Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy  (Read 6570 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2007, 08:59:00 am »

Akroma's log 27th felsite 1251

Today was the day I was going to go out and lure a skeletal camel into one of our traps. As I approached them, my hearth was racing like the war drums of the goblins. After what seemed an eternity of traveling through the sea of black sand, i found a small group, and one of them saw me. I run like I have never run in my life before.
I am still remembering what I saw at the lake, and this time it was more than just a small fish that wanted me dead.
I am making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
I managed to capture one of them, and am now trying to bring it into the research area without alerting the other dwarves. If Kira gets to know of my research, I can concider it cancelled.

Security report 003: -test subject SC01-
Test subject SC01 is to be kept in captivity all time.
Test subject SC01 may only be fed when an experiment requires it to be fed.
Should test subject SC01, or any other SC test subject ever be able to escape it's cage, it is to be neutralized immediatly.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 09:08:00 am »

Heh, interesting concept.  Also, Portal reference.  That's worth a cookie.   :D

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2007, 10:50:00 am »

Akroma's log 22th hematite 1251

Today I got my hands on a beast of extraordinary viciousness. It's strong bones are white as the boulers around us, and it's fangs look like they could crush rocks. Sever metal as if it was wet paper.
A skeletal leopard.
It's strong fangs made me think, do the undead have to eat ?
Do these fangs exist to rip apart food ?
I shall make various tests about this.

I also aquired a second skeletal camel, but that wasnot my intention.
It shall be sold to the caravan that will come in 3 months.
[edit: I just remembered that selling an untamed animals causes it to break free from the cage... better not risk my luck]

Security report 004: -test subject SL01-
Test subject SL01 is to be kept in captivity all time.
Test subject SL01 may only be fed when an experiment requires it to be fed.
Should test subject SL01, or any other SC test subject ever be able to escape it's cage, it is to be neutralized immediatly.

Experiment 02, security level 1, restricted access.
Test subjects SC01 and SL01 will be confronted with various food:
-A piece of raccon meat
-A plump helmet
-A living rat

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:00 am »

Report on experiment 02, security level1 restricted access

Both test subjects reacted fully identical:
The meat and the plump helmet were totaly ignored, unlike the researcher who rbough the food to them. The test subjects started to attack the cage bars as soon as he neared.

Once the living rat was introduced, it was attacked viciously, by test subject SC01 and Sl01 alike. After it was killed, it's remains were left unattended.
We came to the conclusion that undead need no food.
Their motivation to attack all living creatures is still to be determined.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »

Akroma's log 10th Malachite 1251

They are coming.
We counted 4 of them, 3 zombies and 1 skeleton.
I and Zatam shall go out and face them in battle.

Will soon write again.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »

I'm surprised Kira hasn't dug out a channel while you were out. And just happened to forget to have Rondur build a bridge.

Wait there is no water on the map and your sending out dwarves to fight? One injury above bruised and they're dead. Clearly not a good leader.

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: THLawrence ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »

(note, I send them to fight because a. my cage traps weren't reloaded yet, b) I am trying to make an interesting story here and c) I have no idea, BLOOD FOR ARMOK)

Events as they occured on 10th malachite 1251

Akroma and Zatam stood brave in the black sand. This was their new home, and they would not give in.
One of the Zombies seperated from the group as he was chasing Imp, and was clearly a good opportunity to begin the attack.
Zatam started the attack, wrestling the camel unto the ground, as Akroma started to swing his pick at the half rotten legs. his inital strikes were succesful, and 3 of the camels leg seemed even more damaged than they already were(brown wound).
However his luck abandoned him, as he failed to land any hits after the first few. Zatam started to strangle the camel, hoping to overpower it with brute force, but to no avail. The undead do not need to breath. But Zatam did.
And soon she was exhausted and gasping for air. This was when Akroma, who was still trying to get a hit on the camel made a cruel discovery. The wounds on it's legs were closing (brown wound to light grey wound(didn't know zombies do that<_< )).
Akroma's eyes widened in amazement: There was research to be done. He was so hyped that he did not notice that Zatam was making gagging noises. Her throat was a horrible view. The camel sqashed it flat, and as Zatam was falling on her knees, blood spewed from her mouth, like it was trying to flee.
Akroma realized that alone, he stood no chance, as the other Zombies were about to join the fight.
In a desperate move, he called every dwarf in the settlement for help, and to help they came.
But to no avail. One after the other proofed worthless against the undead army.

Zareth Mosos, the desert of tragey, fell.

(and again a fortress that didn't make it through the first year. Note to myself: stay the f*** away from haunted biomes)

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 03:47:00 pm »

Why were you attacking with a wrestler and a pick wielder. You should have attacked with an axe wielder. They would have taken out a zombie in a few seconds. Let me guess, you didnt bring an axe. Heading to a haunted place full of undead and didnt bring an axe. Didnt even dig a channel in front of the compound. No, all you care about is your precious research. Have to find out what makes the land tick now dont you. Now what research can you do. No fort, no research.

Sorry about being rude in the above rant but I was trying to take it from Kiras point of view. Anyway, great ending. We all charge out and get kill by zombie camels. Gonna try for a third fort. I would like to join that one too if you do.

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: THLawrence ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »

Could the next one possibly be a succession game instead of community?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>Why were you attacking with a wrestler and a pick wielder. You should have attacked with an axe wielder. They would have taken out a zombie in a few seconds. Let me guess, you didnt bring an axe. Heading to a haunted place full of undead and didnt bring an axe. Didnt even dig a channel in front of the compound. No, all you care about is your precious research. Have to find out what makes the land tick now dont you. Now what research can you do. No fort, no research.

Sorry about being rude in the above rant but I was trying to take it from Kiras point of view. Anyway, great ending. We all charge out and get kill by zombie camels. Gonna try for a third fort. I would like to join that one too if you do.

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: THLawrence ]</STRONG>

axes on treeless maps sure are very useful

also, from Akroma's point of view, all goods were already packed by Kiras group
it was him who led the fortress (being major etc) research and all that relates to it was done by akroma alone (he even was the only one with animal hauling, so that only he carries the cages)

that being said, I think I will wait with new community fortresses for a while, I seriously need to improve my skill in not-dying

also, with Akroma dead I need a new plot
just a decendant would be kinda lame

Chaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mist Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

Shame it had to end like that, it seemed to be going in an interesting direction. Oh well.
A lurker has sprung from ambush!

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 05:24:00 pm »

Thats twice Akroma. Twice. Nosey and Wesker never came due to unforeseen consequences. The Blood God will not be pleased.   :p

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

I am not pleased! Please say you had a backup!
*I* want to hear the continuation of this!
Before the last post this was great, now that only made the fall longer, I'm actually angry!

*Idea* continue whiteout DF, maybe, I to need to know what was going on whit those undead, and that seems to be the price.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

Next game needs more fallout.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2007, 06:36:00 pm »

Mutant radioactive dwarfs, with pistols instead of crossbows, and powerarmor?

Losing is fun, and Akroma is quite talented at finding _fun_ ways to die. A Colossus in the first year?

I'm actually interested in joining in another doomed community fortress. I've got a whole horror-shipwreck idea and the perfect site- the only problem is storytelling ability- I have none. I'm not much of a DF expert, but am a fairly cautious player and the basic background suits a haphazard approach (colony was not planned, dwarves thrown together by chance, preferably with skills irrelevant to the task at hand).

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5