Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46389 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : The First Era
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2016, 05:26:03 am »

D:
It seems my Dryad's did not listen to me. While I granted them the ability to find love and happiness, I never wanted them to abduct humans. Their natural method of reproduction was to be slow, as they are immortal, and they were meant to live in the forests, only helping life along.

As recalled, I split my body into multiple parts, and payed a cost for it.

B1 visits the Dryads, finds out how many natural Dryads were born from the trees, compared to how many Dryad-kin there are.

B2 visits the Skyborn, see how they're doing and how well they remember me. Are they humanoids with wings, or birds in suits?

B3 visits the nomadic tribe. See how they live, and if the builder's passed their knowledge to them.

Vorenaak, through violence, your people will never thrive. Perhaps we can settle our differences, so the Nightstalkers and their Nightkin can grow to be stronger.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2016, 07:10:31 am »

Now I see this the time to make mortals fear me.
Spoiler: The Reaper V.2 (click to show/hide)
I Create a "New" Reaper.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:43:21 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2016, 08:34:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:59:10 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2016, 08:49:51 am »

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends awoke. Oh the power. Oh, so much power. So much change to be wrought. So many ends, and so many beginnings. But first, something to help deal with Vorenaak, if necessary. Bringing a god to an early End was distasteful, but potentially necessary...

PM'd Action.

Next... there was an entirely new sapient species. What a Beginning! How incredible! He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends decided to pay them a visit.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teleported to a location where there were a large number of Skyborn homes, and invited them all to a lecture on his philosophy. A few minutes later, all of them that attended were promptly given a lecture on the Philosophy of the Cycle.

Next... whatever happened to the human who was taught the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge?

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends fires a pulse of 1000 Energy, and shapes it so it will detect the remnants of Twisted Cycle Glyphs of Knowledge and will send back the information about how they were used(if at all) back to He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends.

Next... a talk with Vorenaak.

"Vorenaak. We will speak now."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:32 am »

I find the one and only Night Stalker Zealot. I give him the ability to disguise as a human - any human, and the knowledge to blend in effectively.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2016, 09:18:01 am »

Perhaps instead of bickering with each other, or trying to send your creatures after others, you should actually try to help them survive a timeskip.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2016, 10:03:25 am »

The ancestor would emerge from his slumber, looking over the black desert to see how his beetles had changed it. He would then concider two things: One is that while the luxling was his own creation in mockery of lux and his early foolishness, he turned them into a race of his own, which rapidly went extinct. The other is that the humans, who were immune to divine power, were still thriving unnaturally well. Finally, Looking over what records the Arradians left closely He would attempt to resurrect them in his former chamber, the "Forbidden room." Perhaps they would think that instead of him being their creator that it was a safeguard against a foreseen event.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2016, 11:45:28 am »

I got so many PM. You bunch of sneaky bastards :P

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2016, 01:05:22 pm »

Sub-Turn 1:

D:
It seems my Dryad's did not listen to me. While I granted them the ability to find love and happiness, I never wanted them to abduct humans. Their natural method of reproduction was to be slow, as they are immortal, and they were meant to live in the forests, only helping life along.

As recalled, I split my body into multiple parts, and payed a cost for it.

B1 visits the Dryads, finds out how many natural Dryads were born from the trees, compared to how many Dryad-kin there are.

B2 visits the Skyborn, see how they're doing and how well they remember me. Are they humanoids with wings, or birds in suits?

B3 visits the nomadic tribe. See how they live, and if the builder's passed their knowledge to them.

