Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeds and dates  (Read 1240 times)

Darktongue Breakbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seeds and dates
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:02:00 am »

I've heard of a lot of people using their birthdays as the custom seed for world generation.  I decided to try other interesting dates and seeing what I find.  I'm starting with 10251917.  The date of the October Revolution in Russia.  Maybe I'll get a huge red sand desert.

I want to know what other interesting dates people have used and if they found anything interesting.

Darktongue Breakbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seeds and dates
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:22:00 am »

Ok my searching around my October Revolution seed revealed a couple of interesting things.  There is a lake valley in the middle of a mountain range in the far northeast that actually contains a named mountain that you can embark to.  In the far south there is a volcano in the middle of the tundra.

Darktongue Breakbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:25:00 am »

Oh it also has an area too the far left near the bottom in which a good aligned desert comes into direct contact with an evil aligned one, you could play a map that contains both biomes in it.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

I thought most people used yyyymmdd format.

Anyway, 19800624 has magma, a running water, sand, trees, a cave with 6 pages of monsters, lots of minerals...
I can't remember where I actually landed in that world, though.

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 04:32:00 am »

My birthday seed has at least two named mountains you can access- in the same mountain range, to boot. I'm going to see what it's all about, though I expect an extreme lack of wood. It also has a mountainous area that is completely goblin free and can only be reached by your fellow dwarves. A Shangrila inland island sorta thing.
 Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer