Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 'Quickquickness': gotta go FAST! [42.06] - players wanted  (Read 4728 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Quickquickness': gotta go FAST! [42.06]
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:47 am »

...Followed by its quick demise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another victory for the Quickquickness! The enemy was cruchsed under superb command of mighty leader Sonuvagimli! Huzzah! This calls for a commemorative statue! And a slab! Maybe I shall give the deceased treehumper a nice clear glass tomb right where the bugger kicked the bucket! Or shall I say, "buket"(quickness) kicked him? Hahaha!

Spriggans is to make all this paraphernalia! I will personally engrave the slab! This day shall be known as the Bucket day! Nobody is to do any work on 09-09 from now onward! It is a national fort holiday! But first, the ugly corpse must be dumped into the trash compactor. I use Ashen bridge to squish the pointy-eared bastard. Nobody can call me inhumane now - I let the elf to be with nature even in death, muahah.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 03:51:07 am »

So ? Did the cat die ?  :(
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:11 am »

126-10-04
I think I've ordered some glass items done, Spriggans. What are you doing slacking off? Oh? Someone else has taken over your tasks? Ok, I'll see to it.

You've come to the wrong fortress, bloodsucking scum! It must be locked away immediately!

Lets give Dwarven High a test run. See how well you can learn to dodge boulders, scum. In the meantime, Spriggans produces a nice statue, that accurately depicts the entire Weregila ordeal with scrupulous attention to the details:

Surely, it represents my humble part in slaying of the beast perfectly! Spriggans is awarded a better room and exempted from all the hauling for her artistry. She shall be the main glassmaker of the fort, having reached almost legendary skill level.

Frigging vampire keeps climbing out of the Dwarven High! I order the entire upward tunnel to be smoothed asap!

Two births in a row bring us to 61 souls.

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:04 am »

126-12-03
This is the last month of 126. I feel compelled to include the full fortress layout in my overseer journal.

-1 floor:
Ground floor:
First floor:
Second Floor:

127-01-02
Spring time! All things are made anew. Another year shall run under glorious leadership of Urist Sonuva....

Oh, is there a gathering outside my room? No need for ovations - I've been only doing my duty as an overseer and... Wait, they are not cheering. In fact, all I hear is "Boo" and angry remarks. A speaker for the crowd announces, that due to...

-No gold being found
-No copper being found either
-No library being built
-No masterful engravings
-Low export values
-Reluctance to dig deeper

...Sonuvagimli is hence being impeached! The rascals have the courage to blame their slow footslogging on me! Agrh! The same reason I was removed from position of king's adviser - the masses cannot appreciate all the good I've done so far, and only focus on what is lacking... An expected outcome, alas. I shall surrender my office, and contine on the craft I've perfected over the time - Wood Burning.

But remember, fort gets an overseer it deserves, not the one it needs...

*End of Ex-king's adviser Sonuvagimli's journal*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
End-of-reign summary:

1.Largely strengthened military
2.Improved fort defenses, with insta-kill controlled cave-ins and drawbridge tunnels. Fortifications at the above-ground floor make it impossible for enemies to climb over walls.
3.Every citizen is accommodated.
4.Streamlined and optimized the industry and stockpiles layout, with the focus on efficiency
5.Trained a legendary diagnostician.
6.No dwarven deaths record.
7.Plenty of food and booze, enough to last  for 5 months.
8.100(50) FPS

Not many fun events happened around year 126. However, I tried to detail most notable ones with better detail, so there is at least something. For the next overseer, I advice to develop leatherworking industry and make every citizen wear full leather armor. Also, fort has no gypsum plaster, so a wounded marksdwarf is still bedridden. Use the masterwork furniture stockpile to make super-mega valuable items, decorated with every kind of gem.

The turn goes to Gwolfski.
P.S:Cat lives!

SAVE
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:02:53 am by Urist Sonuvagimli »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:13 am »

Quick indeed!

I thought wood splints can be used in lieu of gypsum plasters?

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 10:05:33 am »

Not all of the bones. I guess compound fractures and small breaks are way too delicate for a splint. Atm, all the doctors do is strap the marksdwarf to the traction bench and then infinitely diagnose her.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:09:24 am by Urist Sonuvagimli »

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Quickquickness': gotta go FAST! [42.06] - players wanted
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 10:59:11 am »

Gwolfski, your turn has come. Since you'r enot taking it, I suppose you'd like it delayed?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »

next week ill be free...
pass it on, can t waste time!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 03:24:59 am »

Ok, next person to request the turn will get it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]