Vorenaak, through violence, your people will never thrive. Perhaps we can settle our differences, so the Nightstalkers and their Nightkin can grow to be stronger.
Reminder: Saraab is Separated in Three
B1 : (Roll to determine Dryads birth origin) [5] Upon the arrival of your golem form, the Dryads immediately recognize you, as per the prophecy of your return.
Modern Dryads are nearly all born from the Trees you created. But during the course of their life, something changed and Dryads were able to be born from another Dryad.
+Majority of Dryads are Treeborn

B2 : You visit the Skyborns, and they too recognize you. But their reaction is different, there is a bit of fear and wariness in them. After all, the memory they have of you is vague. They are winged humanoids, like if Airborne Hunters suddenly stood up on two legs and grew arms.
+Saraab: Fear and Wariness

B3 : (Roll to determine Knowledge transmission influence) [6] > [2]
Your arrival in the Nomadic tribe is met with outcry and stupor. What is this being ?! A god ?!
The Builders did spread their teachings, but it never worked out really well for the Nomads. So here they are, living in normal houses, nothing extravagant.
+Saraab: Stupor and Fear.
+Nomads: not innate builders

Now I see this the time to make mortals fear me.
Spoiler: The Reaper V.2 (click to show/hide)
I Create a "New" Reaper.
New Unique Being with lot of Properties
Opposition :
Lux : [5]
Gasnareth Imrep : [6] > [5]

Once again, Lux comes to screw Gasnareth over and doesn't hesitate to blast a divine light on the forming Reaper. The Reaper's creation process is halted, but Gasnareth who somewhat expected such a treachery managed to reabsorb the resources he just used. Furthermore, he threw the light back at Lux, injuring him again.

Reaper creation stopped.
Lux is Bruised
Lux loses 1000 Energy

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends awoke. Oh the power. Oh, so much power. So much change to be wrought. So many ends, and so many beginnings. But first, something to help deal with Vorenaak, if necessary. Bringing a god to an early End was distasteful, but potentially necessary...

PM'd Action.

Next... there was an entirely new sapient species. What a Beginning! How incredible! He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends decided to pay them a visit.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teleported to a location where there were a large number of Skyborn homes, and invited them all to a lecture on his philosophy. A few minutes later, all of them that attended were promptly given a lecture on the Philosophy of the Cycle.

Next... whatever happened to the human who was taught the Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge?

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends fires a pulse of 1000 Energy, and shapes it so it will detect the remnants of Twisted Cycle Glyphs of Knowledge and will send back the information about how they were used(if at all) back to He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends.

Next... a talk with Vorenaak.

"Vorenaak. We will speak now."
[1] > [3] When you arrived to the Skyborn home, Saraab's part was already there. Furthermore as a monotheistic people, the Skyborns saw you as an abomination and none came to your lecture.
+1 Interference : He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends (Abomination)

[4] Using your divine vision, you checked the humans history records. It seems the one you taught became the founder of the Cycle Philosophy, which is nowadays still pretty popular.

[2] He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends loses 1000 Energy
You detect a disappointingly few number of Twisted Cycle Glyphs of Knowledge. They are numbering less than 10. The knowledge of the Glyphs seems to have never spread, or so it seems. You notice only one Glyph was active at a time.

And you understand what happened. The one you taught the Glyph to is still alive somewhere. He used the Glyph to become immortal, changing bodies when his old one became too old. He kept his dark secret to this day.

[5] You secretly create an artifact. No opposition roll possible.
Creation of a powerful Artifact in secret
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends loses 2500 Energy
and 250 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
A glittering black sword shaped out of solidified flaming darkness appears in front of you. On one side of its blade, it bears the inscription : "This blade will be the end of some gods' pride. At the same time, it shall be a new beginning for them".
Forged from your own Divine Ether, it seems to pulse with unnatural power.
+Artifact: Divine Black Sword named "In Finem Superbiae"

I find the one and only Night Stalker Zealot. I give him the ability to disguise as a human - any human, and the knowledge to blend in effectively.
[4] The original Night Stalker Zealot died long ago. But Night Stalkers found a way to recreate Zealots, by consuming the minds of many normal Night Stalkers. To this day, there is only three Zealots alive. You find one of them, and alter him.
Upon seeing you, the Zealot throws itself on the ground and worship you with passionate fervor.
Vorenaak loses 140 Energy
and 7 Ether
Modification Roll 1d4 : [2]
Done. The Zealot can disguise as a human, and you taught him how to blend in.
+Human-disguise Zealot

