Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy  (Read 6571 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:11:00 am »

After my original attempt of creating a community fortress was all too suddenly ended(still angry) I have come up with a story that deals about 200 years later (eventho the calendar still sais 1051)

same deal as always, need 6 people to join, will embark tomorrow
if by then not enough people have joined, they can still join, but won't be able to pick their proffesion

Akroma's log 20th Obsidian 1251

The world I lived in is no more. For hundreds of years elven scientists warned us, that burning too much bitumous coal in our furnaces would cause the everlasting dimension of oracles to heat up, but we never believed them.
Who would believe these pointy-eared treehuggers anyway ?

Me neither

But our caravan returned with strangest sightings, and more importanly, new maps.
The world is no longer changing, the world HAS changed.
Where there were once mountains, flatland is roaming, where there once were glaciers are now jungles filled with elven scum.

Ages have passed since the events that occured at the black lake, but never shall I be granted the mercy of forgettfullness. Haunted by the song of the undead, I purchased one of the new maps, and it is hard to overstate my astonishment. The whole lake has dried down, nothing is left of the huge masses of liquid obsidian.
The new information has risen my sence for adventure.
I always wanted to complete my research about the undead, and I won't let this opportunity pass.
I shall gaver a small group of adventurers and board the next caravan, once we pass the desert we shall simply split from the group and strike the earth.

I still have a bet to win...

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
Re: Zareth Mosos, The desert of tragedy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:18:00 am »

Name: Kira
Profession: Miner/Appraiser

Do we get to pick any supplies? If so how many points?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:22:00 am »

sadly only a minimum amount of supplies, lets say, 30 points not counting skills , as treeless haunted maps need to be planned carefully

instead, ask for achritecture you want

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:30:00 am »

Name: Rondur (translation: Rage fist - Male), or Zatam (translation (stab babies - Female).
Profession: Mason/Stonecrafter
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »

Sounds great! I'm in.

Name: Imp
Skills: Carpenter, Mechanic, Miner

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Detritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »

Would like to join this. :-)

Name: Detritus
Profession: Brewer/Butcher

If possible, a cat. Can buy rum with the rest.

EDIT. Also, feel free to use him/her as an emergency cannon fodder in case there will be such need, available for military duties too when not needed in anything else.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Detritus ]

Optimist drowns in a half-full tub.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »

yo add me in as a mason with the name "stoner" odd name huh?
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »

1 dwarf left

*chrosses fingers for a farmer*

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »

you could always make my guy a farmer/mason.

edit:also ima be gone for awhile so i wont comment on thing till i get back.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Flyingdwarf ]

I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Flyingdwarf:
<STRONG>you could always make my guy a farmer/mason.</STRONG>

one can never need enough masons, especially when you need to build walls and bridges as early as possible to keep away...well I am guessing on skeletal camels
*crosses finger for skeletal/undead giant skorpions*

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »

One guy left? I'll take him... as a farmer/brewer/cook.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »

Well I would like to make a few changes to mine after noticing that you are keeping your old dwarf, who has appraiser.

Profession: Miner/Bowyer
15 turtles

And why do you WANT undead giant scorpions?

The bowyer part is in case I get a strange mood. Nothing beats masterwork crossbows. Other then ballistas.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »

why is this here ?

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »

I'd like to join as the first military dwarf you get in migration, Doesn't matter what type.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>Well I would like to make a few changes to mine after noticing that you are keeping your old dwarf, who has appraiser.

Profession: Miner/Bowyer
15 turtles

And why do you WANT undead giant scorpions?

The bowyer part is in case I get a strange mood. Nothing beats masterwork crossbows. Other then ballistas.</STRONG>

sadly I embarked already and am writing the rest of the backstory right now

don't worry, sooner or later it will come handy to have 1 dwarf who is trader and another who is bookkeeper/organizer

also, you can always be my rival for the mayor post

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5