Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65

Author Topic: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent (OOC)  (Read 54768 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2016, 11:00:14 am »

Oooh, I was going to use Scannerz, and one person was planning on using Digimon, so this fills out the trifecta of Keychain competitive games.
Actually... Hm.

This requires a bit more thought, then.

yes i am intentionally being cryptic as shit
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2016, 11:10:37 am »

Hm. I'm going to need to figure out how Tamagotchi are going to be useful out of combat because while, by technicality, the only way to kill them is through bad care, they have literally no way of attacking anyone :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:05 am »

Can't you invite others over? They could be useful for raising other peoples statistics through love and care.

Take that Kuribo, and love it into a proper beast of a Duel Monster.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2016, 11:19:15 am »

Yeah, probably.

Designated team medic, here we go. :P
EDIT: Also, as my character literally cannot fight back against anything bar some ridiculous bullshit, is my character permitted access to two Tamagotchi?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:23:43 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2016, 11:31:52 am »

Oooh, the Tamagotchi idea is really interesting.

It makes me want to explore the CCG massive crossover in a RPG way, as in the type of game and playstyle you would be using would define your class.
Players would interact with the world using their CCG instead of only doing duels.

Was such a thing already done ?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2016, 11:38:04 am »

Uncontested and conflict matches work like that, So long as you are following the basic rules of your game, you are free to try just about anything, and by basic rules i mean, you draw cards, have a hand limit, and need the resources that your system demands.

Uncontested matches are less so, since nobody is stopping you, you can just set that up rather quickly.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2016, 11:42:18 am »

*Silently prepares to do some anime bullshit*

Also, conincidentally, tamogatchi would probably work nicely with pokemon considering happiness and love is a core component of pokemon.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:29 am »

Hacked together a basic thing for now using Tamagotchi. My character is more or less pure support, as the only thing they can do in a fight is buff other monsters, heal them or make them feel loved :P

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2016, 11:46:46 am »

If I am not mistaken, Uncontested and conflict matches still stay 1 on 1 matches right ?

I specifically thought about multiplayer interaction, as in supporting an ally with effects coming from another game for wacky results.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2016, 11:47:12 am »

Can I make a motion that for the sake of standardization we use the following generic labels to describe all card games:

Creatures - Cards that stay on the field and have a "body" containing stats such as attack and health. (Pokemon in Pokemon, Monsters in YuGiOh, Minions in Hearthstone, etc.)

Spells - Cards that lack a "body" but produce an effect. (Usually called 'Spells' in many card games but may go by other names as well.)

Items - Cards that interact by "attaching" themselves to a player or a Creature in order to alter them in someway, also oftentimes called Equipment.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:33 am »

Sure, I'll add it to Terms to know in the OP

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2016, 11:50:20 am »

Can I make a motion that for the sake of standardization we use the following generic labels to describe all card games:

Creatures - Cards that stay on the field and have a "body" containing stats such as attack and health. (Pokemon in Pokemon, Monsters in YuGiOh, Minions in Hearthstone, etc.)

Spells - Cards that lack a "body" but produce an effect. (Usually called 'Spells' in many card games but may go by other names as well.)

Items - Cards that interact by "attaching" themselves to a player or a Creature in order to alter them in someway, also oftentimes called Equipment.
I would prefer making Items or the like a subcategory of the Spell category. Apart from this small demand, I wholeheartedly agree.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 11:50:43 am »

You guys have any less kludge-y ways to adapt the Happiness gauge from Tamagotchi? I've tried to adapt it as a Relationship gauge that boosts Heart-based miracles depending on how high Relationship is, but I dunno.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:05 am »

Why not have Tamagotchi "attack" with Happiness and whatnot insufferable sweetness ?

They would kill by happiness overdose. Or their powers would be unlocked by Happiness. Or something. /rambling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:19 am »

Make it a percentage boost, Full Happiness is +100% Heart when dealing with that monster.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65