Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we change setting ? [I forgot to change the question name...]

Keep current setting, as in the Divine Entities (Players) are creating things around, with the looming and incomprehensible threat of the [RNG]
- 4 (50%)
Switch to another setting: you are the First Divine Beings of an Universe, having traveled there. Creating Major Laws and eventually more.[Looming threat different from initial setting]
- 2 (25%)
Same as 2), but you are descendants of the "Protearchs" so no Major Law to create. [RNG] is Looming.
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: May 26, 2016, 12:39:49 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - OOC  (Read 13193 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - OOC
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »

The last active Protearch.

Edit: Also don't forget the Decimarch. I didn't say it properly, but it was designed as a "God-Killer" in case something went too wrong.

Edit2: Also I have to leave for a few hours. Next turn will come later as a result.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:53:20 pm by Nakéen »

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:18 pm »

Edit: Also don't forget the Decimarch. I didn't say it properly, but it was designed as a "God-Killer" in case something went too wrong.

Edit2: Also I have to leave for a few hours. Next turn will come later as a result.
Don't worry I'm only going to vanquish all the Gods that oppose that invisible thingy...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2016, 07:13:33 pm »

Don't worry I'm only going to vanquish all the Gods that oppose that invisible thingy...
Or Get Torn Apart by Everyone, Or Slaughtered by my Pet Reaper as it Hacks you Apart with a Dull Scythe...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:25:56 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2016, 07:23:39 pm »

Sorry I have to save the world people are counting on me!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2016, 07:33:29 pm »

Or Get Torn Apart by Everyone, Or Slaughtered by my Pet Reaper as it Hacks you Apart with a Dull Scythe...
Good luck!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2016, 12:20:26 pm »

About Time shenanigans. Here we go for some pseudo-explanatory paragraph.

So in this universe, I visualize Time as a torrent of water going down an empty riverbed with infinite possible paths.

Past is the already filled riverbed.
Present is the torrent's edge.
Future is the yet to be filled riverbed.

The Past and the Future only exists as information.
None can move the torrent to a past or future state.

You can't "travel" to the Past or the Future as it is just information, the memory of a state. Like if you wanted to travel in a photography.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:20:16 pm by Nakéen »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2016, 03:12:34 pm »

About Time shenanigans. Here we go for some pseudo-explanatory paragraph.

So in this universe, I visualize Time as a torrent of water going down an empty riverbed with infinite possible paths.

Past is the already filled riverbed.
Present is the torrent's edge.
Future is the yet to be filled riverbed.

The Past and the Future only exists as information.
None can move the torrent to a past of future state.

You can't "travel" to the Past or the Future as it is just information, the memory of a state. Like if you wanted to travel in a photography.
That's deep;)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2016, 12:38:29 pm »

Waiting for Atian's action to write the turn. The coming turn(s) will help wrap the left gods fate.

Also, I might as well start a poll for the hypothetic next game.

If we do start a "new" game afterward, it will be a little different. Interesting in some ways, but we will have time discussing it.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2016, 01:03:50 pm »

I've already made a new character :P

One thing I would like to see next game is more expensive base costs for creating life. The energy to ether ratio could also be a bit adjusted: creating life should be more ether intensive than modifying it.

Just my $.02

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »

I'm still gonna use lux next game most likely.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »

[Currently Writing Long-Ass Post]

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:41 pm »

[Currently Writing Long-Ass Post]

The end times are upon us I see.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:39 pm »

Seeing the results seems positive for now, I might as well expose what I had in mind with this game.

Prepare for Wall-O-Text.

Question answering :
One thing I would like to see next game is more expensive base costs for creating life. The energy to ether ratio could also be a bit adjusted: creating life should be more ether intensive than modifying it.

Just my $.02
Actually I made it so modifying would be more expensive voluntarily to prevent the following problem : if modifying post creation is cheaper, then there is no reason to create a being loaded with characteristics in one go. One would just create a simple being and immediately mass modify it to save resources.

Of course, I could circumvent this issue by equalizing during-creation and post-creation modification addition/removal costs.
But for that, see "What's Next".

My "Vision" :

Some probably realized that gaining Energy and Ether was incredibly easy. Technically, Energy reserves were infinite as long as you chewed on the environment. Ether could easily be farmed and harvested from living beings.

Why so ?

Because I intended for this game to have an insane power creep, so insane that your Gods would eventually become massive world creators, creating planets as easily as one would raise mountains, and even super-worlds like the initial one with some more effort. With power so grand nothing could stand before you. Except for the "Cosmic Entity".

Ideally, it would have went on crazily like this, until the Cosmic Weedgie noticed you and a clash occurred. By then, you should have been so powerful an epic battle would have occurred... You would even could have the choice to side with the Cosmic Entity or fight for the "legacy" of the Protearchs.

But we all know what happened. Dimensional shenanigans and all prematurely ended the world.

What's next ? :

So for the next game, I would like to try something.

The creation process will begin at the very beginning of the "Universe", as YOU will decide and vote for what Major Laws apply in this Universe.

The Major Laws will be unalterable, except if more than half of the entities from the highest divine class accept a modification.

As an example, here are some of the Major Laws of the Universe used :
-TIME: A unique flowing stream, Past and Future exist as memory
>No time travel possible
-SPACE: "standard" tridimensional space
>Portals possible
-ETHER: Ether is a divine substance that can't be wielded by "non-Divine" beings. Define Existence. Toxic to Void.
-VOID: Filler substance of empty dimensions/universes. Erase Existence.
-SOUL: souls are made from Ether, and act according to the following rules :
>A portion returns to Creators upon death
>A portion returns to the World upon death

What you will choose will greatly affect the gameplay, especially if you decide to throw a weird ass Time notion. But we will see what happen, and that's all the fun in it.
I will also let you adjust costs, but there will be a minimum cost to prevent everything from costing peanuts.

And of course, there will already be some unalterable principles. Mainly principles not under your control, like extra-dimensional cabbages.

I may have forgotten some details, but the overall idea is there. Ah, and I will add another poll later, to see how the next game will work.
Will we keep the current mechanics ? Or will everything be decided by you ? Or something else ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:39:32 pm by Nakéen »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »

I think the time principles are pretty solid!

If you do create another game Fredegar could join it or nah :D

And FREDEGAR WINS WOOOOO!!!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »

Fredigar didn't win he's merely a filthy traitor who sold his soul that isent fredegar it's his corspe filled with darkness fredegar lost harder then anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15