Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy  (Read 6573 times)

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lazy_Perfectionist:
<STRONG>(colony was not planned, dwarves thrown together by chance, preferably with skills irrelevant to the task at hand).</STRONG>

So the automatic start?

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2007, 07:43:00 pm »

Not quite, Reign on your Parade, not quite.

The play now part isn't quite random enough for my tastes. I've got something else in mind. Something much more cruel, and less practical. See, these dwarfs weren't planning a colony, and they weren't part of a group, just travelers with no common thread but the bad luck to be on the S.S. Minnow's maiden voyage in a haunted sea. Each dwarf will be allocated a portion of the total points to be spent on their personal belongings, tools of their trade, and possibly goods they were planning to sell overseas, stuff like that. Whatever they want, actually. If they were a worthless noble, then they're allowed to bring nothing but gems and jewelry. If they wanted, they could be failed expedition leaders returning home or ambitious youngsters who planned to travel to the frontier mountainhome and stake out their claim, recruiting likeminded individuals there before setting out- but never made it. They could just be guards for freight, or a penniless stowaway.

As a bonus, before the game starts, the dwarves will meet each other, but not what the other dwarves brought along with them (with the exception of the captain, who may be allowed to be practical if things look really desperate- aka no picks) barring certain items that are essential to the dwarf's character. Such as a proud jaguar-hunting speardwarf has some items that are likely to be public knowledge, while a merchant will likely have most of his stuff crated up, only bringing a few samples, if any, abovedeck.

Practically speaking, this means that dwarfs would PM me their allocation of points and only know the full situation once shipwrecked.

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lazy_Perfectionist:

Now there is an idea. That could create a real challenge. Seven random dwarves meeting up with nothing but the goods they just happened to have on them at a time  becoming shipwrecked and having to create a new home for themselves until they can find out how to get back to the mountain homes.

Hopefully they wont be eaten by a zombie whale though.

Count me in for this community fortress when you set it up. Wont say what I will be though.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>
Count me in for this community fortress when you set it up.</STRONG>

Me too.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

That
is
so
AWESOME!
Me three!
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »

Clan Imp remains ever faithful to you, Akroma. So what if your fortresses haven't done so well. You make it SOUND good, so it's always interesting.

Me four!

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2007, 12:12:00 am »

Well if you get a clan than I get... the house Pard! That demands at least 1/10 of the military is traveling in a circle in a courtyard or main hallway at a time!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2007, 07:46:00 am »

well, since you are all so interested, i will make yet another fortress

I am currently generating a new world, once it gets down i will keep an eye out for good places.

But I am not really for the cursed shipwreck, since I have baaad memories from my last try to get through an aquifer

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2007, 12:08:00 am »

I for one very much like Lazy_Perfectionists' idea. And Akroma, you said you weren't one for shipwrecks, but we haven't done too good of a job surviving so far anyways (No offense). I think you should do it, you have the writing skills.
 find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]