Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46456 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The First Era
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2016, 08:04:02 pm »

Stop any attempts of any reaper being made and plant myself as the reaper!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »

Ame is standing, watching over your heated argument. He intervenes to add something :

"You all have still so much to discover. All of your intentions are commendable. Be it Child Ancestor's wish for peace, Child Kahn's wish for worship, or Child Saraab's wish for cooperation."

"...I claim Dominion over souls and that all souls go to me first...
He hears that and chuckles :
"Souls ? No one can truly claim Dominion over souls. Maybe me, but it would require much of my power."

((Why am I getting extra interference for the false belief and the bar thing?))
((Because humans discovered it, and linked it to the mass killings that occurred. It mainly means your action will have a Timeskip effect))
"I'm the God of souls! "

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »

Also greet the hippies and explain who I am.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »

"I'm the God of souls! "
Ame turns toward you, and with a thundering voice shouts :
"And I am a PROTEARCH ! THE PROTEARCH OF THE SOUL. I AM THE ONE WHO DREAMT OF SOULS, EVEN YOURS !"

((Turn writing in progress))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »

Lux laughs out loud

"I appeared in a colorful explosion you dident create me chance did luck and chance are my only true masters!"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2016, 08:16:35 pm »

Lux laughs out loud

"I appeared in a colorful explosion you dident create me chance did luck and chance are my only true masters!"
He looks at you in disbelief. Then laughs. Laugh in a mad and mocking way.
"Hahaha...HAHAHAHA ! You know nothing of the World and the Universe poor Child ! Luck ? Chance ? If only it was so easy. But you will sooner or later discover the true nature of everything.
Right now, you are like your creations. How ironic isn't it ? Remember how the Luxling showed arrogance to you, your Creator, despite the gifts and care you gave them ? But like you toward me, they know nothing of you as you know nothing of me."

He calms down, and then apologizes respectfully.
"Mmh. Sorry for such an emotional outburst. I must be getting a bit tired. I just wanted to say, don't restrict your vision because of arrogance or power. See beyond appearances, like your Luxlings should have done."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2016, 08:19:51 pm »

"Existence is because of luck and chance you existing is because of chance and luck and I'm not arrogant at all I'm just not afraid of anything shy should I be when I accept I could die any second due to bad luck or chance it's all part of existing and it's my being my luxlings are like me but oh so different. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2016, 08:23:47 pm »

[3] You search for Ame, but can't seem to find him. As such you mentally call for him, and he answers immediately :
"Sorry. I am currently on the Moon, meditating. You know to want how to recover Energy ?
Simple. Energy can be obtained from every material things of this world. If you consume and convert matter into Energy, you will be able to recover some. You could also turn your divine Ether into Energy.

Oh, and you are still young. That is why you can't recover your divine Energy easily. When you will grow up and pass to a greater state, your powers will greatly increase."
Valence ponders this for a moment.

"Hm. Would there not be side effects to harvesting the world for energy? Do differing types of matter give different results? Is it possible to farm energy as a mortal might farm plants or livestock?"

He then asks :
"How are your works going ?"
"Well enough, but slowly. I perhaps expended too much energy giving my people a place to live, and now find myself lacking in resources to give them things I would like them to have."

I've called you here because I believe we need to work together. While our goals may not match up, I am sure you would all agree that you would like to reach your full potential in as quick as possible.

I want to start off by apologizing to The Ancient. I only meant to help you gain followers, so you may become stronger. I will tell the people to worship you silently, and grant you sacrifices in thanks.

On that note: Gasnareth has discovered living things release ether when they die. While running around murdering creatures is an easy way to collect it, it doesn't help us with the ones who die of natural causes. I would like you to determine if they are born with this Ether, or collect it throughout their lives. Depending on how it works, I would hope that all of us, with the help of An Ancient and Gasnareth could bend the laws and allow the ether of intelligent creatures to return to their creators when they die. Perhaps this will also help discover how to recycle lives, and grant rebirth to your kind An Ancient.
"A noble experiment, but it does not sound overly complicated. I will see if I can find out how Ether is distributed.

Ame, how is Ether distributed? Do living things change the amounts of Ether they possess as they live and grow? What becomes of the Ether released when a creature dies?"

Noting "Lo Farran's" difficulty, Valence couldn't help but meddle.

"Well done!" he announced proudly to the Elite Frell. "You have seen past my brother's deception. He wished to mold you better in his image, as gods are wont to do, and thus spoke falsely to you in order to guide your path. As a reward for your perceptiveness, I shall grant you a boon of your choice."

He looks at you in disbelief. Then laughs. Laugh in a mad and mocking way.
"Hahaha...HAHAHAHA ! You know nothing of the World and the Universe poor Child ! Luck ? Chance ? If only it was so easy. But you will sooner or later discover the true nature of everything.
Right now, you are like your creations. How ironic isn't it ? Remember how the Luxling showed arrogance to you, your Creator, despite the gifts and care you gave them ? But like you toward me, they know nothing of you as you know nothing of me."

He calms down, and then apologizes respectfully.
"Mmh. Sorry for such an emotional outburst. I must be getting a bit tired. I just wanted to say, don't restrict your vision because of arrogance or power. See beyond appearances, like your Luxlings should have done."
"Ominous. Ame, is the world precarious or in danger?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:35 pm »

Valence ponders this for a moment.

"Hm. Would there not be side effects to harvesting the world for energy? Do differing types of matter give different results? Is it possible to farm energy as a mortal might farm plants or livestock?"
Flashback
Back then, Ame answered :
"As of now, all types of matter give the same amount of Energy. Which mean you could consume the Earth, the Sea or even the forests, it would be the same.
Farming you said ? It is already occurring inside of you, albeit slowly because you are still young. There is no outside source of Energy outside of a divine being, sadly."

