Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecarts stop working  (Read 931 times)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minecarts stop working
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:23:32 am »

I've set up some minecart routes which worked at first, but eventually the dwarves started ignoring them.  Minecarts empty, feeding stockpiles full, and 30 idlers.  The "store item in vehicle" job doesn't even appear in Jobs.  I managed to kick one of them into being loaded again by adding a 'move every 7 days no matter what' operation, but now its stalled again, for another 7 days.  What gives?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:26:08 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecarts stop working
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:07:50 pm »

I've seen the same issue, where minecart quantum stockpiles just stops working randomly for an unknown reason. Somehow the mine cart loading jobs can fall between the cracks. I haven't tried it myself, but I would consider deleting the route and redefine it again. I would also consider deleting the feeder stockpiles and recreating them in the same location (but try one approach at a time).

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 08:30:30 pm »

Try setting up a stockpile nearby that only accepts minecarts, unassign all the carts, let them get drug to t he stockpile, then reassign the carts to the routes
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »

Try setting up a stockpile nearby that only accepts minecarts, unassign all the carts, let them get drug to t he stockpile, then reassign the carts to the routes

Okay, this is helping, previously I'd used minecarts that weren't in a stockpile yet.  Maybe that was why.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Kogan Onulsodel

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 12:30:41 am »

You could also try forbidding the minecart and then reclaiming it. Don't know if it'll actually work, but when I'm doing quantum stockpiles, forbidding is how I turn them off temporarily.