The ancestor would emerge from his slumber, looking over the black desert to see how his beetles had changed it. He would then concider two things: One is that while the luxling was his own creation in mockery of lux and his early foolishness, he turned them into a race of his own, which rapidly went extinct. The other is that the humans, who were immune to divine power, were still thriving unnaturally well. Finally, Looking over what records the Arradians left closely He would attempt to resurrect them in his former chamber, the "Forbidden room." Perhaps they would think that instead of him being their creator that it was a safeguard against a foreseen event.
[5] From the Plains bordering the Black Desert, the Desert only looks like an infinite expanse of darkness.
But to those who dared exploring it, they would discover cyclopean cities of great majesty, huge monuments to an unknown god and ruins filled to the brim with treasures. Arradians never stopped revering you. For them, the Forbidden Chamber contained what they called "The Heart". They held the belief that they would return to the Heart upon death.

They weren't wrong in a way, as part of their Ether still lived in you.

As you wandered in the lost and grandiose halls of the Arradian Greatest Hive, you learnt a lot. Arradian carved their history on their walls, using a unique process that would allow the writings to stay pristine for eons.

Here is what went wrong.

At the peak of the Arradian civilization, there existed hundreds of different Hives. Half led by the wise Queens and Kings, and another half led by power-hungry Queens and Kings. But overall, peace lasted as the Hive-Link united them despite their differences.

Then one particular Arradian King traveled with his army to...

...the Black Palace. There, he lost his whole troops, but managed to reach the center chamber of the Palace, and there...

...He saw an impossible being, recorded as "The Black Dragon of Beginnings and Endings". Despite being dormant, the influence of the Dragon was still there and poured into the Arradian King's mind. As a long-lived, strong and respected King, he saw the rise of his people to the current apex.

..."We had our Beginning. Our End must come."...

...With a new twisted vision, his Ego surpassed the Hive-Link and he suppressed his fellow Queens and Kings mercilessly. Many opposed him, but all of them fell to his might. He conquered the Black Desert, forming the Arradian Empire.

And then, he ordered every Arradians under his Will to see their end. Those who didn't, he saw by himself they did.

The Ancestor loses 2000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
In the Forbidden Chamber, you create 10 Arradian Beetles.

Lux loses 2000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [4]
You recreate once more a dozen of Luxlings, but this time even stronger than the old ones.
+"New" Luxlings. Tougher than "Old" Luxlings
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:19:22 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »

Try, Try again, Hopefully Lux Doesn't try again...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »

"Stop please i will destroy that thing as many times as you make it it infuriates you and I'm asking you now to stop!"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »

If you Continue Even I can See that You will die. You Killed my Creation off the First time For offering a Solution to Long and Painful Deaths, Thus the Next time you Try I will Attempt to "Remove" you.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2016, 01:29:46 pm »

"Listen the problem I have is that it takes the souls of the dead to you I can't accept that as a god of souls it is my responsibility and my obligation to make sure souls are safe and fine and that reaper kills people I don't care if it ends lives that are suffering but you can't just kill stupid people with it that's murder and it's not acceptable! "

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »

B1- Build structure: Something strong enough to block one of those blasts around Lux. One use only.

B3- Build structure: A great highway between the three villages, providing safe and quick travel between them.

Then ask what the nomadic tribe wants built for them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:52:36 pm by Wozzy »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2016, 01:37:14 pm »

So It's Fair for the God of Souls to be in charge of Souls, But not for the God of Death to be in Charge of Death? That is Hypocritical, By your Logic it Was Wrong for you to Slay The First one who had yet to kill anyone. Thus. You. Are. a. Hypocritical. Murder.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38