Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65

Author Topic: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent (OOC)  (Read 54845 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent (OOC)
« Reply #510 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:09 pm »

I'd assume it's a compromise depending on what it goes up against; if going against a Beyblade, it's the size of one, if going up against other things, it'll be about their size, etc.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:52 pm »

That only works if both players, y'know, are using the same game. Otherwise, it's pretty much bullshit.
It's not though.

Look, the point is, in Exploding Kittens, turns are more like hitpoints.  An extra turn increases the chance that you will get exploded.
The point is, though, going purely by RAW things like Exploding Kitten don't exist at all in games like Yu-Gi-Oh or Hearthstone or M:tG so, by your logic, Exploding Kittens cant do shit to those games.
By my logic, the rule "if you get exploded, you lose" applies.

Also by my logic, attacks should be ported to the attackee's system.  Which, in this case, means Cina should draw cards.

Purely by RAW, Kisa should be the most broken character in the game because Tamagotchi are literally incapable of dying by any means short of being neglected or old age, and attacks completely fail to kill them. Even a fuckin' Baneblade can't touch them.

There is a reason we do NOT use pure RAW.
RAW of Tamagotchi seems to me like neglect would include 'letting your pet tank a fireball'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 05, 2016, 04:49:51 pm »

No, by pure RAW, neglect would be 'forgetting to feed and clean them'. Fireballs do not EXIST in Tamagotchi, therefore by pure RAW they cannot hurt them.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2016, 04:51:10 pm »

Wait.

You let IcyTea have a Baneblade.

...Well there goes balance right out the window, if he gets a Baneblade I'm bringing an Imperator Titan.
One of the Yu-Gi-Oh! players has literal gods in their deck. In the plural. It's pretty common for tabletop games to afford their players immensely powerful things.

Beyond that, the Power of Heart will probably matter more than the apparent strength of game pieces. If you don't love your gun, it's not going to shoot baddies for you.

Wait, is it the size it'd be in the game or if it was real? If the latter, size comparison:
I interpreted it as being a miniature when out of the game, and 'real' size when in it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »

It's full sized, but the beyblade usually ends up summoning it's inner thingie for when it is actually doing something.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

I think what Elf is saying, is that there is literally no way this game would work at all if we ported over systems as you are suggesting.

-snip-

Still, seems a bit much.

So now I'm conflicted between doing 40k and having like a 100 Imperial Guardsmen/a few Leman Russ tanks, and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

MONOPOLY

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »

That only works if both players, y'know, are using the same game. Otherwise, it's pretty much bullshit.
It's not though.

Look, the point is, in Exploding Kittens, turns are more like hitpoints.  An extra turn increases the chance that you will get exploded.
The point is, though, going purely by RAW things like Exploding Kitten don't exist at all in games like Yu-Gi-Oh or Hearthstone or M:tG so, by your logic, Exploding Kittens cant do shit to those games.
By my logic, the rule "if you get exploded, you lose" applies.

Also by my logic, attacks should be ported to the attackee's system.  Which, in this case, means Cina should draw cards.
No because 'you exploded you lose' doesnt exist in those games and, therefore, would fail to take effect for the same reason that attacks would apparently be ported over to drawing cards for Cina.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2016, 04:55:31 pm »

MONOPOLY
What, make a ludicrously rich person who just buys the city to fight?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2016, 04:56:35 pm »

"BeatCrush your enemies with Capitalism and Estate Business."

Play Monopoly™

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

@Blitz:Let me just remove all fluff: "You lose unless you have this card."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 05, 2016, 04:58:41 pm »

Besides, RAW is used mostly for the purpose of keeping things somewhat streamlined.

It uses RL logic somewhat, which includes being blasted with lazers hurting you.

Monopoly is prolly limited to dungeon things.

You get one more comment before this argument is over TBF.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 05, 2016, 04:59:52 pm »

@Blitz:Let me just remove all fluff: "You lose unless you have this card."
...your point? That still doesn't exist in any of the aforementioned games, and therefore, according to you, wouldnt work.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:31 pm »

@Shade:In Exploding Kittens, Turns.  Are.  Hit points.  Taking more turns makes you more likely to lose.  This should be how she takes damage.

@Blitz:I think you are forgetting that CARDS HAVING EFFECTS exists in ALL of those games.  Just because there is no identical card, doesn't mean that the words on it are somehow invalid.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Look, if you're going to basically leave Cina dead on the opponent's first turn, Shade, I'm going to scrap her and start afresh, because it would be incredibly stupid to continue playing a character that dies every time before she can even do anything.  And she can't do anything if she can't use her cards to attack and take an attack, because amazingly enough, her game works like that.  Making it work otherwise would make it either a completely different game, or completely useless.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »

That makes no bloody sense. So how about games like Tamagotchi, Digimon and Scannerz, which use devices? Beyblade? Gormiti? Monopoly?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65