"Ame, how is Ether distributed? Do living things change the amounts of Ether they possess as they live and grow? What becomes of the Ether released when a creature dies?"
Flashback
"You are smart child Valence. Ether is unevenly distributed in living beings. Sapient beings possess far more Ether than simple creatures, and divine beings like you can produce Ether out of nowhere. Ether global quantity will increase when creatures grow and reproduce. As for when they die, currently the Ether is absorbed by my brothers and sisters who became the World. But this will change next cycle, as I spoke with them last night."

"Ominous. Ame, is the world precarious or in danger?"
Present
Ame stays silent for a moment.
"You really are smart. There is danger lurking. Remember what Lux claimed about Luck and Chance ? He wasn't all that wrong, and that is why I lashed at him. We are all bound by Luck, Chance and Fate, whatever you want to call it.
But..."

He stops, and says with a dark and fearful voice :
"...But Luck and Chance are bound by the Will and Actions of beings. Like us. But there is more. Beyond us, there is a Will binding Luck and Chance..."

He recovers his normal tone :
"But there is no need to worry for now. We are safe here."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2016, 08:44:02 pm »

Sub-turn 8:

I Create "The Reaper". (1400 / 70)
Unique Ageless Being with Unnatural Powers
Gasnareth Imrep loses 1400 Energy
and 70 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [4]
In front of Gasnareth Imrep, a shadowy figure appears in the Bar. It is wearing a hood, and bones can be seen hidden under it. Gasnareth can feel his creation is better than expected.
+The Smell of Death : it can sense the impending natural or accidental death of mortal beings. Greatly increases its efficiency

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends decided that he would use some of his excess energy to make a home for himself. Although eventually it would come to an end, or be replaced, or stolen, hopefully his home's story would last some time...

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends wove his power, creating a sphere of solid darkness, then fired it at the Black Desert. When it hit, it grew, somewhat quickly, into a moderately sized black palace. Another weave, and it levitated a few miles above the desert. Another weave, and it became living and responsive to He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends' orders/wishes. One more weave, and it gained the ability to evolve itself to adapt to challenges. With that, his power somewhat depleted, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends entered his palace and slept.
Unique non-Sapient Being of Immense Size with Unnatural Powers (Moderately Sized Palace)
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends loses 7200 Energy
and 300 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [4]
The blackened sand got absorbed by the sphere, and melted into a black solid substance.
Then like liquid metal, this substance rearranged itself to form a Black Palace. Rising in the air, the Palace stood, waiting for its creator.
It was also noticed that black guardians lived in the palace. But if they got out of the Palace, they would instantly dissolve.
+Antibodies: the black guardians protect the palace

You entered the Palace and waited. Soon, Ame would give the sleep order.

The Ancestor would see to it that the pelagics were feeding and starting to multiply, before returning to check on the hive again and settle down to rest.
[3] It is still too soon to say if the Pelagics will survive without you. But they are indeed feeding and have made their home. Soon, the 1st generation will be born.

You return to the Hive. Nothing has changed. You settle down in the last chamber you yourself dug, and wait for the sleep order.
+1 Interference : The Ancestor (Forbidden Room)

Stop any attempts of any reaper being made and plant myself as the reaper!
Opposition to a Creation Attempt :
Lux [1] > [3] (Overfail turning into Epic Fail)
Gasnareth Imrep [5] (Great Success)

Lux attempts to oppose Xenratheen's creation. But Gasnareth blasts Lux away with a wave of Energy.
Gasnareth Imrep loses 500 Energy

The searing divine Energy is burning your True Form. There is a cut on your cheek. It is nothing serious, not like that time when your true form was badly hurt. But this is serious enough for you to be surprised.
You are Bruised

Also greet the hippies and explain who I am.
(flashback)
[5] Back when you were at the 3rd Tribe village, you introduced yourself. They reacted far more positively than the Luxlings, bowing and praising your godhood. They said they knew of you, as per the prophecies of the Great Earth God.
+3rd Tribe : respect Lux

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:24:42 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »

"I need a place for my people to call home." Build a castle town a few miles away from the humans, also teach the amazons how to smith their own weapons
No sig yet

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2016, 09:08:31 pm »

I 'Eat' a deep cave below one of the deeper chasms then rest....
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »

Fredegar has a horrified look on his face

"No Uji not the BEARD! There must be a way! Maybe some sort of elixir for you to drink from?"

Create the Beard Elixer and hand it to Uji

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »

"I need a place for my people to call home." Build a castle town a few miles away from the humans, also teach the amazons how to smith their own weapons
Kahn loses 500 Energy
An easy task. You build a castle town not too far from the humans.

[6] > [6] You teach Amazons how to smith weapons. And thanks to Proelior lasting influence, they reveal themselves as genius weaponsmiths. They create incredible weapons for their technological level.
+Genius Weaponsmiths

I 'Eat' a deep cave below one of the deeper chasms then rest....
[4] You consume a portion large enough for you to get into.
Gasnareth Imrep recovers 1000 Energy

You prepare to rest, for when Ame will send the sleep order.

Fredegar has a horrified look on his face

"No Uji not the BEARD! There must be a way! Maybe some sort of elixir for you to drink from?"

Create the Beard Elixer and hand it to Uji
Fredegar loses 1 Energy
[3] You create a solution you call the Beard Elixer. It is filled with good things for the beard. It is brown in color, like a fine beard.
You hand it to Uji, and he gulps it down. His chin hairs grow a little bit, but not much. You feel that his chin hair growth rate has increased.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2016, 10:14:34 pm »

I simply rest, maybe let the earth surround and cover me as I do so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38