxlings are back ?!

The Human that was speaking raise his hand abruptly to signify every humans to silence. He then speaks to the two gods with a deeply respectful tone :
"We are deeply enlightened by both of your presences, but we don't deserve to be made aware of what happened between you. As mere mortals, we can't hope to have a word in your divine happenings."

After that, Gasnareth Imrep leaves, only leaving Lux in the room.

((I will post the turn much later on. Just wanted to finish the dialogues.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2016, 02:12:16 pm »

Lux nods at the humans statements before in a informative and friendly tone.
"The new luxlings are a lot less arrogant but they look the same feel free to visit em but anyway humans I enjoyed this conversation but i think I'm gonna explore your civilization if you have questions before I go feel free to ask."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

Rally the amazons, all of them to this village and prep for war
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:54:43 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

(which is faster, waiting in the city, or going to the capitol?)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2016, 03:11:10 pm »

(which is faster, waiting in the city, or going to the capitol?)
(If you wait, I will roll to see what happens. If you go to the capital, I will directly roll for negotiations)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38