Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy  (Read 6572 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »

I call a peasant in the next immigration.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

Any chance you can upload the map to the DFMA?

Hmm... I would like to be a Mechanic, please. Use the name, "Defender"

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 03:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>Any chance you can upload the map to the DFMA?

Hmm... I would like to be a Mechanic, please. Use the name, "Defender"</STRONG>

horrible truth: I have no idea how to upload anything onto the map-archieve

and even so, the map is completely empty and featureless, so i won't upload it untill my fortress has grown big enough to be interesting

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 08:58:00 am »

Akroma's log 18 granite 1251

To my utmost discontent I see that most of the group are still seing Kira as their leader.

As of now, working forces are scarce, and we need every man we have. Jowever, his days are counted. This is my fortress, and I will not give it to him.
Eventhough he is a very good broker, I will not allow him to trade. I will work hard and surpass him on a legal way. I will become mayor, and I do not even need to "get rid of him" to get rid of him.

And even so, he shall make an interesting test-subject

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 09:27:00 am »

Akroma's log 23 granite 1251

One can sure say that I was suprised, to see this little fellow in the sand:

Just as the fireflies, it's existance here should be impossible. How can a toad live without water, how does it protect itself from the burning sun ?

It leads me to believe that that stinking lake is still here. I am sure. Out there !
Beneath the surface of the desert, and maybe beneath the surface of reality.

(i checked the wiki and it sais toads only spawn in pools. but even if it did, how did it reach the surface ?. can vermin enter from the edge of the map ? or is my theory true, and there is an underground lake somewhere towards the north of the map ?)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:00 am »

Autopsie report of test subject T01. security level 0-access to all

The test subject is a male toad, with theeth wounds in it's torso as a result of a cat attack.
The skin was still slimey and the flesh was fresh, indicating that this toad was still alive before being killed by the cat.
It was not undead.
However, it was skinny, showing an obvious malnutrition.

[ December 19, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 09:44:00 am »

I claim a Dwarf in the next migration. Name him Wesker or Albert, for all the to obvious reasons.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 09:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nos3y:
<STRONG>I claim a Dwarf in the next migration. Name him Wesker or Albert, for all the to obvious reasons.</STRONG>

seems like someone wants security level 1 or even 2 huh ?

for all the obvious reasons, elaborate this dwarf please, for he could play a role in the plot at some point

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 09:51:00 am »

Let us pretend he wears sunglasses all the time. Unlike the other Dwarves he keeps himself well groomed. He plays everything cool, there's just something not right about this certain dwarf. He works deligently, but seems to have some sort of ulterior motive behind it all. Secret Meetings? Spending too much time researching the living dead? What is he up to?
*Queue Scary Music*

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

Akroma's log 27th of granite 1251

After the digging of all rooms is done, I ordered a small room to be dug out to store the remains of all animals killed by our cats.
This room will be useful in further research.

Security report 001: -Research room 1-
This room serves the purpose of storing remains of small animals, as well as housing all experiments undertaken by them.
It shall be build away from the eye of public access.
Access is denyed to everyone but personal of the security level 1 or higher.

Experiment 001: security level1- restricted access

Starting from the first day of slate 1251 to an undetermined date, all remains of small dead animals shall be stored inside research room 1.
The goal of this experiment shall be to determine wether or not animals that die after or while coming in contact with the sand of the dried up lake stay dead, or become undead after a while. The test subjects may be used for other research in the meanwhile as well.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 10:28:00 am »

Akroma's log 6th slate 1251

Today, the first plump helmets that we planted into the ground grew big enough to be harvested. I am hesitant to eat anything that grew out of this cursed ground, however I will keep all those who regularly eat these plants under close survailance.

I would have loved to use the plump helmets as test subjects, however they are the only food we can grow, and every single one is needed to keep this fortress alive.
Once we reached a certain level of self-sufficency, I shall dig out a small farming space for research purposes.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2007, 12:45:00 pm »

Underground lakes only appear in mountains. So the toads and fireflies must come from off map.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 11:59:00 pm »

Scratch that tax collector thing, make me a macedwarf or a hammerdwarf. "Penguinofhonor" by name.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 08:27:00 am »

Akroma's log 22th felsite 1251

Aftera long time of work, which would have been much shorter if Imp was a little bit less lazy when it comes to building traps, we finished building our first line of defence.

So far we never had to deal with the udnead, but this will soon change.
As soon as the digging of the new living area for migrants is done, I will personaly be the lure to catch some of the undead in the cages. I'd rather not to, but since I am the fastest dwarf around, it sounds like a reasonable choice.

Security reprot 002: -research room 2-
This room serves the purpose of storing captured undead, as well as executing experiments on them.
Acess denied to everyone but personal of the security level 1 or higher.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 08:32:00 am »

Report on Experiment 001, security level 1 restricted access

In the last few months, the remains of all small creatures were stored in research room 1, to test if the black sand can make a dead creature undead. The result was, that all small creatures completely rotted away before becoming an undead.

Either the sand alone has no effect, or they rot away too fast.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5